The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Worst afternoon of my life!

metadude1234

• Banana Egg
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
My bike is trying to kill me i swear! i have come off my bike twice in the past month and i came off again today! i have deep cuts on both my arms, my nose and my stomache. my knees are perfectly fine but my bones in my arm hurt really badly and so does my spine...time to go destroy my bike and end its teenager hurting rampage once and for all
facebook.com/venomwargreymon

thebigdeal

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://youtube.com/BigDealStudios
Quote from: metadude1234,Nov 5 2009 on  09:04 PM
My bike is trying to kill me i swear! i have come off my bike twice in the past month and i came off again today! i have deep cuts on both my arms, my nose and my stomache. my knees are perfectly fine but my bones in my arm hurt really badly and so does my spine...time to go destroy my bike and end its teenager hurting rampage once and for all
that's gotta hurt, dude
now you know how Tony Hawk feels...

metadude1234

• Banana Egg
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

JitteryDragon

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Hey, don't worry about it, my bike has it out for me too. It want's me to go over the handlebars all the bloody time... thank god for helmets  :lol

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Have you read Calvin and Hobbes? He has the same problem all the time with his bike. You'd find it really funny.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Am I the only one here who's never fallen off a bike before? :lol S***.  I rode my bike in the WILDERNESS like you wouldn't believe.  If anyone should've been crashing all the time it'd be me.  I stopped riding by the time I was 9 though.  Then it was pretty much all computers and indoors for me. :p

Paradise Bird

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://sporeleaf.forumotion.net/creators-hall-f7/post-your-dinos-here-
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Nov 6 2009 on  01:16 AM
Am I the only one here who's never fallen off a bike before? :lol S***.  I rode my bike in the WILDERNESS like you wouldn't believe.  If anyone should've been crashing all the time it'd be me.  I stopped riding by the time I was 9 though.  Then it was pretty much all computers and indoors for me. :p
Good stay that way its best to prevent injury

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
That's a bummer about your bike. I'm sure you wear your helmet all the time, but make sure you continue to do so. You're better off getting a cut on your arm or stomach than splitting your head open or something.

JitteryDragon

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Nov 6 2009 on  01:16 AM
I live in the country, so I have a huge tract of land to ride on... though I prefer going into town, because the roads where I live are terrible.

But wow, I'm amazed you didn't fall off. I can't stay on for more than a minute, I should get some training wheels or something :lol

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Have you read Calvin and Hobbes? He has the same problem all the time with his bike. You'd find it really funny.
That's what I was thinking of the moment I read the first post ;)
Don't blame the bike. Such accidents can happen, but one can take some precautions to make them less likely.
Never break sharply on dusty ground. That's how I got my worst fly over the handles followed by the bike "riding" over me. I hope you are wearing a helmet?
But really, riding a bike is generally a good idea, especially if it is the alternative to using a car over short or medium distances.

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Am sorry that you fell of your bike.  However, you shouldn't blame your bike..accidents can and do happen.  Whilst I presume that you wear a helmet...maybe you could wear knee and elbow pads (under your clothing) to protect you from further injuries?  Either that, or get your bike serviced..

Glad that you weren't hurt too seriously.:)

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
How exactly are you falling off your bike? Are you jumping hills, trying to pull off tricks and stuff? I don't think I've ever fallen completely off my bike before, but then I'm not  one to try stupid things with it either, especially since I don't wear a helmet (which I know is bad, but I don't go for bike rides very often anyway :p)

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
You are not by any chance riding a bike that is too small?  If you are falling off quite frequently, I really do recommend that you do get your bike checked out and serviced.  

metadude1234

• Banana Egg
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Littlefoot Fan,Nov 7 2009 on  06:12 AM
How exactly are you falling off your bike? Are you jumping hills, trying to pull off tricks and stuff?
Actually i was just taking a casual ride to the library, i wasn't pulling stunts or anything like that cause well.....i know if i tried i would die
facebook.com/venomwargreymon

JitteryDragon

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Saft,Nov 6 2009 on  03:51 PM
You are not by any chance riding a bike that is too small?  If you are falling off quite frequently, I really do recommend that you do get your bike checked out and serviced.
Aye, this is good advice. I have to get mine checked pretty often, given where I live does wonders to pretty much everything on the poor girl. It's pretty cheap though.

Good quality parts also help... trust me, never use cheap brakes... you'll regret it.

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Here it is compulsory for bikes to be serviced.  We even have those little liscensed tickets to say that the bike has been serviced.