The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

After The Fire Is Gone

Littlefoot fan 1990

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://vitaniandkovulover.deviantart.com/
The fire in the Great Valley has finally been washed out by the water flowing from the Mysterious Beyond. All the vegetation is getting plentiful again. Due to recent events, Grandpa Longneck won't talk to Topsy until he apologizes for calling Littlefoot a bad influence. The threehorn stubbornly admitted that he needed to make things right with Littlefoot or his grandparents won't talk to him again. He wandered around and found Littlefoot drinking from the watering hole at the Thundering Falls.

"Littlefoot, could I talk to you for a few minutes?" Topsy asked.

The young longneck looked over at Topsy.

"I don't know; you might insult me again; Topsy," Littlefoot retorted.

Topsy hung his head; he felt like he deserved that remark.

"All right; I deserved that," Topsy admitted.

Littlefoot nodded.

"You sure did; I'm still upset about you calling me a bad influence in front of everybody," Littlefoot claimed.

"Look; I really am sorry. We were running out of water and I thought you were wasting it," Topsy admitted.

Littlefoot thought about this and nodded.

"I understand; you were only looking out for everybody; even though you're the most stubborn threehorn I ever met," Littlefoot explained.

Topsy nodded.

"Will you ever forgive me for calling you a bad influence?" Topsy wondered.

"Yeah; I was never one to hold a grudge," Littlefoot answered.

Topsy smiled. He was glad that Littlefoot has forgiven him for calling him a bad influence. Moments later, Grandma and Grandpa Longneck came by to see Littlefoot and Topsy having a decent conversation. They smiled since things are better between Littlefoot and Topsy. The threehorn gave Littlefoot a look that indicated that he wanted a few minutes alone with the elderly couple. Littlefoot nodded and left. Topsy turned towards the elderly couple with a guilty expression on his face.

"Listen you two; I still can't believe you saved my life even though I said that Littlefoot was a bad influence," Topsy admitted.

"I must admit that I was angry about it; but, that didn't mean I was going to let you and Cera die in that fire; you should know me better than that," Grandpa explained.

Topsy nodded.

"I was wrong about Littlefoot; he is not a bad influence and he forgave me for insulting him; do you forgive me?" Topsy wondered.

The elderly couple smiled.

"Of course we forgive you," Grandpa said.

Grandma nodded in agreement.

Topsy is happy that his friends had forgiven him for calling Littlefoot a bad influence.

this is a one-shot!

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Good stuff, makes me wish something like this had actually been in LBT 3, as Topsy's behaviour in that movie is one of the core reasons I hate him.

Littlefoot fan 1990

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Yeah; I imagine lots of people hate Topsy for his behavior in LBT 3. It wasn't nice when he called Littlefoot a bad influence in front of his grandparents.

Topsy may be a grouch; but, he's not a total villain; he's just a bully.

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Quote from: Littlefoot fan 1990,Jun 19 2015 on  01:05 PM
Yeah; I imagine lots of people hate Topsy for his behavior in LBT 3. It wasn't nice when he called Littlefoot a bad influence in front of his grandparents.

Topsy may be a grouch; but, he's not a total villain; he's just a bully.
Yes it is.. When I get round to doing more art in my Bambo topic, I intend to do a scene were his dad is fuming with Topsy after they escape the fire. Yeah Bambo's Dad and Topsy don't like each other very much.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
A couple of things I'd like to point out.

1. This seems to come so suddenly. Topsy called Littlefoot a bad influence early in the film, and Grandpa Longneck still spoke to him even after that. For him to suddenly say "Oh I'm not going to speak to you until you apologize to my grandson" seems rather odd and out of the blue. Especially after the fire when Topsy had admitted he was being overprotective. I could see it maybe happening before the fire, but not after.

2. Why would Topsy think it strange Grandpa Longneck saved him despite calling Littlefoot a name? I can't honestly seeing him question that. There's a lot worse things that could be done than calling someone a name, If Topsy had physically attacked Littlefoot, I could see it. But since all he did was call him a bad influence (which is not the worst thing he could have said) and attempt to forbid Cera from seeing him (which he did not hold up to anyway), then it doesn't seem to make much sense for him to question Grandpa Longneck's rescue of him.

While I do like the idea of Topsy apologizing to Littlefoot, the way it's done here is more confusing to me than anything, for the reasons I had pointed out. It might have worked better if Topsy himself decided 'okay I should apologize' and seek out Littlefoot on his own accord, not because Grandpa and Grandma Longneck won't speak to him.

Littlefoot fan 1990

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I appreciate your criticism; I'll try to do better next time. It has been a while since I've seen the third film.

I'll take your criticism into consideration and make my stories less confusing.