The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Hey everyone! In need of some support! :D

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hockey has always been a fairly big thing here in Canada and last year was the final year of the theme song to "Hockey Night in Canada", the TV program that shows most of the pro hockey games here.

The previous theme song was removed from the show due to legal problems, but this may not be an entirely bad thing.  As a result, they are holding a contest seeking a new theme for Hockey Night in Canada, which I couldn't help but jump on. B)

I haven't done much composing at all in the last couple of years so I was a bit rusty with this but I was able to meet all of the requirements for the contest (hours!) before the August 31st deadline (partly why I was taking a break from programming and most everything else until now).

I will, however, need some votes to have a hope at advancing!  For now, the officials are picking the top 200, I believe.  Anyone who wants to check out my theme, give me some comments and a nice rating would be much appreciated! :D

My theme can be heard here:
http://anthemchallenge.cbc.ca/mediadetail/329090

Yes it's only 35 seconds long, but the one of the requirements is that it needs to be a minimum of 15 seconds and able to be made into a 30 second length with reasonable simplicity.  I feel I've done that (if you cut the intro, it's 30 seconds. :) )

There are some rewards for even semi-finalists (top 20) so my goal is to make it that far! :D  The 1st place prize is exceptionally beefy ($100,000 cash + performance royalties :D), though I'm not sure my theme is quite perfect enough to make it there.  Ehh, one way to find out, I guess.. :p

Ratings, comments and votes (I'll need votes if I make it to the top 200, in October) are Much appreciated!  Thank you everyone!
I know it's a pain to have to register in order to comment or rate. <_<  :P:
How about this: I have cookies!  Lots of cookies! (....I stole some of them from Iris :p  Thanks! :D  :lol: Couldn't resist, they're good! :p) Everyone who rates or comments gets cookies! :D

Again, My theme can be heard here:
http://anthemchallenge.cbc.ca/mediadetail/329090
(btw, the site has been rather slow the last couple of days)

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Haha, good luck man! Your theme does sound very professional to me. I really think you have a decent shot of making it to the top 20 B)

I'll be sure to comment and rate it!

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Sorry Action but I just get a server error message when I click the link to your song. :unsure:

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
It's only been doing that the past little while.  It worked earlier. Give it a little bit.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
It sounds really good Tim, however it might just be my crappy laptop speakers but it seems to be..........missing something.  It's almost too hollow.  It doesn't' need much more, but perhaps another tune or so in the background would make it sound a little better.  It doesn't have to be something too noticeable, but adding a slight hum or something might give it more of an oomph.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
I liked it myself. :) The bottom link said "Servor Error" but I was able to listen in the first link. :yes

Break a leg! :)

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
The site is getting a lot of activity lately.  if you get a server error, you can try again later and it might work better. :)

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I heard this.  It isn't hollow.  I heard it when it was a work in progress, and this is a far better product than the conception I had heard. :)

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
When I try it, I'm not getting a server error, I'm getting the whole page, but the place where I presume the player is supposed to be just has a big grey box. And nothing happens when I click on it.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: LettuceBacon&Tomato,Sep 5 2008 on  06:48 AM
When I try it, I'm not getting a server error, I'm getting the whole page, but the place where I presume the player is supposed to be just has a big grey box. And nothing happens when I click on it.
Patience is the key to everything.

Vaan360

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Now I made into the site, but I can¥t see the video...
My pc does that a lot, ill try and go there later, to see if I can see it at that time