The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

You will never believe this.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Wow.  That was some load of crap.  Some things made me laugh though.  One that really made me laugh was this one:

The loud brat dinosaurs find an egg and decide not to eat it.

I don't know why. :rolleyes:

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Ya know at first I was a little curious to see what had everyone who had seen this topic in an uproar...but now I can't stop laughing for two reasons...

1. The person who made that page actually took time out of their lives to do it and UPDATE it on the current movies...

and

2. Anyone who sympithises with someone like him obviously never had a real childhood, or at least any good early bithdays...

Now don't get me wrong I know that there are plently of people out there who either don't know what LBT is, or when you ask them they simply don't care, but I think anyone who can sit at a computer and take up valuable time, energy and resourses to bash an enitre film collection........well let's just say I hope they never become a childs film critic... otherwise Disney and Universal are in trouble :lol

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Who in their right mind brings "Death" and "Hell" into a children's movie? Honestly, that's just plain wrong.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
This is infuriating, but anyone can make a website. :rolleyes: There's nothing we can do about it.  It's not like it's a popular site or anything. -_-

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Thank God this is only an opinion. Honestly, bringing religious references into a children's movie about dinosaurs is messed up.

Tails_155

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://xerofocusstudios.com/forums/portal.php
I read this like Uncyclopedia, taking the opposite of its value :p some of it's funny, read the length for 7 and 8

not to mention it has good word choice XD

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
It's so blatently bad it's hilarious.

I think it might be a joke (a crude one, but a joke none the less).

But seriously, who brings religion into a children's movie?

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

ArtemisPanthar

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://artemispanthar.deviantart.com
But seriously, who brings religion into a children's movie?

Erm, Don Bluth. "All Dogs Go to Heaven" (one of my all time favorites) has death, heaven, AND hell in it =D There you go.
Also, I guess "Prince of Egypt" was a childrens movie...

In anycase, I'm not against people have opinions and I know a lot of people dislike these kinds of movies. What bothers me, though, is that the reviews are too angry to be considered serious reviews, and too short to provide any real comedy. I've read a lot of mocking reviews of movies/TV (on i-mockery.com and televisionwithoutpity.com), where even if I love the show/movie the reviews are too hilarious to take any offense too. These reviews are just too lacking to provide amusement =\ they're lazy, in my opinion. Oh well...

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I'd seen that review before; I was googling "Great Valley Heaven" in the hopes of finding some more information on that theory, and his was the second link. Suffice to say it wasn't quite what I had in mind!

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Oh, god!  I read it again and I still find it very funny.  My favorite line is still:

The loud brat dinosaurs find an egg and decide not to eat it.

OMG!  That is so funny! :lol Wow.  That whole website just makes me laugh every time! :lol:

I've never heard anything more funny about LBT in my life.  I wanna read what he has to say about 12 and 13.  Tv episdes would be better though. :lol

This line is my second favorite:

Littlefoot and the other brat dinos waddle off in search of another source. They sing songs, god help us.

Mornai

• Petrie
    • View Profile
These Reviews DO have one for 12 and 13, and they are the same as the first guy <_< . I just hate it when people write these things! It makes me just want to hunt them down and beat them repeatedly, but that is the anger side of me. In my opinion, i think they just want to make these reviews to anger the true fans of LBT. Every time i find one of these, i can't resist to post a comment about it and give the author my thoughts about it. (a.k.a. being seriously mean to him/her.) I know everyone has their own opinions, but this is one of the things i can't stand no matter what i do. :angry:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Not everyone can like the same thing.  It's perhaps best to avoid such websites for some.

Mornai

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I can understand if they don't like it. But making reviews and basically disgracing LBT is an outrage. It makes me sad that people in this world would do such a thing. :cry2

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I wonder if they even watch the movie.  They may only take the plot from the description, maybe watch clips of the add, or watch only bits of the movie.   THough like I said not everyone can like everything.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
This one really made me laugh.  I thought the same thing when I saw the cover of LBT 12 (not the part about Guido being shot though)

Wow, just look at all these motherfucking dinosaurs. If you saw these things in person, which one would you punch first?

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I read this a while back.  Honestly, for being an instructor (if I'm correct on his career choice), he must not have a busy schedule to be coming up with such crap like this.  The only reason any of it is funny is because it's so stupid!  I have nothing against religious or spiritual themes in animated movies.  Hunchback of Notre Dame is a fine example.  In the case of LBT, I have nothing against the level of supernatural phenomena expressed in the series.  There is no specific religion focused on, nor is it too preachy.  But this SOB is a quack of an educator, or might I politely put it, degenerator of human intelligence!  People like him wonder why they end up getting their a**** kicked!

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Looking at it in a more humorous light is a more positive angle, or ignoring it, then letting it get you angry.   Just pretend it's someone like the Angry Video Game Nerd, but he hates everything, not just bad games.

Vilstrup

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/~vilstrup
Call him a jerk, yeah, but looks like he almost lost his mind at the last film. Couldn't spell, or say anything usefull. Made me laugh more, then getting anoyed.
However, he must be an odd person after my oppinion.
I do hope, he did lose his sanity in the end :)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Maybe he did.   :lol

Maybe he is in a padded cell in a straight jacket now.    Doing the Wendle, as a friend of mine would say.  

Not sure how the name is spelled.