The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Insane Cafe 4: The Insane Frontier

Nick22 · 5628 · 286524

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
we have plenty of money , Diddy" dont worry ' Wendy shook her head. '  After we eat , we need to report in to dad and DK, make sure you boys are keeping your noses clean, after that, theres an amusement park on the south side bof town. we're going to hog the water rides/' the pink bowed koopa shot them a big toothed grin. ' " hope you boys like climbing stairs, the ride starts at trhe top..'
 flurrie came over floating a tray of drinks. ' heres the econd batch of drinks boys. theres at least 3 more to go, if I took down everyone- Goombette, did you get the Goomba cola?, you did? good, I thought you had been shorted- anyway I'm sure the wizard wiull be checking in on you as well, Diddy and junior." Actually boys, I have an idea. a kart race. two riders to a kart' Dixie Kong said. " 3 laps around town. winners get to pick out what dessert we'll be eating in a bit. i'm putting my vote in for brownies."
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
(Pottermore)

Muggle Londinium was of course, kept oblivious to Chong's actions and the potential dangers of Carlotta Pinkstone's sentence. As it was, people were going shopping and other daily activities.

Black cabs and double-decker busses ferried locals and tourists alike to various locales. The only thing that hinted that something was wrong was that Londinium Tower was closed to the public...under the guise of renovations. In actuality it was an entrance to the holding cells where Carlotta Pinkstone was located prior to her portkeying to Azkaban for her sentencing. For those undeterred by sight of heavy equipment working, Muggle Repelling Charms had been set up.

----------------

Wizarding Londinium was a totally different story with posters warning everyone to be on the lookout for Chong. The posters were animated and showed a constantly playing loop of him entering Daxium's Wand Repair. The picture clearly showed his face.

Additional posters warned that public portkeys and the public floo network were closed down. Still other posters warned that anti-Apparition charms were in place. Finally, posters also warned that a strict curfew was in effect and violators were subject to arrest. Aurors openly carrying wands and magic staves patrolled the cobble streets.

Even so, there were people enjoying the occasional game of Wizarding Chess or Gobstones.

----------------

Jack Wellington was surprised by a knock on the door from his neighbor. Said neighbor was a flustered looking woman. "They got Carlotta!" she exclaimed. "We're going to be next!"

"Dittany?" he said. "What do you mean?" The man already suspected that his neighbor was a Witch given how his cellphone always malfunctioned near her house. That and he had been present during Carlotta's demonstration in Esbenshire and seen some odd creatures around her house. Though he had no memory of it, videos he had taken during the demonstration revealed all he needed to know.

"No time to explain, get your crossbow and follow me!"

The urgency in her voice told her all he needed to know. He ran out to his shed and in a few minutes, he returned with a quiver of arrows and a powerful sporting crossbow. He barely had time to lock his door before Dittany grabbed his hand, pulled out her wand and the duo vanished.

-----------------------

(???)

Spire of Winter was slowly heading towards the location of Phoenix. Captain Carson had made sure to keep the transmitter tuned to Drobot's frequency so he could find them even they moved.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The image of Stripetail looked at the gathered crowd and began to speak " Welcome, surviving contestants of Dreadzone, to the Spire of Winter. Many of you have been fighting in that arena for months, for some, it has been years. Rest assured, we will be doing everything we can to bring you back to your homes and compensate you for your suffering. We are tracking down Vox's sponsors and seizing their resources, everything from cash, bank accounts and even businesses , Lady Utsa has already made great strides in that effort. The sheer amount of money that Vox and his allies made off of your suffering is staggering and we intend to get as much of it to you as possible. President Qwark has announced that any money contestants receive will be tax-free, so you won't have to worry about having to turn around and pay a good chunk of it to your local governments.

Given the sheer number of contestants from across several galaxies, contacting every family member of every contestant is a big challenge and one which we have not yet finished with. Anyone who wants to make a claim against the money we have recovered, please see Lady Utsa of Dramos and bring whatever records and documents you might have on your person, whatever job you had prior to your capture, we will work to regain it for you if possible.

