The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

2009 GOF Awards coming soon...!

Petrie. · 108 · 7997

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
We're still working on them.  Voting will commence shortly!  Stay tuned.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
Awesome! :smile
Just curious though, how does the voting work?

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
theresd a list of awards and you pick the poster you think best deaserves the honor in each catergory. try and vote for as many of the awards as you can..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
i'm so excited! i hope i get nominated this year, not to influence anybody though :D

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Cool, I've never voted here before. Just wondering, do you guys have an exact date in mind?

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Just wondering, do you guys have an exact date in mind?
We don't have a date ready yet. It really is a lot of work to create all the drafts, or rather to pick out the screenshots which are suitable for the awards (the making of the draft itself is not so tricky ones one has a suitable image). I had hoped that perhaps some more images would be uploaded at Austin's place which could be used for the making of awards. Images of the movies 5, 8, 10, 11, 12, 13 and the TV series would be especially welcome as they have not or barely been used so far for awards.

Exact rules for the voting will be posted when the voting starts. There are a few rules which must be observed. For example it is not enough to just name a person and an award, but one also must write a couple of lines on why one thinks that the respective person deserves that award. Without those lines the vote doesn't count. There are some more rules, but they will be posted along with the list of awards (a few little changes are to come about the awards to be issued) when the voting session starts.

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I think this 2009 Awards won't be a Special one for me though but who knows I may get something but it not likely I can feel it.  I don't want to beat up myself because of this but I feel like I did something horrible can't figure out what it is but I just feel guilty.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Don't feel bad neo. I've never won an award from here, in 5 years of being here..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Nick22,Apr 28 2009 on  09:41 PM
Don't feel bad neo. I've never won an award from here, in 5 years of being here..
Thanks Nick I'll try be on the positive side of things.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
All I know is the nominees must have been members for at least one year by the voting date, unless the rules have changed.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Oh man!  I seriously can't wait for this to be ready.  I've got a few choices in mind already. ;)

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
All I know is the nominees must have been members for at least one year by the voting date, unless the rules have changed.
Nope, that rule never existed. It is one month and 100 posts that qualify anyone to vote.
In fact there was a "newby award" to be voted upon only for candidates who had been around for less than a year.
This year however the "newby award" is to be substituted by an "appreciated member award". We have had so many newbies last year with so many of them having become so integral part of the GOF already that hardly anyone would still perceive them as "newbys".
The "appreciated member award" is to be voted upon once all the other awards are issued. It is meant to be only for those who did not win any other award. There are many GOF members who don't outshine everyone within any of the fields the awards are assigned to, but who are very active members and without whom the GOF would just not exist. The "appreciated member award" is meant to be for them.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Apr 29 2009 on  09:52 AM
Nope, that rule never existed. It is one month and 100 posts that qualify anyone to vote.
In fact there was a "newby award" to be voted upon only for candidates who had been around for less than a year.
This year however the "newby award" is to be substituted by an "appreciated member award". We have had so many newbies last year with so many of them having become so integral part of the GOF already that hardly anyone would still perceive them as "newbys".
The "appreciated member award" is to be voted upon once all the other awards are issued. It is meant to be only for those who did not win any other award. There are many GOF members who don't outshine everyone within any of the fields the awards are assigned to, but who are very active members and without whom the GOF would just not exist. The "appreciated member award" is meant to be for them.
Ah.. That's a better award than the newbie one  :yes

I guess I'll try to vote this year. ;)

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I really hope I can vote, it would be my first time doing so.

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://gatewayisland.proboards.com
Interesting, I hope I'll be taking part. Doubt I'm into nominations, but it'll be interesting to see, nonetheless!

Vaan360

• Petrie
    • View Profile
It would also be my first time, lets see how it will be.

Clawandfang

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Hmm, I might try and vote for a few of the categories this time around, although I can be a little indecisive at times. Added to that fact that I've not been terribly active of late...hmm. I'll have a think.

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Will be my first time voting for nominations as well. I'll be sure to vote when the time alows it.  :yes
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The more participate the better :)
I really hope I can vote, it would be my first time doing so.
No doubt you are more than a month around and distinctly more than a 100 posts.
Hmm, I might try and vote for a few of the categories this time around, although I can be a little indecisive at times.
That's the tough part. Sometimes it is really extremely difficult to make up ones mind. However, as each award vote has to come with some explanatory lines (they are obligatory) one can also mention other members one had in mind for an award, even if one decides not to vote for them. That way one can still give credit to them and also remind everyone of what different members have done in the GOF throughout the last year.
To give an additional incentive to vote, only those who have cast their own votes may receive an award, even if they are voted for. If someone got most votes for an award but did not cast the own votes the award will go to the voter who got the most votes (even if they may be less than in case of someone who did not vote).
Anyway, the complete rules (and also the basic explanations on what each award is about) will be posted when the voting starts.

Thank you very much Kor for the link to your land before time screenshots which you sent me :)
Two of them have already been used in drafts for LBT awards by now.
Further screenshots for the purpose of creating awards are greatly appreciated. To be suited for an award screenshots mustn't have a character cut off on both edges. We try to use images which in some way relate to what the award is about. So far images from the movies 5, 8, 10, 11, 12, 13, and the TV series have rarely been used in awards. Any supplying of images to help creating the awards is greatly appreciated. :yes