The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Who's your favorite VA in the series?

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Out of all the LBT movies and episodes, which voice actors gave your personal favorite performances?

I always liked Jeff Bennett as Petrie, and also as Ichy. By the later movies Bennett's Petrie voice felt so natural to me it'd be odd to hear someone else play him if the time ever came.

What about you guys?

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I really, really wish Judith Barsi had still been around to portray Ducky throughout the series.  Since that was not the case, Heather Hogan and Aria Curzon have done a fine job in my opinion.  I even like how in the latest installments of the series Ducky's voice begins to deepen.  This is a sign of puberty in females ;).

As for Cera, it came as a shock the first time I watch LBT V and heard her speak.  Anndi McAfee sounds so different than Candace Hutson :blink:.  However, Anndi's sound grew on me, and I like her portrayal of Cera.  A tomboyish female and a lower voice mix quite well :yes.

I was most impressed with the first three portrayers of Littlefoot: Gabriel Damon, Scott McAfee, and Thomas Dekker.  I feel these guys did the best job with Littlefoot :yes.

Also, I like John Ingle's portayal of Mr. Threehorn.  For some odd reason, his voice grew on me early in the series ;).

As always, Tresse MacNeille does a fine job in the LBT series as Mama Swimmer, Mama Flyer, and Dil.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
For Littlefoot, my three favorite voice actors would have to be Gabriel Damon, Scott McAfee, and Thomas Dekker. Dekker especially had the best singing voice for Littlefoot.

For Cera, I loved Candace Hutson in the first movie, but I didn't like it as much in the sequels. I don't know, it just didn't feel right for her. Anndi McAfee's portrayal in LBT V and VI were a bit odd for me as well, but once LBT VII happened I grew more accostumed to her voice and especially like it on the later sequels.

For Ducky, nobody can voice her like Judith Barsi. She had the most conviction in her portrayal in my opinion. It is tragic that she could not continue this portrayal in the sequels, but to be fair Aria Curzon does resemble Barsi's voice a bit. I didn't like Heather Hogan's portrayal as much because she made Ducky sound even younger than Barsi did in my opinion.

For Petrie, Jeff Bennet didn't really do it for me in the first couple sequels. I didn't really buy that Petrie sounded like a kid, more like a shrimpy adult flyer. Now of course because of the speech impediment that kind of made it better. Bennet really improved his portrayal in my opinion once LBT VII happened. Like Anndi, Petrie's voice sounded much younger, which was really how his voice should have been. From that point on, as well as the TV series, he's improved and done a marvolous job.

Petrie157578641

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/TabalugaDragon
I LOVE Petrie's Voice!This is one of main reasons why Petrie's my favorite character!!!Jeff Bennett did and amazing job voicing all sequels and episodes, His singing in Imaginary Friends and Say So were just ADORABLE(no wonder he got award for Imaginary) The first thing I saw about LBT for last 7 years(2 years ago) is song Say So, and Jeff Bennet's singing caught me in chains of eagerness to watch all LBT sequels  :idea
so yes, because of Jeff Bennett I stated watching LBT and became it's fan, I really Appreciate Jeff's work in LBT
Oh and in Case some of you guys don't know, Jeff Bennett is also a musician :)

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Jeff Bennet was always cool. He plays Petrie and he alway's does a good job. He also voiced Ozzy from number 2 and I liked his work there.

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I forgot this one, The first Ducky Voice was Judith Barsi (R.I.P) and I liked her work. In my opinion, she was one of the best, if not the best.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
Judith Barsi ftw. Seriously. Not just because of what happened to her, but what an awesome, belivable job she did with Ducky. Aria Noelle was a good replacement VA, but she just...doesn't have that magic and innocence that our dear Judith Barsi had.

He only voiced Sierra in the seventh sequel, but I LOVE Jim Cummings. His talent in all the voices he does is amazing and prolific. ^^ The fact he can be Winnie the Pooh with a soft, humble voice and then a harsh, psychotic tone like NegaDuck or Sierra, he has to have amazing skills.

Jeff Bennet is like Jim Cummings in that way as well. Not as well known, but still good nevertheless.

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/femoman
I have so many, I'm sure I'll forget some:

1. Thomas Dekker as Littlefoot. For an 11 year old, this guy was remarkably good at conveying emotion, having a wide range of voice levels (from lower sounds to shouting), and an impressive singing voice. He's probably my favourite Littlefoot voice.

2. Anndi Mcafee. For me, the transfer from Candace Hudson to her seemed a little more seamless. it just seemed like me that, well, cera's growing up a bit, it's only natural her voice changes a bit. Plus, she has probably got the best singing voice in the whole series.

3. The flyer trio from Stone of Cold Fire. What's not to like?! It's a trio of flyers, voiced by D'artagnan, Winnie The Pooh and Pinky! Paulson and Cummings were impressive as always, but Michael York was something special, mainly because I think this first work in voice-acting, and he pulled it off well, almost like a less evil-sounding Tim Curry. Small wonder why Pterano has become such a popular character.

4. Jeff Bennet as Petrie. I always loved Petrie's voice. There was a reason he was my favourite character when I first watched the films. But one thing I noticed, as opposed to Cera anad Ducky who's voices deepen, his gets higher as the series progresses. It's like his voice unbreaks!

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I gotta say her as well. Her dad murdered her and his wife. It's a shame. She played Very well. And the actor that played Petrie was also good.

kjeldo

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://halolz.com
Judith barshi and aria noelle did a good job on ducky,

andi mcafree was also a very tomboyish voice, fitting Cera,

John ingle also did a good gruff job on Mr. Threehorn!