The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

My intersets

Spyro · 17 · 1402

Spyro

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Okay guys here are my interests:

I like Care Bears, My Little Pony, LBT of course, Movies, Spyro games of course, Sonic the Hedgehog, Fable games, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, and loads of stuff

And now you see why I was concerned about the teasing part.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well that's alright :)
I don't think anyone will tease you with those interests.

I like LBT, disney movies, harry potter and lord of the rings when it comes to TV stuff :)

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
You'll find a lot of the regulars here like the fantasy genre so I doubt you'll get any teasing. ;)  I'm the resident Disney nut (and I had that title in college too!) and follow a lot of furry works (Watership Down, Redwall, Mistmantle, Faux Pas, Over the Hedge, Ranger Rick, etc.).

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I pretty much only "like" LBT though I've been known to watch other kid stuff on occasion that pops onto CN.  Johnny Test, Fairly Odd Parents, Total Drama Island/Action, and the LBT TV Series. :p There are others at times too, but that's pretty much about all I watch that's kiddy anymore.  I like a lot of anime too.  I personally don't like the first too shows you mentioned Spyro, but I used to like Care Bears a lot as a kid.  When I'm pretty bored and there's not much on I can handle Dragon Tales.....sorta. :lol  :p  Little Bear has got to be the best show on the planet that's targeted at that age group.

And I'm not the only one.  There are tons of members here who still like lots of kiddy stuff.  Many still like Pokemon though I got out of it years ago and I'm sure there are others that like more stuff.  You don't need to feel ashamed or scared of being laughed at here.  We're a pretty reasonable group.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Apart from the land before time my main interest is history (did I ever mention? :lol). With regard to fiction I am also quite taken with the Lord of the rings though I am not nearly as knowledgeable about the further background story (Simarillion) as our official Tolkien experts are ;)
I'm also very much into Dinotopia, but mostly into the original books by James Gurney and the novels written by Alan Dean Foster.
There are many other works of fiction I enjoy though I am not going anywhere beyond watching and reading most of the stuff I can get my hands on (e.g. Star Wars, Harry Potter, classical sagas etc.).

Spyro

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Aug 28 2009 on  07:49 AM
Apart from the land before time my main interest is history (did I ever mention? :lol). With regard to fiction I am also quite taken with the Lord of the rings though I am not nearly as knowledgeable about the further background story (Simarillion) as our official Tolkien experts are ;)
I'm also very much into Dinotopia, but mostly into the original books by James Gurney and the novels written by Alan Dean Foster.
There are many other works of fiction I enjoy though I am not going anywhere beyond watching and reading most of the stuff I can get my hands on (e.g. Star Wars, Harry Potter, classical sagas etc.).
I love the Dinotopia Movie

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I wouldn't worry Spyro.  You will find many people on here who share similar interests as you yourself have.  As a result I don't think anyone will tease you for liking what you've listed.

I like the Lion King, LBT (of course), Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter and when it used to be shown Dinotopia to name a few.  I also used to like Spyro.  So you see, you'll find people with similar interests.:)

Spyro

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: Saft,Aug 28 2009 on  02:00 PM
I wouldn't worry Spyro.  You will find many people on here who share similar interests as you yourself have.  As a result I don't think anyone will tease you for liking what you've listed.

I like the Lion King, LBT (of course), Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter and when it used to be shown Dinotopia to name a few.  I also used to like Spyro.  So you see, you'll find people with similar interests.:)
Yeah but My Little Pony is really for Girls

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Is it? I never liked it and I'm a girl.

