The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Best Time

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
When I listened through Ludichris' music project, I found the new song called Best Time. What do you think about this never-before heard song? I find it a bit cheesy but to be honest, I kinda like it. I like its idea of acknowledging the Great Valley and melody and its lyrics are mostly quite decent. I would have preferred if the Gang had sung it as I don't really like any of the other songs the grown-ups sing. Still, I like this one. Thank you, Ludichris, for sharing it with us! :)

Also, did you notice that the opening song of the Wisdom of Friends has the exact same melody, pretty much revealing where it was cut from? :p I wonder why this one was cut while some worse songs has been accepted into the films. I wonder if there are any other cut songs in the other films.  :unsure:

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Well you coujd have posted a link to the song for us to hear it

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Here's
Here's the link in case some of you haven't heard it.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Okay Best Time Of Our Lives isn't that bad it has pretty good lyrics and the melody is nice and kinda catchy so I don't mind the song at all.

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
What is this song? I never heard of it before?
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
What is this song? I never heard of it before?

As I said, it was featured on Ludichris' great LBT music project and it was the first time this song was "released". Ludichris said that the composer Michael Tavera himself sent him the files and this particular song was one that was most likely cut out from one the sequels. However, Wisdom of Friends begins with music similar to this song's melody so I'd guess it is a cut opening song of LBT 13.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Chris picked a good song it's actually starting to grow on me.

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I listened to it. It's not bad...should have replaced Peaceful Valley...maybe.
The reason why I'm talking about a LBT 2 song is because the narration before the song sounds very much like the narration in LBT 2.

THE DINOSAURS :lol :p
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
That's a very good point about the narration of LBT 2 but just listen to the Wisdom of Friends' Opening A and the melody is exactly the same. These mixed messages from the song are really interesting though.  :)

I still prefer Peaceful Valley to Best Time, though, but both are rather good.

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Though that opening reuses music.
A shorter version of "Escape" is reused when the sharptooth (which I think is the Orange-Brown Sharptooth from LBT 10, due to the same color and eye color) chases the Fast Biter herd in the opening.
Best Time's melody may have been reused as well by Michael Tavera, as he thought that it shouldn't go to waste completely after all these years.