I will close by commending the work of my undercover team, who spent months slowly getting prisoners out, not a easy task given the circumstances, they performed their tasks with courage bravery and honor. If any of you have any questions, I will be available to help answer them. Welcome to the Spire, and enjoy your stay."

Su Ling and Skylar were in line at the pizza parlor both girls trying to figure out what pizza to order " Kay is a bit picky about his food " Su Ling said " He likes meat and unfortunately, meat pizza is not a thing. The closest they have is the Tower of Meat Pizza, which has 12 different meats on it." Plux probably wants pepperoni, he likes picking them off." Skylar said as she looked at the menu " What are you getting for yourself Su Ling?" I'm not sure yet. If I can't pick something I will just have whatever you get."
" I will probably just get cheese " Skylar said

Vitani brought Kovu a menu from the Mawashii Meat Market." You get 5 choices of meat, little brother. Personally I would recommend the grilled hare, its fall off the bone good. Unless you are too busy with Kiara, making up for missing her birthday party. Don't worry I will hang a " Do Not Disturb- Royal Business " sign on your door so you won't be interrupted " Vitani laughed." You are getting a piece of the contestants compensation fund, although given that you are getting hazard pay from Stripetail, a big check from Scar and your colognes are selling like hot cakes, you don't really need the money. I would suggest some charity donations like the Pridelands Poor Assistance Fund, it helps those in the kingdom who are less fortunate."

Witt and Greg continued eating donuts as they chatted with the dragons . Cinder was playing Spyro S in Skystones and she was getting creamed, there were only 2 spaces left and Spyro was up 6-1. She put her stone down- a Captain Flynn stone- and Spyro flipped the stone and her other stone with a Golden Queen stone " Wow, I've never gotten all 9 before " Spyro said " is that rare?" Cinder asked a little put out by getting beat so badly " Yeah its rare, like I said, I have never gotten all 9 until now. Usually the best you do is 8, normally the other person fills in the last open spot and gets a point or two that way. You just got unlucky Cinder. Besides you beat Ruskin in your game with him, it was 7-2 in your favor." That's true." Cinder said smiling a little." You play a ton anyway no wonder you are good at it."

Ozai created a " Top 10 Great Things I Did Today " list and copies of it appeared in front of all the shrines on the ship number 1 was creating a new island and putting a new palace on it. " It's not yet open for visitors yet, Shifu still has to install the carpeting." Ozai's image chuckled
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
(Pottermore)
Posters of regulations from the Ministry appeared on lamp posts, businesses and windows. Wizards and witches drank at the Wand and Stave Pub commenting on the trial and sentencing of Pinkstone- some thought the sentence was fair, others thought it was harsh and a few thought Pinkstone had been framed.  There was also talk about the new Dark Wizard and his Muggle accomplices " Why would a wizard willingly work with Muggles? asked an elderly witch " We stay separate for a reason." He's a Dark Wizard Agora, they don't follow the rules. He must be using them for some wretched scheme, although only the heavens know what it is. Nothing good will come of it, that you can be sure." said a wizard across from her.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
(???)

Sensors aboard Spire of Winter indicated that Phoenix was very close by. Captain Carson opened a radio channel to the starship's captain. "Nick, this is Captain Carson of Spire of Winter, we have found your ship and we are able to send over personnel and materials to assist in repairs. Over."

She then radioed Stripetail. "Lord Stripetail," Captain Carson said. "Nick's ship has been found..." It was then that sensors picked up another signal. "Wait, Drobot is also approaching the ship."

-------------------------------------------

(Pottermore)

Diagon Alley was packed to nearly overflowing with Aurors as they interrogated shopkeepers and other business owners as to the whereabouts of any of Carlotta Pinkstone's associates. Already, a group of Aurors had arrested an employee of Bertie Botts who been caught selling chocolate frogs to a Muggleborn wizard's Muggle parents. While Muggle relatives were permitted  in Diagon Alley as long as they were accompanied by a Witch or Wizard, they were not permitted to purchase, possess or even hold any magical items. While this law was often broken (and overlooked by Aurors in the past) for things like candies or similar small items; under Minister Fudge's decree, they were now to enforce a zero-tolerance policy for this law — any Wizard or Witch caught selling or giving a magical item to a Muggle was promptly arrested, the offending item confiscated and the Muggle Obliviated and ejected from Diagon Alley straight out onto the streets of Muggle Londinium.

