The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Which moment(s)

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Well, Littlefoot's mother dying, and Ali's farewell are the two that stick in my mind at the moment.
 Nick
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
Yeah I agree with you there  :cry
bring tears to my eyes seeing Littlefoot's mother die

-Threehorn

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
The three momentous scenes I know were Littlefoot's hatching, his mother's death, and the little pterosaurs fighting over the berry.

Platvoet en zijn Vriendjes

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/landbeforetime
There are many moments in lbt for me, but the discovery of The Great Valley is having a great impact on me, including the music you here at that same time

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
I'm tempted to just say "the entire movie." Often I prefer longer movies, but one of the great things about Land Before Time is that there's no padding or filler. Nothing is wasted. Every scene feels meaningful. And the music. Even listening to just the music gets me emotional.

It's also darker and more somber than a lot of other children's animated films, even many of the ones you see to this day. It has a unique balance that you don't see too often. It has such a haunting quality to it; it's sad and scary and beautiful all at once. There's some good action scenes too, despite it not being an action movie, per say.

Another thing I noticed is, near the beginning when Littlefoot is wondering why he can't play with other dinosaurs, his mother tells him, "We all keep to our own kind. The threehorns, the spiketails, the swimmers, the flyers, we never do anything together." Notice she lists off the four other species of dinosaur who will in fact go on to become Littlefoot's closest friends. Throughout their adventure, it's shown that the kids all needed each other if they were going to pull through.

I grew attached to the characters so quickly. The entire journey is memorable; from the part where they pile up on top of each other to try and reach the green food, to when they go to sleep that night (especially the music), to when Littlefoot and Cera have their fight, to the trek through the volcanic wasteland. And then "I'M COMING!!!"; still one of my favourite moments of the entire series.

The topic of racism resonates with me, as I've dealt with (ex-)friends in the past who were prejudiced. It's sad to watch Littlefoot, a gentle and sweet kid, get so unfairly bullied just for being a longneck. Which makes it all the more uplifting at the end when the kids are able to overcome their parents' prejudices and become true companions. And of course that adorable group hug.

Lastly, the film has inspired me to want to check out Don Bluth's other movies. As with Land Before Time (before I joined the forum), many of Bluth's films I can remember from my childhood, but I haven't watched them now for a very long time. It'd be interesting to see them again all these years later. But I'll save that for its own thread. Gotta watch the LBT TV series first.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 09:43:34 PM by StardustSoldier »

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
Dang. My above post would've been a good one to make for today.

Oh well. Happy 31st anniversary, Land Before Time!

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
I don't know why, but just Cera hitting the unconscious Sharptooth over and over again until it woke up. It wasn't scary to me or anything, but the animation of that eye was something else for some reason.