The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Tales series (all)

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Discuss anything about the "Tales" series here. I don't expect this topic to get a lot of action, since its more a cult thing, but, well, here's hoping.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

TheNumberOneShmuck

• Spike
    • View Profile
Well, I've only played Tales of Symphonia, but I can honestly say it's one of the best games I've ever played. I eagerly await ToS: Knight of Ratatosk.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Thus far, I've played Symphonia, Phantasia, and the Abyss. Eh, Symphonia is, by far, the best of the series. The hero, Lloyd irving, is just so endearing! In some ways, he has a personality kind of like an older Littlefoot.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Sky

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://hakunaro.deviantart.com
I only played Eternia for the PSP. But it was good.
I heard that Symphonia is a really good game.

I wanted to buy it but I can't find it in stores anymore.  -_-
Well, I guess I have to wait for ToS - KoR for the Wii.  :D

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
I would not advise that. More than likely, if you want to understand anything about ToS: Knights of (some word I can't spell), you'll have to get ToS, so keep trying. The game's good enough that it'll be worth digging to China to get it. Believe me. Options, options, options, are what you get out of ToS. You can (literally) advance your characters ina ny directions you want, and there are countless paths to talk throughout the game before you reach the end, guaranteed to keep you coming back for another runthrough every time.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I dunno about you guys, but Tales of Symphonia was the Bomb!  The multi player rocked, and besides... Kratos rules All.
My Fav. Playables (In order, with comments)

Kratos/Zelos (Hack-n-heal, What more do you need?)
Regal (Ok, but no projectile that had good range)
Sheena (Just kinda fun, liked summoning stuff)
Lloyd (Usually mom would use him.  Good for hitting things, eh? Lacks healing ability)
Presea (Heavy hitter, but too slow for me.)
Colette (Interesting.  I could not hit anything with her attacks...)
Raine (Can't do squat in meele range)
Genis (Same as above, and doesn't have healing ability.)

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
I could never get used to playing as Kratos or Zelos, myself. I always found Lloyd the easiest to playu with, with or without healing abilities, because his moves just flow so smoothly. Its easy enough just to get a "First Aid" or "Healing Circle" from Raine, anyway.

From the writing perspective, I just loved all nine of the playables. They were larger than life, man!  :lol:

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hear ye, hear ye. New trailer for Tales of Symphonia 2: Knights of Ratatosk available.

I'm passing up on this pathetic game. They made Lloyd look like the villain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=388C0j6A0RA

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
ToS is by far the best game in the series.

Some of you may know this, but for those of you who didn't, Loyd Irving is a playable character in the new Wii game:

Soul Calibur Legends

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Yeah, I knew that. Heh, heh, he was really hard to beat, paired with the fact that I questioned wanting to beat him. I hate how they made him sound like Fry from Futurama.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
OMG Necropost!
Have any of y'all played Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology?

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Yep, and I hated it. Kratos should not be the head of an underground movement. That's Lloyd's job.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Yeah, except that Lloyd has the tactical knowledge of a 5-year-old.  Kratos at least thinks thing through more than "hit it until it stops moving"

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Yeah, except that Kratos's "tactics" never worked in the original Tales of Symphonia, and out of him, Yuan, and Lloyd, the latter is one who saved the world.

Its not like Lloyd was doing it alone. He worked with a crew and consulted them constantly. What we see in this game is a flanderized version of him. He grew out of what's presented in 'World'.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Yeah.  Mostly due to sheer dumb luck.  At least in this one, Kratos actually succeeds in his plans.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Only thanks to the player character, and it was more than dumb luck that Lloyd succeeded. For one thing, Lloyd actually had quite a few good plans.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Most of which tended to blow up spectacularly.  Admittedly, by Dawn of the New World, he's smartened up, but he's about the second least successful planner of all of the Tales games.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Someone seriously needs to replay the first game. Lloyd is not the idiot you're taking him for.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Never called him an idiot.  Just saying he's too much of a hothead to actually think a plan all the way through before jumping in.