Honestly, personal interests are different with everyone. If you're a guy and like my little pony, nobody cares! It's your interest, not someone else's business.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Personally "My Little Pony" makes me cringe but that doesn't mean that you can't like it.  It's not like it hurts anybody.  People have no right to make fun of others for what they like unless that like/hobby harms others in some way. :yes

Spyro

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Aug 28 2009 on  09:03 PM
Personally "My Little Pony" makes me cringe but that doesn't mean that you can't like it.  It's not like it hurts anybody.  People have no right to make fun of others for what they like unless that like/hobby harms others in some way. :yes
Thanks for the kind words, when I put down My Little Pony I felt scarred and felt people would then not like me, then lead to being hated, then lead to not being noticed on here

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
when I put down My Little Pony I felt scarred and felt people would then not like me, then lead to being hated, then lead to not being noticed on here

That kinda made me laugh.  I guess I've been a part of this kind community for a bit too long but I couldn't imagine anyone here giving me grief for liking something. :D This isn't like other online web forums or real life.  People are actually nice and decent here. :p

Alex

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Petrie,Aug 28 2009 on  06:05 AM
You'll find a lot of the regulars here like the fantasy genre so I doubt you'll get any teasing. ;)  I'm the resident Disney nut (and I had that title in college too!) and follow a lot of furry works (Watership Down, Redwall, Mistmantle, Faux Pas, Over the Hedge, Ranger Rick, etc.).
Do people really consider Redwall to be some of that 'furry' stuff?

By the way, Spyro, whatever you like is your business, no one is gonna say somethin' about it. LOTR and Star Wars especially. Then they'll have me to deal with. Great movies.

raga

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Hey dude don't worry about it.  Nobody here would make fun of you for that.  Personally my little pony makes me cringe just like with LBTLover but your allowed to like whatever you, you shouldn't let the opinions of others bother you.  Everybody has their weird and crazy side, thats what makes people fun!

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, my movie interests lie mostly within the "Horror" genre, but I also like slapstick comedies, pretty much all the pre-2000 Disney films, and LBT (of course ;)!).  My other interests include forensics, anatomy and physiology, biology, videogames, writing, drawing, exercise (especially swimming, hiking, yoga, and running), reading, being online, and shopping.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Quote from: Alex,Aug 28 2009 on  09:28 PM
You'll find a lot of the regulars here like the fantasy genre so I doubt you'll get any teasing. ;)  I'm the resident Disney nut (and I had that title in college too!) and follow a lot of furry works (Watership Down, Redwall, Mistmantle, Faux Pas, Over the Hedge, Ranger Rick, etc.).
Oh yes.  Pretty much any anthro animals are in the furry realm.  Does that make you one if you like it?  That's your call....how do you define 'furry'?

Furry fandom (also known as furrydom, furridom, fur fandom or furdom) refers to the fandom for fictional anthropomorphic animal characters with human personalities and characteristics.  Examples of anthropomorphic attributes include exhibiting human intelligence and facial expressions, the ability to speak, walk on two legs, and wear clothes. Furry fandom is also used to refer to the community of artists, writers, role players and general fans of the furry art forms who gather on the net and at conventions.

Alex

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Petrie,Aug 29 2009 on  06:22 AM
Quote from: Alex,Aug 28 2009 on  09:28 PM
You'll find a lot of the regulars here like the fantasy genre so I doubt you'll get any teasing. ;) I'm the resident Disney nut (and I had that title in college too!) and follow a lot of furry works (Watership Down, Redwall, Mistmantle, Faux Pas, Over the Hedge, Ranger Rick, etc.).
Oh yes.  Pretty much any anthro animals are in the furry realm.  Does that make you one if you like it?  That's your call....how do you define 'furry'?

Furry fandom (also known as furrydom, furridom, fur fandom or furdom) refers to the fandom for fictional anthropomorphic animal characters with human personalities and characteristics. Examples of anthropomorphic attributes include exhibiting human intelligence and facial expressions, the ability to speak, walk on two legs, and wear clothes. Furry fandom is also used to refer to the community of artists, writers, role players and general fans of the furry art forms who gather on the net and at conventions.
Huh, I used to read those all the time like way back in middle school. Interesting that it's developted that fanbase.