The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Femslash in VV??

Dosu2Dinner

• Spike
    • View Profile
Hi all!

Right, first and foremost, I bloody promise to finish VV. At the moment, I am in the midst of exams, and so have not found any time to write and plan. I do however, finish on the 17th, and won't have anything more to do for about three months. So, hopefully there will be relatively rapid updates after that!  :lol

But I have been going over the plot several times in my head, and it's just come to me that I may have to pull something towards the end that I never thought I'd do in an LBT fanfic.

Romance is a tricky issue that I've wondered about as I wrote this. Part of me feels I'm just too sentimental a person not to include romantic elements, but another part of me finds dino romance and little...odd...but I think I'm now firmly in the camp of 'screw it, let's have romance' and one thing that I've found out when considering the plot is that, completely unintentionally, Cera and Ruby have fallen in love.  :blink:

Whilst developing their characters, everything just seemed so fitting. They've had more intimate moments, they've discussed their family, their roles in the Valley, and they just seem like perfect foils and compliments to each other.
I wasn't sure about this, until I remembered something which would just make the Cera/Ruby couple even more perfect. Ruby's species name is Oviraptor philoceratops. That second part? Yeah, it means 'lover of ceratopsians.'
Now, originally this was a reference to the belief that Oviraptor routinely stole the eggs of Protoceratops, but you can interpret it however you like.  :p

But what do you think about it? I think, whatever your opinions are, I'll probably just go ahead and include it. I hope this is a forum of tolerant people, who won't object simply to having a same-sex couple in this. LBT is all about diversity and tolerance.

Yes, they are different species. But so are Lini and Al, and the size differences will be considerable when older...so, over to you! What do you think?

Littlefoot fan 1990

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://vitaniandkovulover.deviantart.com/
I'm not against femslash. If you want to write stories that contain some femslash; go for it. I'm not one for telling people what they can and can't write; as far as I'm concerned, don't let other people's opinions influence your writing; I sure don't.

Dosu2Dinner

• Spike
    • View Profile
Alas, I probably still would have went for it. I was just curious to hear other people's opinions.  :p  :yes

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
To be honest, I'm not sure if it's the best thing to ship Cera & Ruby (and I'm not so sure if it fits into the whole concept of VV) but you're the writer, you make the rules  :lol
Inactive, probably forever.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I wouldn't mind if the story containted femslash. I'm all for it. However, I do want to put in my two cents on something.

Romance is a tricky issue that I've wondered about as I wrote this. Part of me feels I'm just too sentimental a person not to include romantic elements, but another part of me finds dino romance and little...odd...but I think I'm now firmly in the camp of 'screw it, let's have romance' and one thing that I've found out when considering the plot is that, completely unintentionally, Cera and Ruby have fallen in love. blink.gif

Whilst developing their characters, everything just seemed so fitting. They've had more intimate moments, they've discussed their family, their roles in the Valley, and they just seem like perfect foils and compliments to each other.

What you just described here could easily fit a platonic relationship. Those actions do not necessarily mean that they have 'fallen in love'. I'm not saying you can't go that route. As I said, I'm fine with it. I just disagree with those being evidence that they had fallen in love with each other in the story.