The rationale for this draconian order was to that Carlotta Pinkstone's supporters would not provide Muggles with an item that can be used to expose the Wizarding World.

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
As the male cats played their video game, they suddenly heard Sneed wake up behind them. The bear may have been a big sleeper, but he was a big eater too.  "Sneed appreciates the dinner, but Sneed wants dessert now too!"

"We got lots of tubs of ice cream," Oliver said to Ollie, "What flavors does he like?"

"Those options sound really good," Kovu nodded to Vitani. "Bring me all the meats you can, preferably those with the highest calorie count. I've got a lot of eating to make up with how I was treated back in the arena." He then thought about the last thing she said. "I'm sure I can donate a fair amount of money," he assured.

"Say...." Kiara realized. "Since Kovu's a king now, how about we make his room be his unofficial "kingdom" for the time being?" The Pride Lands princess wanted to do everything she could to make Kovu happy.

"It will be installed later today, your majesty," Shifu smiled to Mawashi's god-king. The sumo red panda smiled as Ozai's subjects all bowed to him. Just like how there were multiple different sects of Ozai worship, the sumo king had several main palaces that he alternated between uses of.

"Vushu, should we get to the nearest shrine on the ship?" Sima asked. "The festival honoring our king has begun."

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
good' stripetail replied. ' i would figure  the phoenix is in dire need of repairs, i cant imagine Chong would leave it untouched for Nick to use.  I'll have some of my team assist in repairs."
-
 nick opened up his comm link ' Helo Captain. i have a few passengers i picked up while testing the ships operations- Po, Jing, Panda King and Tigeress of the Moon. Po is injured, he almost certainly a broken arm and leg, and very likely has internal bleeding in that leg. he needs medical attention immediately. i have him in suspended statisa but its only a temporary salve. any assistence you have will be greatly appreciated.  ETa to docking is 45 minutes."
_
Dixie and Scooby joined.  Agumon, Agumina, gabumon  Gabuna, Biyomon, Stitch and angel at the lunch table. ' yousa want fish?' stitch asked as a fresh basket of savory breaded fish arrived at the table. ' I';d like some  Stitch thanks ' Dixie said  as stitch passed her the basket.  scooby ordered the all you can eat chicken tenders.  " how are you guys doing?' Dixie asked the others ' mesa fine ' Angel said. ' stitch is taking me out sightseeing on the next planet. "  i'm doing well biyonmon said ' gabuna told me that  you guys were on a mission from the wizard, hush hush stuff. ." Yes, undercover work. we cant say what because we may need to go undercover again at some point and we'll need our aliases to be unknown' Dixie said.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
(Spire of Winter)

Drobot entered the Spire's vehicle bay. He was met by the crew.

"It has been so long since I have set foot in this area," the armored dragon said as he look off his helmet. "For that, I have Stripetail and his crew to thank."

"Shh," Rainbow said, using her manipulator arm to point to a screen that was playing a message from Stripetail on repeat.

Drobot and Rainbow were among the many former Dreadzone prisoners who were watching the message. As the vehicle bay was one of the most spacious areas aboard the ship, it had been pressed into service as an auditorium for the enormous amount of prisoners that had been liberated.

-------------------

(Spire of Winter)

"Acknowledged, Captain Nick," Captain Carson said. "The medical bay has been alerted and is ready to receive all casualties for treatment.

She continued to slowly move the great starship until it was close enough for the ship's onboard tractor beams to lock on.

"Okay," she said. "Ships are in position. Engage tractor beams!"

"Aye, aye!" The ship's first mate, engaged the targeting systems for the tractor beams, which were normally used for pulling in containers, smaller ships or chunks of ore. Granted, the tractor beam control software and systems were so powerful and accurate that the beams themselves could be used to hold large ships steady for repair work...or for more accurate targeting of  Spire's railgun or mining laser.

After several minutes of precise targeting, the ships were carefully locked together and still.

