The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Carrie Fisher dies

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
http://www.aol.com/article/entertainment/2...at-60/21642781/

Carrie Fisher, the actress best known for portraying Princess Leia in Star Wars, has died after suffering a heart attack.  Damn...   :(   2016 has been such a crappy year.

CybertronianBrony

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
I know. I couldn't believe it myself. I was so sad to hear that. R.I.P.

I can agree with you here. 2016 has indeed been very crappy.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah it's sad that she died she did a good job playing Princess Leia in Star Wars

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
First Richard Adams the author of Watership Down dies, and now Carrie Fisher has succumbed to her heart attack.  Rest in Peace.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
This year just keeps getting crappier and crappier. <_<

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah it sure is all the good stars are dying,

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
In healthcare, we call this the "Rule of Threes", when three patients die within a short timeframe.  This week has been no exception, with Carrie Fisher being the third star list this week.  Really sad when this happens :cry.
Un
Her age only makes such an event more tragic.  I don't know about y'all, but 60 is still young to me.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
She was the same age as my mom, and yes, 60 is WAY too young to go these days. People are supposed to be live to see 80 these days. This is just tragic.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
My mom is pushing 60 as well, so of course the possibility of something like cardiovascular disease coming into the picture hjas crossed my mind...

Speaking of mothers, Carrie Fisher's mother, Debbie Reynolds, has passed away today at the age of 84.  According to her son, she was at his house dicussing his sister's funeral arrangements, when she suddenly had to be rushed to the hospital.  According to him, the last thing she said before she passed was, "I just want to be with Carrie."  speculation is that she probably died of heartbreak.  They say there's nothing worse than having to bury your own child.  

Her poor son, losing his sister and mother no more than two days apart😢💔...

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
That is absolutely heartbreaking. The Reynolds/Fisher family just suffered two losses right after Christmas. This is just wrong on so many levels.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
That's life tho people die and you move on it's sad I know but you have there movies to remember them tho.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Sadly it appears that the loss of her daughter was too much for Debbie Reynolds to bear.  To have two losses in the same family (during the holidays no less) is a terrible and cruel blow. I wish the very best for their loved ones during this difficult time.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah it is sad to loose Debbie Reynolds she was a good actress and will be missed