The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

You will never believe this.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
You will never believe what this jerk posted, and he expects us to believe he's a teacher!  :lol:  Anyway, I thought I'd post this for a good laugh, as this cannot be taken seriously be any stretch of the imagination.

Dinofilms
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
I've read those before and I thought it was a load of rubbish (putting it nicely). I just laughed coz this "person" (sarcastic tone there), obviously doesnt have a clue! PMSL! Considering Malte's topic on Prejudices in the After Midnight section, this is exactly the sort of thing that normally would hack me off but this was just comical at the stupidity and blindness of this "individual".

Some people...

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
For some reason the page doesn't show up for me. I think though that I know the page. If my assumption is correct I assume it is that page with "reviews" on the LBT sequels with statements such as "whom must we kill?" (in order to prevent new sequels from being produced) right?
If we are talking about the same page I can assure you that it exists for quite a while already and has several times been updated to include flaming against newer sequels. It is strange, I think, that while this guy apparently loathes LBT he still seems to continue to watch the sequels just to flame about it. Very weird behaviour indeed.  :huh:

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
This guy's "review" seems very familiar to that of another guy's "review" of dinosaur movies.  They both refer to the Great Valley as "Death", and the other guy refers the Mysterious Beyond as "Hell".

I'd be shocked if either one of these nutjobs have children...

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Yes, its the same review, Malte.

The sad thing is, there ar epeople who like to be mad and will do things just to make anger an emotion they feel. Sad and strange, I know.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Oh, that page is old news.  Yeah, some are like that....just doing things for attention, and they know people will read it for a laugh because its ridiculous.  He got you to open his page didn't he?

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Well, we cannot stop people from making such statement, and quite frankly I wouldn't gag them even if I could.
Sir, I do not share your views, but I would risk my life for your right to express them.
[Voltaire]
That's the way democracy works. Everybody has the right to speak his or her mind, yet no one is obliged to listen to them. So let's make use of that second right, ignore that person and keep in mind that anyone who will take the comments on that page to heart is not likely to have any real interest in LBT anyway.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Actually, that's how a Republic works, a Democracy is a glorified form of communism.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I do not see the connection between democracy and communism except for their shared fate of being never totally realized in their desired forms.
Democracy (indirect democracy in a modern definition) refers to the right of people (meaning all inhabitants of a country) to choose their own government with each citizen having just no more or less than one vote. The right to express the own thoughts freely, is not by definition attached to democracy and yet it was an important element of democracies in the modern age.
Communism on the other hand refers more to economical aspects of running a country and requires all the means of production to be public (or rather state owned possession).
I do not see any communist tendencies in any modern democracy (on the contrary, I rather see a threat from a perverted form of capitalism). But I would be interested in your opinion about it and in which modern democracies you see communist structures.
Republik then again is somewhat similar to democracy with the head of government being elected rather than having the right to rule by birth (as in monarchies). However, while nowadays a monarchy may well be democratic (e.g. Great Britain) a republic has definitely only an elected leader. Other than that the difference between both is somewhat blurred and I would be happy about more information on this. Also the word democracy is being used somewhat carelessly nowadays and begins to include economical and cultural aspects which originally have nothing to do with the term.
Anyway, I'd be happy about a discussion on this in the after midnight forum. Please tell me why you think that democracy is a glorified form of communism Drew.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
That jerk!  That idiot should be shot or hanged.  Better yet, tortured and then hanged.  I can't belive that tastless idiot.   Where do jerks like that come from? LBT is a great movie!  Some people don't seem to agree though.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That idiot should be shot or hanged. Better yet, tortured and then hanged.
I don't think Voltaire would have agreed and neither do I. I do not like what this person is saying and I do not like what many other people are saying, but would that give me or anyone the right to kill and torture? Quite frankly, your stand on this seems very, very scary to me.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Alright, I admitt I should not have said that.  I was just really ticked.  !) I was just kidding.  2) I would never kill anyone.  I am not really a violent person, I am just ticked at that person and normally wouldn't suggest violence.  I have no excuse and appologize for my inapproapiat use of wording there. Anyway, I didn;t really mean it but I still think the guy is a loser.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Well, pages like that are meant for one thing--a joke, and nothing more.  They're not made to bash anything.  Take it as a joke, not as an arrogant basher.  I've read many pages like that about films I like, and I admit, I laugh at them, because its meant to be a parody and not an accurate representation, or there's irony in it (character acting as they shouldn't, etc).

So have a laugh and move on.  :yes

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Well, I can't say I find those statements (e.g. "Who must we kill?") very funny, even if it wasn't for my favor of land before time. Then again, nobody is forced to read it and with statements such as the one mentioned about the author rids himself of any seriousness. I don't laugh but shrug at it.

Weather_lord_7

• Petrie
    • View Profile
The sad thing is, there ar epeople who like to be mad and will do things just to make anger an emotion they feel. Sad and strange, I know.

You mean like this guy?

He calls himself a teacher?!  :blink:

I certainly wouldn't want that guy as a teacher, or else he'd go home with a dent in his forehead!  :angry:

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
The saddest thing is that he actually watched the original movie and the sequels  :D
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
We all know this guy is a complete dumbwad.  It has been stated time and time again.  It has also been recomended that we just ignore him and deprive him of the attention he seeks. ;)

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
I have seen that before also. I honestly can't tell if those are serious reviews or simply anger directed at films targeted towards "a yonger audience". Weird it is, either way. :D

Lain_EX

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Who does he think he is? The Angry Dino Movie Nerd? Oh, my... :o *faints*

TheNumberOneShmuck

• Spike
    • View Profile
Well, though the guy was clearly being an ass just for the sake of pissing off anyone who watches the films, I gotta say, that was pretty lulz-o-rific.

But he's got NOTHING on Maddox. Maddox is eternal God and win.