Captain Carson then radioed Nick to let him know that he could start transferring over personnel and he can start accepting materials and crew as well.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
thganks you captain Carson.  i'll send over my crew for treatment." Nick said.  Repairing the ship will take a long while. theres engine damage to fix,  defense systems to repair and bullet holes to fill in. plus theres a closet full of weapons stolen from .. who knows where> I'm going to have to catalog them and try and find out where they are from.  the expenses for all of this are going to be.. well huge.  all help is appreciated. Nick out"
 nick broke communications and started moving the statis system that Po was in. " how are you holding up Po?' Nick as as the  bed slowly moved with a puttering sound not unlike a golf cart. ' Well the field is preventing my leg and arm from moving, so i'm feeling any pain. still the floating is a bit disorientating.' po said as Panda King, Jing and tigeress walked on beside him. '  Your first date is tomorrow , by the way ' Tigeress said ' Wait! What! I " po started to protest " Po, don;t stall. " Tigeress held up a claw. " After listening to Jing here talk for four hours straight about how much she's wants your buns in her oven,  I can tell you are a very lucky panda. ' Wait. she talked about cubs for FOUR HOURS?!?  you didnt change the subject  to.. i don;t know, action figures .. or something?'Po gaped. "  action figures are a guy thing Po. no, we talked about other things,, like the dragon warrior dresses she;s having made. she even made me dress up in a suit that looks scarily like you, and had me do action poses. which considering I'm a quadriped, are hard to do,but i did my best.  we did a dance off, for being such a big gal, she;s got very nimble feet."  Mom had me take ballerina lessons when i was young. Jing beamed.  ' It pays to move your feet." Hold on, she had you dress  up like me? and how did she know what my outfits sizes are.? Po blinked. ' Careful observation, plus theres plenty of records on you in the Hall of Heroes ' Tigeress said. ' You're in the interdimensional Wing, Wing H. Theres 3 different poses of you in there.  " I was only there for the Kung Fu masters convention. I wasnt intending to sightsee.' Po said.  " Then Panda King  um.. ' hooked you up " Tigeress giggled. " Po, i envy you. i wish my Tiger had been even as 1-100th as romantic to me as Jing is to you during our courtship.   Look I know you're nervous, but this will be  fun! What can I do for you,  Po to put your mind at ease?"Tigeress grinned.'  I know.. Jing said cheerily ' bring the girls along! Flash and mona!  flash can sit on your head Po and mona can sit on mine. Although , we;d need to   give them plates to eat off of, and I'm not sure my head is big enough for both a large plate and a wolf cub >" Can I at least get a dessert?" po asked. " Of course. dessert is included.. those chocolate stuffed dumplings remember? from the pictures they showed, they're big. " tigeress said. " i'm just not sure  how much I'll be able to eat with one hand and two casts.' po said as they reached the spire transfer corridor. 

_
 the nearest shrine is 6 blocks away. ' Vushu said. " lets go." she smirked to Sima,.  Vushu started walking away towards the shrine, carrying a book of beliefs by her sect.

- I'll make sure yo u get your fill brother. " Vitani said ruffling Kovu's mane " don;t I always?" she laughed.  " i'll order you the food, while you set up your ' throne" how many lionesses will it be this time?" she said knowingly.
 Laval pulled up with Li Ella o their speeders. ' come on you guys. lion's lunch, at the Panicked Prey! you get 15 different dipping sauces!' said the Chima prince, licking his lips. " Since Kovu there needs sustenance, i'll let you order the first few courses. " He chuckled. " I convinced him not to pig out himself ' li Ella said.  ' they have menu selections there for all predators, from birds to big cats to spiders.
-
Tiger and kitty were working on his god outfit which had three layers to it, one color for each of tigers favorites. now Kitty was  sewing a purple ' T" on the chest chest ( t for Tiger, naturally) and  making sure the pants fit.

Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Well, I have Kiara and Sima already, maybe another half-dozen could suffice," Kovu grinned smugly, having relaxed against his two beauties before. They were so comfortable, and just what he needed after his ordeal.

