The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

DarkWolf's Fanart Thread

DarkWolf91 · 427 · 64258

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
This looks pretty great!  :) The colors look awesome and the overall atmosphere of the picture is very nice. Mo's expression is extremely well done and it adds to the sweet feeling of the picture. The overall layout is quite simple (perhaps there could have been another cliff in the distance or something) but that is made up with such a nice coloring and a beautiful scene. Mo isn't quite my favorite character but scenes like these go a long way in trying to make me change my opinion. Nice job, once again, with this one!

CybertronianBrony

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Amazing picture of Mo! The way you drew him is fantastic! Not only that, the waves shining on Mo's back makes it even more beautiful and even realistic! I just love it!

Also, about the previous picture you made Taunt and Cera, that is awesome too! The faces, the expressions and the details you put the characters are amazing! Also, the background is very well drawn too!
Sorry if I was late for the previous one, but hey, better late than never!

Every picture you make is just amazing! Looking forward to seeing your next art piece! I know it is going to be fantastic!

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Very nicely done.  :) This depiction of him (in particular the eyes and face) really brings out the playful innocence I think, while the blue hues of the water and the emptiness on one side of the drawing imply an unseen, amorphous melancholy, which could serve as a hint of the cultural misunderstanding between him and his land-dwelling friends, or as a reminder of the vast openness of the sea.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

DaveTheAnalyzer

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://davetheanalyzer.dreamwidth.org
This is a very excellent drawing. I like the way you captured Mo in his rare sweet and tender moments as he looks at the starfish. He’s still so recognizably Mo while in another drawing style. I like how the light shines through the surface and onto Mo. The starfish and the glimpse of ground are also great. I’m glad I saw this today.

(Aside: I find it interesting that two of your faves are Shorty, Littlefoot’s adopted brother and Mo, Littlefoot’s mud brother. It brought to mind the…awkwardness that might ensue if they meet. There might be some tension from Shorty and he might be a bit territorial over Littlefoot. Though Mo might head off any conflict by throwing mud on Shorty and declaring him a mud brother as well. I’m unsure of how Shorty might respond but I’m picturing him being both bemused and pleased.)

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
Aww, he is so cute here. Well done!

I like Mo too. :)

Heheh, thanks :D

This looks pretty great! :) The colors look awesome and the overall atmosphere of the picture is very nice. Mo's expression is extremely well done and it adds to the sweet feeling of the picture. The overall layout is quite simple (perhaps there could have been another cliff in the distance or something) but that is made up with such a nice coloring and a beautiful scene. Mo isn't quite my favorite character but scenes like these go a long way in trying to make me change my opinion. Nice job, once again, with this one!

Thanks! Glad to spread the Mo appreciation :D And thanks for the suggestion- a cliff in the background would have been a good idea!

Amazing picture of Mo! The way you drew him is fantastic! Not only that, the waves shining on Mo's back makes it even more beautiful and even realistic! I just love it!

Also, about the previous picture you made Taunt and Cera, that is awesome too! The faces, the expressions and the details you put the characters are amazing! Also, the background is very well drawn too!
Sorry if I was late for the previous one, but hey, better late than never!

Every picture you make is just amazing! Looking forward to seeing your next art piece! I know it is going to be fantastic!

Thanks very much for the kind comments! Hopefully I'll have a lot more time to post art this summer :D

Very nicely done. :) This depiction of him (in particular the eyes and face) really brings out the playful innocence I think, while the blue hues of the water and the emptiness on one side of the drawing imply an unseen, amorphous melancholy, which could serve as a hint of the cultural misunderstanding between him and his land-dwelling friends, or as a reminder of the vast openness of the sea.

Thank you, Rhombus! His face was difficult to get right, I'm glad it worked out :smile
And true- despite its wonders, the sea is a vast and dangerous place. Perhaps this is why the waterkin have to keep such a playful outlook on things :lol It was very weird to draw Mo alone here, as they seem like an inherently social group.

This is a very excellent drawing. I like the way you captured Mo in his rare sweet and tender moments as he looks at the starfish. He’s still so recognizably Mo while in another drawing style. I like how the light shines through the surface and onto Mo. The starfish and the glimpse of ground are also great. I’m glad I saw this today.

(Aside: I find it interesting that two of your faves are Shorty, Littlefoot’s adopted brother and Mo, Littlefoot’s mud brother. It brought to mind the…awkwardness that might ensue if they meet. There might be some tension from Shorty and he might be a bit territorial over Littlefoot. Though Mo might head off any conflict by throwing mud on Shorty and declaring him a mud brother as well. I’m unsure of how Shorty might respond but I’m picturing him being both bemused and pleased.)

Thank you! And... I actually never thought of that before! I might have to draw Shorty and Mo interacting now :lol

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yaaaay  :lol

I wasn't expecting Mo of all characters, you definitely surprised me there and, as always, your work shines ^^spike

It's kept rather simple but that is not an issue at all. As far as I'm concerned, I think the bg works. I mean... it's a very realistic approach to paint an underwater scene... and many areas down there are just... rather empty :p

Mo looks a bit sketchy but that's totally alright in my book, I'm just glad you took your time to create this wonderful painting of him! The colours look great btw :yes
Inactive, probably forever.

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Thanks, Ducky! I must have missed that comment :D

Um... All of my art is hosted by photobucket, so I'm not sure why it's still displayed properly. (Can everyone else still see it?)

Regardless I will have to find a different site for future uploads. I am trying to post something tonight, so hopefully I'll find it soon :D

Midnight

• Freaking Rawr!
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://icedragonnet.blogspot.com.ar/
I can still see some of your pictures, mate (particularly those on the earlier pages).

