The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Update: Literature and Art

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bullockarts.net
I've decided that today's update shall be nothing more than an update on writting (and other things). There's not much else to update on as nothing has really changed over the past week. Well aside from a few simple life's decisions here and there which I'll touch up on on some other time.

For right now, I feel that its time for a pleasant change in things, bringing back the days that my e-mail updates focused on the projects at hand, and nothing else. No more jibber jabber concerning jobs, or conflicts with family, and living conditions (which I'm sure most of you are tired of hearing). Nothing but plain ol writting and art.

Okay, so getting back to basics...

Literature:
Arkia:
The book that got this group started in the first place. I've made some decisions about this piece in the past week. I've decided against doing one massive three part volumn and publish the books seperately. The first draft of the first book had long been completed, however; I've decided to rewrite it from scratch, and from beginning to end as it should had been written to begin with. I know its taking forever for me to get anything out there. But I ask you all to bear with me on this. With a first draft having already been written, I have a certain confidence (sp?) that this project will be completed in half the time that it took to begin with.

Longfeather:
Very few know what this story is about. But several have heard about my work on it and even had the privelage of viewing some rather early attempts at the illustrations. This book started out as a screenplay nearly a decade ago, but my good cousin Patrick had talked me into turning it into a novel. I've made several attempts over the years to do this, only now is it flowing from pen to paper like it should. Let me just say, this project was always my supposed life masterpiece. I intend to keep it that way. Everyone will soon be getting a taste of it once I begin typing it up in the third draft. =) Its planned to be a five part series, so stay tuned!

The Marlox Chronicles:
This is still fresh and still flowing. I havent a clue where its going I'm just writting it as it happens. I've heard that doing stories this way kind of makes the writting all the more exciting. You have an idea of what's eventually going to happen, but you dont know how its going to happen, what's going to trigger it nor do you know what's about to happen in the next scene. A sense of suspense. I will admit however, I feel that its either going too slow or too fast, often I wonder if the structure of the story so far really makes any sense... Second draft, I may know what the heck it is I've been writting in this piece.

Stories from Woodlin Hill:
My attempt at short children's novels. This will be a series of books based off of my anthro series (in the same world as Longfeather, but at a diferent time) relating to the adventures of some children characters that I've created years ago. Should be exciting! And so far, it has been a thrill to work on =) it flows almost twice as smoothly as any of the other stories I'm working on

Art:
Percy the Poinsettias:
Script writting for this has been rather slow. I've been trying to adjust my time schedule each day to get a better grip on this project. Once the script has been completed, I'll be sending it to Patsy for her approval, and then begins the rough sketches of each comic book page. I'm bound determined to have this piece completed by March of next year. Fingers are crossed!

Main Portfolio:
I've decided to revive my portfolio work, in hopes that I can eventually get a job using my creative art skills. Thanks to my sister's boyfriend I have my connections. Its just a matter of time before I start making a living designing board games. So far, there have only been three sample pieces sent out to several companies. I feel I need to braden the quantity of images to better my chances.

That's all for now.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Sounds like things are going well, good luck and I hope it continues.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 It looks like you are keeping yourself quite busy, I hope you'll have success with all of your projects, keep it up! :DD .