Kiara then noticed a certain elephant walking towards the food court. "Hey Kopa, isn't that Abu?" she recognized. "We should go say hi to him."

"I can feed you the food directly into your big mouth, my handsome man," Jing said seductively to Po. "No effort on your part needed." She gently touched his face and clearly loved the feeling of it.  She was never letting her fiancé be taken from her again.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Thanks Jing, but I can manage."Po said as they reached the Spire and headed toward the medical wing " Surely I'm not the first panda you've had interest in, right?" I had some crushes, but I was too young to partner with them. You are lucky that I am now of age " Jing smiled." Don't worry, I know that you have your Dragon Warrior duties and you'll be away for long stretches, I'm fine with that. I'll be busy myself soon enough- changing little panda diapers " Her grin grew at Po's reaction." Don't tell me that you are like General Tsao, in his , erm, 'traditional ' view of women. Or that you view me as a disposable pleasure rather than a meaningful pursuit? " Truth is Jing, I l'd rather stay a bachelor " Po said." I'm not that good around girls, and my duties take up most of my time."
 My dad is paying for everything Po. Your dad is, well poor and could use the windfall. Besides, in China, the dad makes the decision. Once my dad picked you, that was it. It was a easy choice actually, and my dad has a good read on people. Besides, What lady Panda wouldn't want a hero for a husband?. For goodness sake, I nearly talked Tigeress' ears off about how strong you are. We came up with 127 different nicknames for you, my personal favorite was ' dragon warrior dumpling '
127 nicknames? How long did that take?" 15 minutes Tigeress said " We only stopped because it was dance off time." You girls and your dancing " Po said." I get it's hard giving up the single life Po, but it'll be fun. Your second date is a mini golf match, winner picks dessert " Tigeress said " Luca and I will be playing with Jing, while Tiger and Scooby have agreed to play with you. Dixie's the scorekeeper . Jing is a very nice girl, she's always coming up with new ideas, like panda pong , where you use your body like a paddle and hit a ball across a net. We played that the other day, while she had me dressed up as you. We played to 21, and I got creamed. What was it, 21-4?" You got 5. And you got better as the game went on." Jing said. " Now a eating contest I could get behind " Po said." We have that set up for date 4, or is it 5.. hold on" Jing pulled out a list- let's see- pizza mini golf, board games, movie night, costume party, karaoke, ok it's date 7, hope you like funnel cake with chocolate dipping sauce." You have all of that down already." That's just the next two weeks." Jing said and Po's mouth fell open." You can pick some too, I'd gladly go to the Kung Fu Master exhibit with you for instance." You two are chaperones for Mona and Flash going to a baseball game " Tigeress said " Once your arm heals I'll get you a catching glove Po. Jing already has hers. Tiger got hit with a ball once when we were at Monsters Stadium, he had a bump on his head the size of a grapefruit." Ouch," Po said." Yeah it's why you have hats and gloves Ast those games." Tigeress said
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Several smaller ships emerged from the Spire carrying materials and specially trained repair crews. The ships flitted over the exterior hull of Phoenix checking to ensure that its integrity was not compromised.

Meanwhile, other shuttles carrying repair materials, environmental remediation crew and repair crews docked inside the landing bay of the starship.

Already, one could see that much work was needed to be done as burnt out hulks of personal spacecraft littered the landing bay. Burnt, jagged gouges carved in the walls, floors and ceilings and hardened droplets of metal and stone indicated that combat involving powerful spells or high energy weapons  — or both — had occurred in the landing bay. Spent shell casings, bullet impacts and blood spatter further marred the once pristine area.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
aurors were currently questioning everyone brought in, witch, wizard, squib, it didnt matter.  trying to keep the magical world secret to normal folks (the muggle leaders of the  world had secret lines of communication that were used rarely when magic use threatened the muggle world) was  a driving force for Fudge, there were some who whispered behind his back that it bordered on fanaticism , thouh none dard to say that to his face, he was after all the minister of Magic.  reports wre pilung up on his desk, of people suspected of having sympathy, or open support for Pinkstone, the numbers for both were several times higher than he had previously believed. fudge sighed as he read over the dossiers and testimony. ' the rot goes deeper than I believed' he ,muttered.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Hi there Abu," Kiara waved to the pride's elephant friend, "Haven't seen you in a while."

