The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

No more uploading

Petrie. · 21 · 2620

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Right at the moment, I noticed we went over our allotment, so I'll start taking out some of our very old Caption Contests, but some things will have to go if we want to keep allowing uploads.  I never thought we'd go through 16MB, but we did.

If you have any topics with pictures that can be removed, post them here.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Update: I've got us below the amount, but the problem is deleting the topics will not delete any attached pictures.  :angry:  :angry:   So make sure you give me links to the topics, and even the name of the picture if possible.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
the "Bestest Friends" midi and sheet music topic in LBT Projects:
End_Credits004.mid
may be deleted.

"The Land Before Time" End Credits MIDI, in LBT Projects:
LBT_End_Credits_007.mid
may be deleted.  I'll post an update shortly.

Needing a break from slower songs, in LBT projects:
Adventuring.mid
may be deleted.  It's an old version.

I know my junk doesn't add up much, but I'll do what I can to help out.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Indeed...every bit helps.

And....if I get no input on this, uploading privledges are gone and you will all have to get your own image host.  Hate to do it, but we're out of space and there are no other options.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
The picture I posted in the Most frightening thing in the world thread recently can definitely be deleted (posted it just for fun). The photo of the 1989 Article can be taken out too (not too much to see for you anyway). The single picture Come on! Come on! Come on!
Come on! Come on! Come on! can also be deleted as I posted it again in the pictures of the Big Quarrel thread. Come to think of it, that entire thread with all it's pictures could be deleted just as well if space is needed. Just tell me if you are going to do that, because I would save some text from the thread before it can be deleted.
Most of my other pictures are linked I think.
There are many old threads on pictures which are not likely to be reanimated. It sure would be a great thing if those pictures could be brought up in the LBT gallery before they are going to be deleted (if necessary), alas I'm afraid we are not going to hear anything along that lines any time soon.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Malte, we can write as many messages as we want without penalty.  All the text can stay.  I'm saying we're out of space for all those uploads we do....the pictures namely are the culprit.  That's the only thing we ran out of room for.  Everything else is A-OK. ;)

I can't see anyone rushing forth willing to delete their art either.  If that's the case, then we're done with uploading privledges.  There is no gray area in this issue.  Those are the terms I'm bound to by the hosting company: 16mb of board uploads for free...I'm not trying to be mean here.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I think you can delete all the pictures in the "Favorite vidergame and why" thread that I posted.  Those are rea.  Cyberlizard posted a bunch of picturs in the phototography thread.  Perhaps some of them can be removed.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
I'll leave that up to him to decide.  If you want to constantly add photos to the photography topic, it might be better to just get an image host because those are some of the largest files we have (because who takes photos in a crappy resolution anyway).  :P:   Just a suggestion.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Ok, I've taken out everything everyone has suggested thus far.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Bit of an update:

As of yesterday, no members can upload anymore until we have disposed of at least half of the stuff we have accumulated.  I don't want any whining.  

You can do one of two things:

get your own image host,

OR

give me links to pages with stuff you've uploaded, that you don't mind if the pictures are deleted.

It's your choice people.  :^.^:

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I almost forgot:

in the Fanart Forum
the "Newborn Cera" topic, you may delete the file p6664206.png

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I don't really know if these count (Since I used the IMG tags) but you can delete the 2 pictures I posted of my pets here :)

[edit] Unless I can just do that by editing it hehe, if those do take any up any space O.o [/edit]

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Don't worry Littlefoot Fan :)
Image tags don't use up any space here. I deleted most of my pictures which are not tags (the Big Quarrel pictures being the main exception so far. If there is need I can delete them as well).

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Oh, hehe then why not everybody just use IMG tags :P: Sure they take up alot of room in the post but it's not that bad :lol:

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Oh, hehe then why not everybody just use IMG tags Sure they take up alot of room in the post but it's not that bad
It's because people are lazy :lol and not everyone has an image host set up already.  That, and not every uploaded file is an image.  I can't use IMG tags for midi files  :lol

I almost forgot:

in the Fanart Forum
the "Newborn Cera" topic, you may delete the file p6664206.png
It looks like Pokeplayer lost his avatar as a result.  He must have been using the same file name as his avatar pic.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hmm, odd.  I can see it on my home computer.  I couldn't see his avatar on my school computers, though I could see everyone else's.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Maybe he fixed it....he's been online today.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Once again, Pokeplayer's avatar has become the Big Red X of Doom, now even on my home computer.