The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Calgary Stampede (Local event)

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Howdy everyone!
An annual celebreation of Western culture, the Calgary Stampede, just ended for another year in my hometown.  I attended the event with a few friends on Saturday, and I just wanted to share a few pictures with you folks:

The event takes place just outside downtown Calgary, in the south part of the city.  It draws over a million people over its 10-day show; it's really a good time, dubbed the "Greatest Outdoor Show on Earth" . B)  :p

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Wow.  I haven't been near a rodeo, or horse racing event in...well gosh, longer than I can remember. :p  It's almost like an old time county fair from the bygone era. :D :D

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Wow. I haven't been near a rodeo, or horse racing event in...well gosh, longer than I can remember.  It's almost like an old time county fair from the bygone era.   
It really is an interesting experience.  This year, the Stampede rodeo became the highest level of rodeo in the world, with a $1.6 million prize for the winner.  Only the top 20 in the world qualify for the Stampede rodeo as of this year.