"I like how there's so much of you to rest against," Kovu told Sima. "Your planet is right, bigger is always better." He knew Sima would want to stop by at a shrine to Ozai, and then she'd join the rest for food. His stomach was rumbling and his mouth drooling.

"And if you don't want to do anything with lots of physical exertion, we could just cuddle on our dates, my flabby hubby," Jing cooed as she brought Po some food. "This'll help you feel better before the doctors work on you." Sure her admiration of Po seemed like an obsession, but her love was undeniably genuine.

Kitty mused some thoughts as Tiger tried on more potential god attire. "Just think, I'll be the wife of a god, I'm sure that has its benefits," she purred, giving Tiger's belly a pat. "I always knew you had it in you, Tiger," she complimented, "You really unleashed.....well, your inner tiger."

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
(Pottermore)

Two Aurors entered Minister Fudge's office.

"Minister Fudge," the first Auror said. "We arrested Howard Sativus — a Squib — in Diagon Alley. He was caught trying to buy shadevine berries and since they are only used in potion brewing and as a Squib, he lacks the ability to do so, we took him into custody. Under Veritaserum, he admitted that he was going to bring them to Esbenshire where a large gathering of Pinkstone's followers is currently gathering."

The second Auror then spoke. "We are currently amassing a force of hit-wizards to take all of them into custody. However, we will not proceed until your say so."

----------------------------

(Esbenshire)

Jack Wellington could hardly believe his eyes. Candles emitting a soft blue light hovered in midair as he followed Dittany. The portraits on the wall watched him and he could have sworn one of them waved to him.

But nothing — not even walking through a door that appeared in midair — could have prepared him for what he saw in the main living room. Which looked about two hundred years out of date with antique furniture that looked like it belonged in a museum. And small humanoid creatures dressed in rags walking around.

"Is Master Wellington wanting anything?"

Jack looked down at the creature, which was carrying a tray of assorted drinks. Many of which looked familiar but some didn't. Remaining silent, Dittany picked up a glass of water for him. But as he looked up, he noticed that men and women dressed in robes mingled with men and women dressed in modern clothing and they were chatting.

Soon, an elderly woman dressed in a brilliant orange robe pointed a wand at her throat and shouted "Sonorus!". She cleared her throat and spoke.

"Witches, Wizards and Muggles, we are all gathered here today to continue the legacy of Carlotta Pinkstone. While her body rests in Azkaban and her soul devoured by Dementors, her ideals and ideas live on! We will overthrow the Statute of Secrecy and usher in a new era of understanding and cooperation between Muggles and Wizardingkind. To borrow a Muggle saying, 'they cannot kill an idea'. We intend to put that into practice! And today, I, Daphne Wittenweld declare Esbenshire a Statute of Secrecy-free zone!"

Cheers arose from the gathered crowd.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
proceeed. we need to stamp out all support for PInkstoneand  her ideas. obliviate anyone who tries to resist, any wizard you capture.. send them to Azkaban., " fudge said. " i will make showing support for pinkstone and her madness a criminal offense- under section 1335 of the wizard code. protection of wizarding kind from threats internal and external. the law grants me authority to impose measures needed to combat the threat.  Go, gentleman, and do what you have to do. ' fudge sighed.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Hi Kiara Hi Kopa. Good to see you, and doing well."Abu said patting the lions on the head with his trunk "I'm here for the elephant gala, there's a couple other elephants from Agrabah here, they carry the guards on their patrols. "
We could use you to guard Kovus room." Kopa chuckled" He's catching up with Sima and Kiara, if you know what I mean. And they want their privacy. Could you please guard the room for the evening? I will gladly pay you for your time."
I would be happy to guard them." Abu said." Just let me get some reading things and some food."
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Thank you for this Abu," Kovu nodded respectfully, "I remember you watching over all of us as we were growing up. It's almost like old times, except I'm pretty much a king now."

