The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

New to the Big Screen

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
I saw Ice Age 2 on the weekend after it came out. A great movie! I loved every minute of it! Scrat was even better in this one. He had me in creases everytime. Poor guy, just can't catch a break! PMSL :DD I heard rumours that Scrat is supposed to be getting his own movie. Can anyone verifiy this? It wouldn't surprise me if he did coz he's great. LOL :lol

I also went to see Scary Movie 4 a few days later. That was good. Some realy grisly bits though. For the sake of people's stomachs I wont divulge info but if you liked the other Scary Movies (even though the 1st one was the best one in my opinion), it's worth seeing. It's a mick-rip cross between Saw and War of the Worlds and a few others. Great comedy to go and see!  :D

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Today I saw RV good movie if you ask me. I saw Ice Age 2 and Scary Movie 4 a few weeks ago Ice Age 2 probably was the best out of them all I loved um what's that sloth's name? Oh yeah Sid!

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
RV Looks pretty dumb, but very amusing.  Most of my friends don't want to see it, but I'm tempted to go see it anyways :lol

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I thought the previes looked preety dumb also but I often like too see a movie myself before casting judgement on it and it was good better then I expected.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Its not abbreviated, Malte. 'RV' IS the title.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
While I love Robin Williams as a comedian, I don't plan on seeing RV.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Nick22,May 1 2006 on  09:21 AM
While I love Robin Williams as a comedian, I don't plan on seeing RV.
I love him too that's kinda why I saw it but truth be told it wasn't one of his best. Little advice If you love Robin Williams as a comedian better stick with his older movies he was way funnier in those

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Williams probably did his best work in Mrs. Doubtfire thirteen years ago....nothing's come close since....

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: RogerRabbit,May 2 2006 on  01:22 PM
Williams probably did his best work in Mrs. Doubtfire thirteen years ago....nothing's come close since....
Agreed! After that he wasn't quite the same. Perfect Example Adam Sandler I love that guy probably one of my favorite comedians EVER! I've seen almost every one of his movies except Little Nicky that was impossible too watch. Anyway All his movies are good IMO. But his best work was Happy Gilmore or Billy Madison which happened quite a little while ago.

Megatoph

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://s8.invisionfree.com/AvP2000
I'd like to see godzilla final wars amazingly I havent seen it yet but I am goin to buy it its on DVD now. three hours long the sucker. I was reading the movies stats on www.wikipedia.com and the movies three hours long that makes me want to see it even more. I will buy it!

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
I'd have to say that "Mrs. Doubtfire" was one of the most disappointing films I've ever seen. They just quite simply didn't do nearly enough with the great source material they had for that film.

I much prefer "Jumanji" to anything else Williams did in the 90s, except for his voice over role in "Aladdin" and "Aladdin and the King of Thieves". He roles as Genie!
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I would agree Wk that Jumanji was his best work, although I thought MRs Doubtfire was a riot.  But apart from those two films, his recentr fiilms hab=ven't been hits. Death to Smoochy and the birdcage come to mind.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I just return from Ice Age 2, which many of you may have seen already. I sure love the movie  :) Again it is a mixture of some of the funniest scenes ever with a bit of sentimentalism. Did anyone else see it yet?

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I haven't seen it just yet, but it's on my To-Watch list. :wow   Thanks for the mini-review, Malte :yes

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Anyone seen 'X-3: The Last Stand"? Tell us a bit about what you thought, please.  :D

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
I just got back from "Over the Hedge" not that long ago. Its hilarious! Bruce Willis is appropriately smarmy, and the moments with the character Sid are to die for! Excellent voice acting, well-put together plot, great humor. I must see for anyone who likes talking animals.

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I just saw Cars.  I must say that it was very enjoyable.  Anyone else going to see it?

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I just saw Cars. I must say that it was very enjoyable. Anyone else going to see it?
I want to see it eventually, but I don't really feel like going to the theatre by myself, and it's really hard to get my friends together to do anything these days.  They're always so busy with whatever. :P:

I'll probably end up renting it or getting it on DVD.  Same with Over the Hedge.  I don't think I know anyone who would see Over the Hedge with me. :lol

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Same with Over the Hedge. I don't think I know anyone who would see Over the Hedge with me.
I'm still looking for someone to watch that movie with me. Hey Tim, how about this, you pay my flight to Canada and I pay the cinema tickets for the two of us. Deal?  :P: