The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Definitely! Great exercise and a chance to immerse yourself in nature and break free from the rat race for a while. When I was younger, my dad would take me and my little brother deep into the Sierras for weeks on end. It's kinda weird to think he's now too old to do hikes that anymore, he always loved them.

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Would you boycott a CGI version of Land Before Time?

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Whoof. Man, that's a tough call. I really hope that wouldn't come to pass, but I wouldn't be able to resist seeing the final product, kinda like how I had to go see the live action Lion King just for the uncanny fascination of it.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I have! I've seen the first 4 Jurassic Park's, and while nothing can compare to the original, they are guilty pleasures for me. I'm kinda suprised I never went to see 5 and 6, they didn't get good reviews but it's unlikely they're going to fail at the reasons I go see Jurassic Park films. I should really do that at some point.

My favorite character from Lost World was Nick because we share the same name, plus I can't believe he survived, homie had no plot relevance or reason to escape the island whtsoever, and he's like the only protagonist character from any of the movies I can think of with that distinction.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) on September 29, 2023, 07:18:02 PM
Quote from: aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) on September 29, 2023, 07:18:02 PM
Whoof. Man, that's a tough call. I really hope that wouldn't come to pass, but I wouldn't be able to resist seeing the final product, kinda like how I had to go see the live action Lion King just for the uncanny fascination of it.
I still haven't seen the lion king remake. I'm almost surprised by how well I've managed to stay away from it and forget it exists haha.

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I actually never really watched it back in its heyday, my parents didn't allow TV when I was a kid and it had already kinda slipped off the public zeitgeist by the time I went to college. I can absolutely respect what the show's accomplished and how world-famous the five family members are, but I don't know as much about the show as most people. I've certainly seen a few episodes here and there though, over the course of my life

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
What did you think of Aaron Spann's voice as Littlefoot in The Land Before Time XI: Invasion Of The Tinysauruses?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2023, 03:55:01 PM by Enchanted-Valley96 »

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Can't say I have any strong opinions on it. Was that the one where everyone thought the VO was too old for the part? I just watched some clips on YouTube and tbh he sounded fine to me

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
No! I just wanted to hear your take on his voice after Thomas Dekker and Alec Medlock.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Ah, fair enough! Yeah I think he did a fine job

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Have you ever read something so stupid that you lost faith in Humanity?

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Pretty much anytime someone sends me something on Twitter and I make the mistake of scrolling down to the replies, tbh

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Have you heard the Land Before Time TV Series song "Oopsies"?

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Yup, I've seen the whole TV Show! It didn't have a huge impact on me, in general I find the songs pretty poorly written, and only a few episodes really stood out from the chaff.

Update: Holy crap, "Oops-Eeps" was from a TV episode? I thought it was from one of the movies, and then the show just repurposed it like they did to "Adventuring" and "Lone Dinosaur". Regardless, I'd consider the song middling at best, it's not terribly great to listen to but it's not offensively bad. The fact that I misremembered it as a movie song (Which are usually far-better written) is honestly a massive plus point in it's favor I didn't expect, haha
« Last Edit: November 05, 2023, 01:06:04 AM by aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) »

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
What did you think of Meghan Strange as the voice of Tricia?

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I thought she did great! Was also nice to have another important family character, after pretty much nothing but Topsy and a handful of nameless parents for however-many movies. Glad she stuck around after her inaugural movie.

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
What do you think of the Winnie the Pooh franchise?