The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ask ImpracticalDino

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
^Interesting that everyone I've asked so far has all said introvert (and what I'd consider myself as well).

I might have asked you this once, but have you seen a lot of the Pokemon anime?

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
^Interesting that everyone I've asked so far has all said introvert (and what I'd consider myself as well).

I might have asked you this once, but have you seen a lot of the Pokemon anime?

Yep. In fact, I’ve seen every single Pokémon episode ever made, not including the Sun & Moon series however. That, I would need to catch up with during the summer...if I’m still interested in watching that is. I don’t know if I feel up for it anymore honestly.

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Anything in particular that caused you to lose interest?

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I don’t know really. And besides, my central focus of interest is now on other shows like LBT (obviously), Watership Down (Before finding LBT), The Animals of Farthingwood (Before finding Watership Down, and I already watched the entire series), and recently Kimba The White Lion, which isn’t my main focus at the moment, but I do plan on watching all of the episodes too as well. I guess I just grew out/became bored of the show now.

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
In your defense, 1000+ episodes is a big comittment.
:yum

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
In your defense, 1000+ episodes is a big comittment.
:yum

Haha, thanks! Watching so many episodes of literally the same formula all the time can get pretty repetitive. My favorite Pokémon anime series was XY and XY & Z. I felt that Ash has matured so much during that time and felt like a competent trainer...only to lose the Pokémon league for the 20th time already. I really enjoyed the Team Flare Arc that came after it though. I also liked seeing Squishy (Zygarde) and Bonnie’s relationship develop throughout the latter series. It was so adorable to be honest, and it’s pretty awesome to imagine a 5 year old girl befriending a legendary Pokémon. The fact that Bonnie is somewhat spiritually connected to it and she can feel the pain that Squishy is feeling really shows how far they’ve come in just one season. The feeling of friendship was one sided at first, but it quickly turned mutual. I won’t mention more details because then it’d become more spoiling. But then again, I think I already told a lot though. :p

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Thanks for the explanation. I enjoy reading your critiques.

Do you have a favourite LBT character?

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Your welcome. It was my pleasure to explain how I felt.

I would say that Ducky & Chomper are my favorite main LBT characters, but Mo would probably be my favorite overall.

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
but Mo would probably be my favorite overall.
Mo think you fuuunnnnn! Mo want know, why you like Mo so much? :Mo
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I think I know who your favourite MLP character is. Do you have a second favourite?

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
How different do you think you'd be if you were born a decade or even half a decade earlier?
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
but Mo would probably be my favorite overall.
Mo think you fuuunnnnn! Mo want know, why you like Mo so much? :Mo

Thank you Mo. :)
I would say that I like you a lot simply for your carefree, optimistic, and playful attitude that you seem to possess all the time basically. I won’t get the full perspective of his character until I watch the 9th LBT movie, but Mo was an instant favorite the moment I set my eyes on him. He seems like the type of guy that could make friends with anyone honestly. Let’s see if my love for Mo sustains or wanes by then.

I think I know who your favourite MLP character is. Do you have a second favourite?

Haha, yep Pinkie Pie is actually my favorite character of the Main Six. My second favorite would have to be Fluttershy. She’s honestly very brave in many situations despite being very, very socially introverted. But obviously, her adorable and gentle character is the reason why she won me over as well, and it gave me a more sympathetic outlook on other animals.

How different do you think you'd be if you were born a decade or even half a decade earlier?

Hmm, I’m not sure. I haven’t thought deeply on a topic such as this, and there are too many variables to juggle with honestly. :/
If you’re talking personality wise, then probably not much change. But then again, the attitude of my parents and the environment they lived in a decade ago was also different, so I think the change would be moderate at worst.

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I won’t get the full perspective of his character until I watch the 9th LBT movie, but Mo was an instant favorite the moment I set my eyes on him.
So you know nothing about Mo but his appearance? What do you headcanon Mo's voice to be, then, so you can later look back after Journey to Big Water and see how accurate you were... :Mo

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I won’t get the full perspective of his character until I watch the 9th LBT movie, but Mo was an instant favorite the moment I set my eyes on him.
So you know nothing about Mo but his appearance? What do you headcanon Mo's voice to be, then, so you can later look back after Journey to Big Water and see how accurate you were... :Mo

Uhh, actually since I’ve seen the entire LBT TV series, I know how Mo sounds like. I will admit, he may get a bit irritating at times, but I can never ever stay mad for long. :)

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Uhh, actually since I’ve seen the entire LBT TV series, I know how Mo sounds like. I will admit, he may get a bit irritating at times, but I can never ever stay mad for long. :)
I keep forgetting you've seen the TV series...

...what is your favorite episode of the TV series and why?

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I keep forgetting you've seen the TV series...

...what is your favorite episode of the TV series and why?

The one with Mo obviously :PCera

But in all seriousness, this is a question I genuinely can’t answer at the moment. The LBT TV series is my first interaction with this franchise as a whole, and I was only watching for pure enjoyment and entertainment at that point in time. So, I didn’t really care to detect and evaluate all the good/bad things that I thought about a certain episode. It was something I watched to relax on school nights before going to bed. So yeah, give me at least a few weeks to about a few months to come back to this question.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
^There's been tentative talk about setting up a TV series community watch/rewatch starting in the new year, where we'd cover an episode every week or two weeks. I think that'd be a lot of fun, so hopefully it comes to fruition.

Anyway, I know you talked about this in another thread. But, in a nutshell, what is it about the current state of the Pokémon franchise that you're unhappy with?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 11:54:55 PM by StardustSoldier »

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
If you’re looking for a quick answer, I would say that Pokémon has definitely reached a new low in terms of the quality of their games. The graphics, the animations, the cut of the National Dex, the pure lack of a post-game are just some of the things I’m not happy with. In terms of enjoyability and entertainment, I think that all Pokémon games satisfy those areas regardless of everything else. So if you’re a person that plays casually for fun, I think you would still enjoy it. Although, by buying the game you are supporting the company that is literally cutting corners left and right with the recent games. Getting it used or borrowed would be a better option if you still want to play the game, but at the same time not support the creators. Since I don’t want to see the decline of the franchise that I grew up to love, I’ll refrain from buying this time. But then again, it didn’t matter too much, as the games already sold 6 million units worldwide during its weekend launch.

https://www.polygon.com/pokemon/2019/11/21/20975776/pokemon-sword-shield-sales-fastest-selling-nintendo-switch-game

Oh, I was also mad how GameFreak lied about the reason for the cut of the dex. Higher quality animations, remodeled Pokémon from scratch? Nope, reused animations and the exact same models, ported from their 3DS counterparts.

^There's been tentative talk about setting up a TV series community watch/rewatch starting in the new year, where we'd cover an episode every week or two weeks. I think that'd be a lot of fun, so hopefully it comes to fruition.

Ooh, that’s pretty neat! It’s set up on the weekends, right?

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'm pretty sure it will be a weekend thing, although we haven't discussed exact dates yet.

Re: Pokémon, I see what you mean. That makes sense. Hmm, for some reason I never knew you were a Pokémon fan. Or maybe it came up in a previous conversation that I don't recall. (Edit: Actually, I remember you telling me you used to watch the show a lot.)

Which Pokémon games have you played?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 01:21:23 AM by StardustSoldier »

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Have you played Pokémon mods before?