The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Why does no 1 else...

Guest · 10 · 1758

Bruton the Iguanodon

When Petrie is seemingly dead why is no one sle besides Ducky crying? And when he comes back why is she the onlyone whose reaction is shown, or who even runs to him?  :huh:

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
That part was cut out. From what I recall, the scene was extended and the others do look back and see that he's okay. But for some reason this was cut out, so we only see Ducky reacting to him having survived.

Bruton the Iguanodon

Were the filmmaker just trying to torture us fans by cutting the film down so that it can be critizied?!  :anger

I seriously hope we can find the extended cut. Aremembers on here still looking?

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Somewhere on this board, someone posted up a still of the extended scene where you see Littlefoot and the others looking back when Ducky's holding Petrie (they're offscreen).

As for why it was cut, I haven't a clue. Some scenes were cut because they were too scary, but this scene had no reason to be cut. It couldn't be to save time; the movie was short enough as it was.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Could it possibly be because they were running low on money? I don't really know about the production, but that seems like a reasonable explanation. They might have been running past their budget, and were forced by the execs to cut out some unfinished scenes, so no more money would be spent (wasted :p) on production.

DOes that sound like a possibility?
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
Because it was cuter with Ducky =P .
You can see that everyone else IS sad, but with Ducky...well, it was to hit everyone's "awwwwww! " button. Plus, between everyone coming to see that Petrie was okay to Littlefoot talking to his "mother", it would not have flowed very nicely.

Bruton the Iguanodon

Littlefoot talking to his mother was originally supposed to come after the fight with Cera; you can see it's obviously not supposed to be here---I mean, doesn't it seem odd that he's suddenly so sad and defeated? This should be a moment where the viewer truly feels sorry for poor Littlefoot, not a "If it makes you happy, why the hell are you so sad?" moment.

(Fingers crossed for the full version of the film with the scene in it's correct place!   :smile )

Bruton the Iguanodon

Because it was cuter with Ducky =P .

That's no excuse not to show everyone else coming over.

By the way, why was no one else crying? As a result Spike didn't cry until the 7th film...by which time it seemed sure he was incapable of crying. Which made it a big shock.

I mean, Cera cried earlier on after feeling bad about abandoning her friends...but she doesn't when one of them apparently dies!?  

No matter what reason, it was simply wrong for them to cut the others reactions. It would have been a heartwarming momet between the whole gang, but instead they turned it into a Ducky and Petrie moment---and don't get me wrong, I like those moments. But here, it really should have been what they originally had.

I pray we'll find our "great valley" someday. Does anyone here see it with their hearts?

Almaron

• Spike
    • View Profile
I think it's probably to do with the way they recut the film's ending, and the fact that Littlefoot hadn't found the Great Valley by the time they beat Sharptooth. With the present ending we're supposed to - and arguably do - assume that the others kept on walking after they thought Petrie dead (save for Ducky, who found him and then carried him after the others), and Littlefoot ended up walking further ahead than everyone else; finding the Great Valley.

It's likely that in the original cut, after Petrie is revealed to be alive and Ducky carries him, the others turned around and had a happy moment, before Littlefoot led them to the Great Valley - there is alternate music for this scene on this soundtrack; it's quite different and also kind of short. This scene obviously wouldn't work with the new ending - one minute they'd be together as a group and happy, the next Littlefoot would be alone on a rock with the ghost of his mother - so it got cut.

By the way, why was no one else crying? As a result Spike didn't cry until the 7th film...by which time it seemed sure he was incapable of crying. Which made it a big shock.

Don't they all have really sad expressions on their faces? I got the impression that they were all trying NOT to cry, with Ducky, the youngest emotionally, not being able to hold it in. Besides, they did all turn away, hiding their faces, what's to say they weren't hiding tears?

Bruton the Iguanodon

Don't they all have really sad expressions on their faces? I got the impression that they were all trying NOT to cry, with Ducky, the youngest emotionally, not being able to hold it in.

Ducky was indeed very weepy in the earlier films, but by 3 she had stopped suddenly. Not even in 4, when hearing that Littlefoot's Grandpa is dying, does she cry. Brave girl.  :exactly

And then, when 5 rolled around, she was back to crying.  <_<  She cried twice in 5.

Besides, they did all turn away, hiding their faces, what's to say they weren't hiding tears?

I am.  :)

Just kidding!  :lol  I dunno, actually.