The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Do you guys want to know the worst part?  Some fans said this was the worst of the episodes just because it centered around Spike.  Seriously, they are letting their hatred for a character get in the way of enjoying a really good episode.

They need to grow up!

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I guess they only want episodes on the main 6 and their favorite pony character.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Meh, the episode was okay I guess.  It sort of left me with an open ended feeling.  We never found out anything new at all.  And the fact that they didn't reveal what Princess Celestia said in that latter annoyed me.  Though maybe they'll mention it in the next episode.  I dunno though.  This show isn't known for it's good continuity.

Bongo

• Spike
    • View Profile

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
According to the following link, the red dragon from the previous episode is named Garble.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/03/red-...uest-named.html

Other than that, nothing is official.  The rest are free to name in fanfiction. :)

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
Did the mail pony from The Last Roundup get a name? If not, I've got one.

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Do you guys want to know the worst part? Some fans said this was the worst of the episodes just because it centered around Spike. Seriously, they are letting their hatred for a character get in the way of enjoying a really good episode.

They need to grow up!

What?

Spike is best dragon ever.

More dragon episodes please.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Spike is my favorite or one of my favorite of MLP:FIM characters.

Thanks for the link to the brony show, I watched it last night, it was fun, and some of the comments folks were doing in the livestream thing, and the aftershow was fun also.  Though the stuff the folks in the livestream sidebar thing got a bit more adult during the aftershow, I didn't mind.

Bongo

• Spike
    • View Profile

"I...M-MUST...HOLD...TOGE-TOGETHER...THE...FOURTH...WA-AAAAALLLLLL!!!"

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Very interesting.  I wonder if it'll be as the same character or a different one.

Bongo

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Kor,Mar 21 2012 on  10:50 PM
Very interesting.  I wonder if it'll be as the same character or a different one.
If he comes back as Discord...

I'm not taking any chances. PREPARE FOR BATTLE!

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I don't know why some people hate Spike so much. Spike isn't really one of my favorites but I like him. I really liked his episode. Can't wait to see what "Q" will do in the next episode he's in.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, new synopsis for more episodes of Season 2.

Episode 25 - A Canterlot Wedding Part 1
Air Date: April 21
Synopsis: Twilight's brother, Shining Armor, is marrying Princess Celestia's niece, Cadence.

Episode 26 - A Canterlot Wedding Part 2
Air Date: April 21
Synopsis: Twilight discovers a dark secret about Cadence right before the wedding.

Twilight's brother getting married and there's a dark secret about who he's marrying?  What could it be? :)

Can you stand waiting a month to find out?

See ya later for one last "spoiler-full" post. (Yep, I get the chance to do that today. :))

EDIT: Oh, and further more, here's a spoiler clip for ya!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcS7OX4LTu4

Clones!? :blink: Have to admit, didn't see that one coming. :D

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
SPOILER POST!!

Okay, here we go one last time!

So, we start out with Rainbow Dash sending out flyers to all of Ponyville, telling the pegasi ponies to meet her at the library.  However, it's obvious how avoiding Fluttershy is being about it.

She even tries to hid herself as a tree, but that doesn't work.

Edits to come!

EDIT 1: First off, film is cannon!  Anyways, the film on how it all works is rather old-school, but it does explain a lot.  Also, it's not just about getting enough power to make a tornado big enough to bring up water to Cloudsdale.  It's about beating the record.

Also, Fluttershy acts sick, but Dash sees right through it.  Turns out her hesitation is due to past events.  More to come!

EDIT 2: Technobabble is also cannon!

Anyways, the teasing from others makes Fluttershy into a very sad mood.  She didn't want to help out, period.  However, her animal friends help get her confidence back enough for her to try, but it's not enough to make her join them.

EDIT 3: Apparently, some of the pegasi get sick.  Enough to sadly make them unable to beat the record and be under the necessary power to create a powerful enough tornado.

Fluttershy shows up for morale support.  However, it becomes obvious that they don't have enough power and Twilight convinces Fluttershy to join them.  They almost don't make it.  However, confidence boost in Fluttershy gets them to make just enough so they can send the water to Cloudsdale.

In fact, Fluttershy gets so confident that Rainbow Dash has to stop her manually via a cloud.  It then ends with the moral of the episode.

Review post to come! :)

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
Alright, so who wants to bet that Cadence is actually Discord? John de Lancie announcing his return to the show, clones of the Mane Six, and a dark secret? Smells like Discord's work to me.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
REVIEW POST!

Okay, despite it all, there's something to talk about with this one.  It's that I really have to point out is just how natural the crying from Fluttershy looked.  What I mean by this is that in most cartoons, when a character cries, the animators tend to use a light blue color so they can easily move the tears.  Making them a different color helps them flow more naturally.  However, here they made them the REAL color tears are, clear.  To work with the real color is one thing, of course, but they also made them act like real tears.  None of that cartoon-like waterfall of tears.  These were VERY natural.  It's obvious how great the animators are at this.  It was almost like I could see true sadness with Fluttershy.  What I saw, dang, that hurt!

Anyways, a very good episode I will admit.  I understand what it is like to be teased and I sympathize for Fluttershy in this one.  I'd beat every last one of those ponies that teased her if I could.

The plot and storyline is simple and enjoyable enough to keep your attention, but as I stated earlier, it's the animation that shines through here.  Definitely one worth watching.

I'll give you all the episode post soon enough.