The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Herd

Raptor · 22 · 4558

Raptor

• Ducky
    • View Profile
In this RPG, the Dinosaurs do not have to be from one period in particular. In this, the Dinosaurs should act like they do in Walking with Dinosaurs, or Jurassic Park. Dinosaurs can warn eachother, but they can't have converstions.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The herd moves slowly and gracefully across the plain as the sun sets. A little dome-headed dinosaur, a young Stygoceras, scampers in-between the legs of the larger herbivores. Suddenly, the Stygoceras, Sveed, hears some comotion on the outskirts of the herd. I, a huge Tyrannosaurus rex, am attacking. I snap down on the neck of a Camerasaurus, crushing it. I drop the large herbivore to the ground and feast. Sveed squeaks in fear and hops away.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'll be the same characters that I am in the LBT role play game, Snork and Strafe.

Raptor

• Ducky
    • View Profile
(Okey-dokey)

Sveed scampers along and dosn't stop until he knows he's in the center of the herd, were he'll be the most safe. Meanwhile, I feast on my kill with glee, relishing the tast of fresh meat.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Just then, a  parasaurolophus and an iguanodon happened upon the site.
Snork said, "Strafe, lets just back away and go around.  I'm sure he is (gulp) full."
The iguanodon replied, "I agree.  Maybe he hasn't seen us yet."

Raptor

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Just then, Sveed's brother, Svaad, accedently runs right into Snork's leg. Meanwhile, I rip through my kill and swallow the last bit of meat.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Snork was startled and cried out.  
He said, "Oh crud!  I think the sharptooth heard me.  Stand back, both of you."

Raptor

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Svaad jumps backwards. Meanwhile, I raise my head momentarily and look at the herbivores. Ignoring them, I walk back into the forest. Meanwhile, Sveed searches for his brother.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Strafe said, "He is gone now.  Lets rejoin the group now."

Raptor

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Svaad chirps and runs back to the herd, where he is reunited with his brother, Sveed.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
That night, Snork and Strafe were discussing what they were going to do when they reached the Great Valley.  
Strafe said, "I hope I find more of my kind there.  I'd like to start a new family.  Just stat a new life.  Although I'll never forget my old family."
Snork replied, "I guess so too.  I'm sure you will find a mate.  You are very charming and beautiful. I'd like to start a family too."

Raptor

• Ducky
    • View Profile
(Uh, the Great Valley dosn't exist in this RPG. This RPG is not an LBT RPG. There can be an area like a safe nesting site or something, but no Great Valley.)

Sveed squeaks to Svaad, and Sveed squeaks back. They are conversing about the Tyrannosaur attack. Meanwhile, in the forest, some nasty nocturnal predators start to awake. A Triceratops nestling wanders out side the herd. In the attack, it was seperated from it's parents. It squeals in fear when it hears some rustleing in the forest. Suddenly, a blur explodes from the forest and snatches the baby. It's screams of fear are muffled by the jaws of it's killer, a Ceratosaurus named Demon.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
(oops, :huh:  I wasn't aware of that, sorry)

Snork said, "Strafe, I'm going for a midnight snack.  I'll be back in a little while."
The iguanodon replied, "I don't think the forest is any safer than out here. Atleast here, we are with the rest of the herd."
Snork said, "I'll just go alone then.  Stay here if you'd like."
Strafe said, "Alright, but don't take too long.  There are some mean things in the forest at night."
Snork went into the forest looking for something to eat.  He found a tree covered with nice, juicy fruite.  He picked one and bit into it.  It was so good and juicy.
Snork said to himself, "I think I'll take some of these back for Strafe.  She'd like these."

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
(uh oh.  I just realized our characters aren't supposed to talk. :o Can mine still just interact with each other?  They won't talk to other characters.)

Raptor

• Ducky
    • View Profile
(Yeah, they can interact.)

Demon spots a Parasauroluphus heading to the main herd. He begins to sailvat with hunger as he creeps up on the crested herbivore.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Snork was looking at the fruit and found one that was rotten.
He tossed it over his shoulder and it splattered on the ground.  Then, he happened to turn to see where it landed and saw the preditor following him.
He thought, "Oh, brilliant!"

Raptor

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Demon roars and charges, his maw open, showing his glistening white teeth.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Snork chusked a piece of fruit at the hunter, spattering in his face and took off running.
He shouted, "Um, Strafe, I need help here!  Strafe!  Help!"
He got down on all fours so he could go faster.

Raptor

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Demon runs to the side into the foilage. Suddenly, the Ceratosaurus bursts out in front of the Para.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Snork, realizing it was too late to stop, ran head first into Demon, knocking him down.  He smacked the preditor in the face and got to his feet, ready to fight.

Raptor

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"Raaaaahhhaaaargggg!!" Demon roars. He slams Snork down and stand over him, prepearing to bite down. Then, an even louder roar echos through out the forest, as the sun begins to rise.