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Ok! Well I'm using Imgur for now, might slowly switch the hosting of my older images :D

For now, here's my entry for the fanart prompt:

This guy is from the tenth movie, and I always catch sight of him in the crater. He's very... interesting :lol

Here's a screenshot of him:

Midnight

• Freaking Rawr!
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://icedragonnet.blogspot.com.ar/

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Thsys fantastic the colors are breathtaking great job with this Drawing.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
You gotta wonder what was happening during the development of the film. Here they are just reusing or recoloring a bunch of longnecks and one artist was like "I'm gonna make a spotted one!" :lol

I love the picture and I look to your art for possible ways to improve myself. Like the shading and lightening around the thigh to give it the bulging appearance (I take it you're supposed to learn that in an introduction with drawing fruit or something but since I'm jumping right into things, this is the closest example that comes to mind). I'm also taking a good look at the grass and how it's colored, with the wave like nature of light and dark shades to give it the "blowing in the wind" feel, coupled with the random dark individual blades accented in (is that what you would call it? or accentuate maybe?) to show that it is indeed grass.

Great job!

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
I forget what species that is that was classified him as on the wiki. Let me think...
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Very nice picture! As usual, the drawing is spot-on and I really like the longneck's expression! I'm not a fan of his design due to the very unlikely coloring but that's just the film.  ;) He seems much younger in the picture which is a good thing imo but in any case, great job with the drawing as always!  :yes

DaveTheAnalyzer

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Nice painterly piece of fanart. From what I gleam from this forum's glossary and the LBT wiki, he is a Saltasaurus. I believe we also see his kind in movie 14 with Bron's integrated herd. The longneck is younger/chibier than the screenshot of that character you use as a example, but I don't mind and he's a very faithful depiction of how his species is designed/colored species in the movie. The shading and lighting is also great, and I like the blades of grass we can see. I like his expression, he seems to be cutely sad about something. I hope he gets to cheer up. Great job.

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Very nice!
Thsys fantastic the colors are breathtaking great job with this Drawing.

Thanks, guys :D

You gotta wonder what was happening during the development of the film. Here they are just reusing or recoloring a bunch of longnecks and one artist was like "I'm gonna make a spotted one!" :lol

I love the picture and I look to your art for possible ways to improve myself. Like the shading and lightening around the thigh to give it the bulging appearance (I take it you're supposed to learn that in an introduction with drawing fruit or something but since I'm jumping right into things, this is the closest example that comes to mind). I'm also taking a good look at the grass and how it's colored, with the wave like nature of light and dark shades to give it the "blowing in the wind" feel, coupled with the random dark individual blades accented in (is that what you would call it? or accentuate maybe?) to show that it is indeed grass.

Great job!

I know, right? He really stands out :smile

Thanks! Good shading is definitely one of the more challenging parts of drawing. There's no real right way to learn how to do it, but looking at pictures and observing objects definitely helps to figure out how light works :yes

But most of the time... I just kind of eyeball it :lol

without any more words: bravo!

Thanks!

I forget what species that is that was classified him as on the wiki. Let me think...

Saltasaurus, according to DaveTheAnalyzer!

Very nice picture! As usual, the drawing is spot-on and I really like the longneck's expression! I'm not a fan of his design due to the very unlikely coloring but that's just the film. wink.gif He seems much younger in the picture which is a good thing imo but in any case, great job with the drawing as always! :yes

Thank you! I don't mind the coloring so much- kind of reminds me of a Giraffe :lol

Nice painterly piece of fanart. From what I gleam from this forum's glossary and the LBT wiki, he is a Saltasaurus. I believe we also see his kind in movie 14 with Bron's integrated herd. The longneck is younger/chibier than the screenshot of that character you use as a example, but I don't mind and he's a very faithful depiction of how his species is designed/colored species in the movie. The shading and lighting is also great, and I like the blades of grass we can see. I like his expression, he seems to be cutely sad about something. I hope he gets to cheer up. Great job.

Thanks very much! I kind of ran out of room so I changed his proportions a bit... should have just made the drawing area larger :lol
Yeah, it was a little weird that there only seemed to be one of his kind at the crater. Maybe his species are mostly from too far away for convenient travel to the dream location... or maybe there were actually a few of them and they all just look exactly the same :smile

DaveTheAnalyzer

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkWolf91,Jul 1 2017 on  11:28 AM
Thanks very much! I kind of ran out of room so I changed his proportions a bit... should have just made the drawing area larger :lol
Yeah, it was a little weird that there only seemed to be one of his kind at the crater. Maybe his species are mostly from too far away for convenient travel to the dream location... or maybe there were actually a few of them and they all just look exactly the same :smile
Actually, I checked later in movie 10 when those sharpteeth came and two Saltasauruses could be seen standing at the crater ridge with Grandma Longneck as someone warns her not to go down there. There could be others in the background or on the ridge during the eclipse climax, but I don't feel like trawling through the movie at the moment to note number and kinds of background species. :p

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: DaveTheAnalyzer,Jul 1 2017 on  01:00 PM
Quote from: DarkWolf91,Jul 1 2017 on  11:28 AM
Actually, I checked later in movie 10 when those sharpteeth came and two Saltasauruses could be seen standing at the crater ridge with Grandma Longneck as someone warns her not to go down there. There could be others in the background or on the ridge during the eclipse climax, but I don't feel like trawling through the movie at the moment to note number and kinds of background species. :p
Good to know! So there was at least one other Saltasaurus present :D

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Interesting choice  :lol

I think my idea will be based on movie 10 as well, just need to draw it and not fail... but probbaly going to fail anyway since that always happened when I tried to draw that character #totallynotaspoiler  :p

Inactive, probably forever.