"A very handsome king," Kiara smiled, kissing her mate. "Say Abu, you married yet?" She did remember how Abu loved the elephant ladies almost as much as he did gems....which was a lot.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
(Pottermore)

Popping sounds filled the air as the hit-wizards Apparated from the Ministry of Magic and over to Esbenshire. Of course, the sudden appearance of men and women in robes wasn't unnoticed but several shouts of "Obliviate!" quickly rectified that issue with the Muggles of Esbenshire staggering off as if drunk, thanks to how many Memory Charms were fired off.

The hit-wizards easily found the concealed house thanks to the coordinates provided by the Aurors' earlier recon mission.

-----------------

Once the cheering had died down, Daphne raised her hands for silence. "I know we are all excited to see the start of a new age but we must first convince—"

"Daphne Wittenweld! By the order of Minister Fudge, you are to surrender yourself and all of your followers. You have two minutes to comply or we will enter by force!"

Panicked murmurs ran through the gathered crowd. Some even publicly expressed if Daphne's tough stance would melt.

But Daphne raised her hands for calm. "Everyone! We will not surrender! Remember what awaits us if we surrender or worse, lose! A fate worse than death, Azkaban and the Dementors! Muggles, you will lose all memories you have had of this place or possibly even more! Fortify everything and fight to the last breath! Witches and wizards, use your most vicious spells! Muggles, use your technology! Today, we show that fool Fudge his folly of sentencing Carlotta Pinkstone to the Dementor's Kiss! For he now has to deal with a whole army of Pinkstones!"

A roar of approval went up from the crowd. The Magicfolk raised wands in the air. Muggles raised a variety of weapons — mostly farming and construction tools, sporting/hunting crossbows and bows but quite a few airguns and even the rare hunting rifle or shotgun was also seen — in solidarity.

Shouts of Protego! mingled with the sounds of furniture being moved.

Jack Wellington's hands trembled as he cocked his crossbow and loaded a bolt. Two wizards next to him had their wands out. The Muggle could only wonder how his life had gone so far sideways.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
the door burst into spinters as the  hit wizards entered the room ' shouts of ' stupefy! petrificus totalus ' and protego  were accompanied by powerful blasts of magic from their wanbds. against such magic, the muggle weapons were no match for this powerful magic.  guns were turned to useless slag. bows wee burned to ash
  and one by one the muggles were petrified, leaving the wizards and witches trying to hold off trained mages with orders to bring them in, one way or another. as you can imagine, things became very one sided, very quickly. for all of daphnes exhortations of  ' stand your ground' they were being rapidly over powered, and soon, daphne was more or less by herself. ' Advada kedavra" shouted a mage, and a green light hit Daphne in the chest.   she immediately sprawled to the floor, her wand  rolling away from her grasp. ' the killing curse was not blockable, and it was immediately  fatal. It was also considered an 'unforgivable' curse, with an automatic penalty of life in prison in Azkaban if used.  those wizards that werent unconscious, were taken into custody. the  emntire place was a mess, bropken glass everywhere, holes in the walls, and there were 4 or 5 dead  among the combatants, all on the side of those resisting arrest.
 We'll need to report back to the Minister. Wittenweld has been dealt with.. permamently ' said one auror to the others. ' we'll need to have a team sweep his place, get rid of the bodies and so forth. lots of paperwork with  this one. wizarding law, it makes Muggle laws look simple.
_
no, not yet, i enjoy being a playboy too much. ' Abu chuckled. ' you go on and have fun. I'll be busy organizing my defensive route and strategy. after all, i need to deny entry to nearly anyone. ' come along , my king.' Sima laughed ' that lion's lunch isnt going to eat itself and vushu told me its all you can eat grilled bareback hare, yum yum.'
 AS Kopa and others went to lunch. abu went into Kovu's room and looked around. the room was pretty sparse, a couple of rdressers, with items on them clearly identifying the owner of the dressers. there was one fior kKovu,. one for Kiara and one for sima. kovu's was only one that had something on it yet. a small figure of Scar, a picture of him as a teenager male at what looked like a fair, and  him wearing his dreadzone armor. ' better get organizing ' abu said to himself.

Winner of these:

Runner up for these: