The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

What happened to Cera's mother and sisters?

Saft · 65 · 17582

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Malte279:

In the Lion King musical the immediate cause for Nala to run off from pride's rock is Scars trying to take her for his wife. I have no idea however if there were any cut scenes from the movie or if that scene was entirely the invention of the musical. In any case it would make Nala's being Scar's daughter unlikely... I hope

True.  

But if memory recalls, The Lion King on Broadway (although fabulous in costume, scenery, music and overall) wasn't actually written by those who did the original movie.  After all, they did need a reason to show WHY Nala left Priderock and that isn't shown in the animated movie.  

It had been questioned recently if even Littlefoot told the others about the death of his mother throughout the first movie (personally I suppose he must have), if there are such doubts about him than I suppose Cera is even less likely to talk about it. Not to talk about it to others does not mean absence of emotion however. I don't think we ever saw Cera cry in front of the others, but we did see her cry.

I thought in the original movie, that Littlefoot HAD mentioned his Mother's death to Ducky (atleast).  When Petrie rips the tree star, Ducky says:

"It is very special, very.  His mother gave it to him.  She did'.

I just presumed that meant that Littlefoot atleast had told Ducky.  Also in the fifth sequel during 'Always there' (off topic, one of my favourite songs) Littlefoot mentions his mother.  

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
"It is very special, very. His mother gave it to him. She did'.
That's exactly what Ducky says and it need not necessarily mean that he told her about his mothers death. Nevertheless I absolutely share your view that Littlefoot would not have kept this as a secret. He mentioned that he meant to find his grandparents in the Great Valley which would almost inevitably provoke the question about his parents.
The fifth movie leaves really no doubt that he had told them by that time and I do not see any reason why he would have waited till then.

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Perhaps I misunderstood what Ducky said.  I apologise Malte.  

As to Cera not sharing her emotions, I agree that she would not.  After all she doesn't cry in front of the others.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I do not think you misunderstood it. I perfectly agree with you, but it is not a statement that left no doubt whatsoever, therefore those in favor of the view that Littlefoot kept his mother's death a secret throughout the original movie (the main motivation for this view is to let Cera appear in a less negative light for offending Littlefoot's mother) would not have to accept it as proof.
Again however I think Littlefoot would have told them, but they did not include a scene in the movie that was not necessary from the point of view of the audience.
I dug up one of our older threads about Cera's mum. I'm positive there are many more threads in which she is mentioned, but I don't think there is another one in which she makes the headline.

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I think Littlefoot told only those who he 'trusted' in the original movie.  After all, he and Cera were fighting and disliked one another.  

Thank you for the old thread.  The theories are very helpful.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
^Not so sure about Littlefoot. I think in the first movie he was just to sanguine to outrightly dislike Cera, excepting throughout the real quarrel. His helping her to some food without claiming credit. His attempts to be friends with her even after he got to know her rough shell and his embracing her when she joined them in the footprint... I really think Littlefoot did not make so much of a difference between his attitude towards her and the others (and if he told Ducky it is not likely that anything would have remained much of a secret :lol).

Littlefoot3897

• Spike
    • View Profile
I think Cera mom died or something after the 1st movie because when Cera reunites with her father you can see another threehorn next to Topsy and Cera. It could be her mother?  :unsure:

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
It would be a real Shocker to know that they are still alive and they show themselves in the 14th Movie

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
They could have been separated from Cera and her dad and never made it to the Great Valley.  Maybe they found another place to live, or joined a herd of threehorns that may never go to the Great Valley.

Zenoah

• Spike
    • View Profile
Well se know that Cera thinks they're still alive when she meets Littlefoot at the gorge, saying something like "Im looking for my family, they're on the other side." and "When I find my sisters I wont be alone!"

So we at least know that Cera thinks they are alive, or knows it for a fact.

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Zenoah,Feb 27 2009 on  12:01 AM
Well se know that Cera thinks they're still alive when she meets Littlefoot at the gorge, saying something like "Im looking for my family, they're on the other side." and "When I find my sisters I wont be alone!"

So we at least know that Cera thinks they are alive, or knows it for a fact.
That was only said during the First Movie now from Movie 11 and 12 she only wanted to be was to have a close relationship with her Dad.

:bang I don't know whats going on; this is a Mega Plot Twist, the animators are really confusing all of us concerning Cera's siblings and her Original Mother.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I think they perished and moved on to greener pastures :cry.  If Cera even felt they were still alive by LBT XI, would she not be upset at her father for not "waiting" for them to reunite?  If Mr. Threehorn himself had any feeling they were still alive, certainly he'd be putting effort into finding them.  I have a feeling that, although it is not shown in the series, Mr. Threehorn knows what happened to them and has told Cera.  It seems like Cera's jealousy towards Tria in LBT XI and her anxiety over the thought of becoming an older sister in LBT XII could stem from fear of loss.  Her father is what's left of her original family, and she most likely fears losing him too :(.  Also, the reason she most likely never mentions them is 'cuz it is painful to think about.  I dunno, those are just my thoughts on this matter.

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Cancerian Tiger,Feb 28 2009 on  12:59 AM
I think they perished and moved on to greener pastures :cry.  If Cera even felt they were still alive by LBT XI, would she not be upset at her father for not "waiting" for them to reunite?  If Mr. Threehorn himself had any feeling they were still alive, certainly he'd be putting effort into finding them.  I have a feeling that, although it is not shown in the series, Mr. Threehorn knows what happened to them and has told Cera.  It seems like Cera's jealousy towards Tria in LBT XI and her anxiety over the thought of becoming an older sister in LBT XII could stem from fear of loss.  Her father is what's left of her original family, and she most likely fears losing him too :(.  Also, the reason she most likely never mentions them is 'cuz it is painful to think about.  I dunno, those are just my thoughts on this matter.
You know to tell you the truth...I believe your opinion was exactly what happen between Movie 11 and 12.  Tricia came into the world for a reason to; to make cera realize something (tricia didn't had a mission or anything) but her appearance changed cera pretty much.

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yes that is true.  If Topsy had felt that his first mate were alive then he would have gone to find them.  

But after all, the original movie and the movie series weren't made by the same people.  

So like the Lion King 2:Simba's Pride before us, there are some plot holes that we avid fans can try to fill with our ideas.

You know to tell you the truth...I believe your opinion was exactly what happen between Movie 11 and 12. Tricia came into the world for a reason to; to make cera realize something (tricia didn't had a mission or anything) but her appearance changed cera pretty much.

Maybe I should see the movie eleven or twelve but what do you mean by Tricia's appearance changing Cera?  Please don't tell me that Cera has gone very nice now?

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Saft,Mar 4 2009 on  05:18 PM
what do you mean by Tricia's appearance changing Cera?  Please don't tell me that Cera has gone very nice now?
She hasn't changed completely but what i'm saying is with the appearance of Tria and Tricia her behavior is quiet different from the other movies she was in.  Also she was able to open up to her friends about certain issues a few times.

AnimeLover

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Cera Had A Mother In The Land Before Time XI Invasion Of The Tinysauruses. But I Don't Know Where Cera's Sisters Are.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That was not Cera's mother but Tria. She became the new partner of Cera's Dad, but she is not her mother.

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Apr 2 2009 on  03:47 PM
That was not Cera's mother but Tria. She became the new partner of Cera's Dad, but she is not her mother.
Yeah came out of nowhere but shes doing topsey and Cera a favor.

dino-doug

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I did see her mother and father on the other side of the gorge after the earth-quake happened. I only saw Cera meet up with her dad at the end. The sequels completely ignore her mother and sisters. So, what happened?