The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Redesigning TheLandBeforeTime.org

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Well I'm glad to be rid of Freewebs, but to be perfectly honest I never really liked the new LandBeforeTime.org website.  It was VERY difficult to make, taking nearly 200 hours, but it just never felt "right."  I hope to change that with a streamlined design plan.  The new website will take advantage of some HTML5 and CSS3 elements and will have a TON of Javascript.  I've made a crude diagram of the design I'm planning:

Sorry for its ugliness.  I never was good at drafting plans. :p But it'll be A LOT better than it looks on this plan.  I plan to make a top navigation that utilizes a drop-down menu as opposed to the standard vertical navigation that I have on most of my websites.

The horizontal navigation is gonna kill me.  I have to sit down and write up a complete restructured plan for TheLandBeforeTime.org.  Things are gonna be changing rather rapidly.  I hope you're all ready for it. :yes