The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

BioShock

General Grievous

• Spike
    • View Profile
I was wondering if anyone here has played BioShock on the Xbox 360 and if so, is it any good?  I hear it was a good game but I also heard that it was really, really freaky.  I saw the trailer for it and while it looks good, I think it may be a bit to gory for my liking.  I heard it got the Game of the Year award though.  So would anyone recommend it if they have played it?

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I actually have it but haven't gotten around to playing it yet. The game flat out looks awesome, and I can't wait to try it out.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I have a friend who's played it but didn't like it too much.  He said there was too much pointless killing.  I have no opinion of the game myself cuz I've never personally played it! B)

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I heard it was a great game, but had a pretty bad ending. I can't really say what I think of it because I never played it. I have watched demos though, and it does look interesting, but I'd have to see a lot more before I decide how I feel about the game.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
This game is amazing.  The graphics are incredible.  The plot is pretty good too.  The game is very dark but it is great.  There are two different endings.  There is a good ending and a bad ending.  Your friend must have gotten the bad ending.  Anyway, BioShock rocks.  I wouldn't recomend it to anyone who gets sick at the sight of blood but I like it.

General Grievous

• Spike
    • View Profile
I finaly got to play it and it is AMAZING!  This has to be the best science fiction game ever.  Period.  The combat system is incredible and the plasmids are just plain cool.  I mean, what isn't cool about throwing stuff and setting things on fire with your mind?  I also like hypnotizing Big Daddies so they will protect me.

Loofah

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I buy the US version of this game on X-Box 360 because the half of shooter¥s in Germany are censored. :angry:
It is a great game, I could finish it only 1 times, at my second run my X-Box show me only the 3 red Led¥s. :angry:  :angry:

Mornai

• Petrie
    • View Profile
The game is awesome, i've played it and it is indeed great! I'd recommend it to most people unless as f-14 ace said, you don't like the sight of blod or killing.

General Grievous

• Spike
    • View Profile
Yeah.  I thought it was better than Halo.  Then again, so was Call of Duty 4 and Mass Effect.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Did anyone hear they are making a sequel?  I think it is going to be released next year.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Update for the latest version of Bioshock. As of mid October, Bioshock will be ported to PS3 with apparent downloadable content and side missions. Seeing as I neither own a 360 nor is my computer powerful enough to handle the PC version, Bioshock is hitting European shelves around the 24th October. Apparently, the co-developer of the game was taken over so I'm assuming that it was their decision to release the port on ps3 and 2K Boston obviously didn't mind. Either way...

I'M HAPPY!  :^.^:  :DD

Spartanguy88

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I played this game several months back. It actually scared me at parts. My favorite plasmid has to be the ice one or the target dummy.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I've played about 40% the way thru the 360 version (my friend's got it). There have since been new plasmids available for download from like Sonic Boom (think using the force push) and Wind Trap (sends any idiot that steps on it flying 3 miles UPWARDS! Great fun to watch  :lol ) There hasn't been much said as to any new plasmids or anything. All I know is that there are side missions and challenges aside from the main plot.

I played this game several months back. It actually scared me at parts

I know what you mean. Some of the enemies, especially the Big Daddies, can be really creepy.  :^.^:

General Grievous

• Spike
    • View Profile
They have a trailer for Bioshock 2 now.  Still can't tell what it is about though. :cry  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nj2hewPBQh0

Anyway the sonic boom plasmid is real good against security bots and spider splicers.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I recently got Bioshock for PS3 and have since completed it. Is it true there are alternative endings depending on whether you choose to save or harvest the Little Sisters? I played it through on Medium difficulty saving all the Little Sisters. Does harvesting them generate a different ending? I've seen the teaser trailer for Bioshock 2: Sea of Dreams. Looks wickid and can't wait to see more!  :DD

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I didn't get it since I heard part of the copy protection is it can only be installed x times on a pc and that is it.    As for the endings, not sure if it works this way, but someone on one of the pc video game podcasts I listen to said to get the good ending you have to save ALL of the little sisters.  He explained if you did away with the first 1 or 2, then have a change of heart you 'll still get the bad ending.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I did the dishonourable thing and looked it up. (Damn you Youtube!) :( Apparently there are 3 endings (but only 2 videos). I've seen the best ending but I don't think I can muster the willpower to actually kill off the Little Sisters having discovered the plot. For the really bad ending, you have to kill the Little Sisters. For the sorta bad ending, you have to kill a few (then realise what you're doing) then save a few. It plays the same bad ending video but the overtone is a little more saddened rather than outright anger of the actual bad ending. I've started again on Hard mode now and I've just reached Arcadia...Big Daddies have reinvested the fear factor in me when going to fight them coz they take flippin' forever to battle with!  :blink: That and your EVE consumption is worrying coz it takes SO much for just a single Electro Bolt!

On that note of plasmids and tonics, what do you tend to go into battle with? For plasmids, I tend to use Electro Bolt, Incinerate, Sonic Boom and Telekinesis (and what ever fills the last slot, normally Winter Blast). For the Tonics, I tend to use whatever helps along the healing process and the invisibility tonic (excellent for sneaking about and hiding if you trip the alarm). For defensive I use Electric Flesh so you shock the enemy if they decide to get too close...saves having to use the plasmid thus saving on EVE.