The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Death of Littlefoot's mother

Guest · 4 · 1609

Kron the Iguanadon

This scene is so beautiful and so sad at the same time. It would make a grown man cry, it's that tearjerking. So I'm gonna "grade" it's atmosphere, length, acting, music, dialogue and how it was shot. Here goes...

Atmosphere: My god...the darkness, the rain, the lightning...this scene simply could not have been accomplished otherwise. 5 out of 5.

Length: It totals just uunder 2 minutes. I like long death scenes because they really bring out the tears. If this scene had been longer it would have been more effective. 2 out of 5, sorry.

Acting: Perfect. Damon and Shaver voiced these lines perfectly. 5 out of 5.

Music. Breathtaking...can James Horner do no wrong? 5 out of 5.

Dialogue: Perfect...except "Let you heart Guide you. It whispers...so listen closely" isn't exactly what I would have chose for her last words... 4out of 5.

How it was shot: Unfortunately this one was a disapointment. They ruined the ending by having it pan out so that during the climax of this scene all you saw were the outlines of the characters against the dakrness. You didn't even know she had died until Littlefoot didn't get a response. I think it should have stayed close up right until when she died, and then when littlefoot said "Mother?" it should have faded offf into the distance...it continues the fade off long enough after that.
3 out of 5.

I gotta go. Post your own grades on this scene, please

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I don't really have a desire to grade this scene. I don't really give grades to individual scenes to a movie.

As for this scene, I do like pretty much every aspect of it. There isn't really anything I personally would have changed.

PanickyPetrie14

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.furaffinity.net/user/dozyslumbers
I'm not that good about grading scenes in movies, but at least i'll try. And I'll just use your grading style. :smile Here goes!

Atmosphere: Rain and lightning just blends in the scene, it's a great choice for the atmosphere of that scene. Also with the dim light in the place makes it more emotional to viewers. 5/5

Length: 2 minutes and 33 seconds exactly. It's kinda short for a sad and tragic scene, most tragic scenes should be around 4 minutes and up (i think) If the scene was longer, Littlefoot would have a chance to talk to his mother longer, before passing away. 2.5/5

Acting: It's perfect, they did it really great that you can feel the emotion of Littlefoot when he was talking to his mother. 5/5

Music: "Whispering Winds" (The name of the music) oh come on! I love the music in that scene! It perfectly blended with the scene. It also made the emotions stronger. Yeah, that explains most people cry on this scene. I almost did cry on that scene. 5/5 (I actually wanted to make it 6/5 :lol )

Dialogue: His mother was giving him the inspiration to find the Great Valley, and also was giving him inspiration that she will always be with him, even though if he can't see her anymore. I'd say the dialogue is perfect. However, for the last line which is "Let you heart Guide you. It whispers...so listen closely" That really shouldn't be the last words.  It should be something that is really meaningful to Littlefoot. And like I said in the "Length" part, it should be longer, that means if it was longer then there will be a much better line as for her last words. 4.5/5

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Oh, I love that scene... the atmosphere is just perfect as pointed out already, same goes to the voice acting... no room for improvement because it's extremely well done :yes
The length is fine as well, really... what else should they have said? (It would've been cut out anyway... probably :p).
The dialogue is really good, too. I wasn't bugged by the last sentence.. What's wrong with 'Let your heart guide you'?
Finally, the music... It's a true masterpiece and the actual reason as for why LF's Mother's death is as emotional as it is.
Inactive, probably forever.