The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

GOF Brawl Matches & Mario Kart Races

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Quote from: action9000,Apr 30 2008 on  10:35 PM
Ahh, that was some good gaming tonight LF1616! :D
Sorry I had to bail on ya.  Got a phone call to run off and get food. B)
yeah that was great fun! I played appalling the first few races. Kept getting owned by the other drivers' items. One guy aerial tackled me over a jump and kicked me off the track! Was not happy  :mad  :DD I came in after work and just checked a message I got thru from KK23 (btw, I've added you now buddy ;) ) and I noticed you where online Action. Thought "even though it's 1.30am, don't think the folks will mind be having a few races"  :lol

Look forward to doing it again. Hopefully we can get more people to join in  :^.^:

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Right, seriously need to kick this arrangement into gear! What's people's plans for this coming weekend? If you've got the time we all need to get some MK Kart/Brawl matches sorted out. I'm working late over the weekend but not that that matters too much, by the time I finish work, you guys over the Great Pond will just be thinking about what to have for dinner  :^.^:

Between Fri and Sun this week, let me know which days you guys are most free and we'll arrange the gaming sesh! Then we can decide the weapons for battle!  ;) I'll set up the servers for the given games depending on people's flexibility.  :^.^:

kjeldo

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://halolz.com
i'll joining you guys soon! :yes

i'll take dry bones when i gonna racing till the bone!
just have fun winning as long as it can! :^.^:

'filling his kart with fuel and change his tires'

no realy, don't try to win from me!

i'm just kidding with that last, :DD

i'm not in for SSBB brawl matches,

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Between Fri and Sun this week, let me know which days you guys are most free and we'll arrange the gaming sesh! Then we can decide the weapons for battle! I'll set up the servers for the given games depending on people's flexibility.
I'll post up my schedule for the weekend as soon as I know it...probably can do that for ya sometime tonight or tomorrow.

[EDIT] Here's what I know so far:
Thursday, late evening (probably too late for you, LF1616)
Friday all day
Saturday I'm out (Work all day)
Sunday....unknown schedule.  I won't know until saturday.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
tomorrow after school will be the only time for me cause im leaving for Cuba on Friday. Not sure how much i can even play on Thursday cause i got to finish packing and such. I'll be back on Victoria day (may 19th).

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I don't know when I'd be avaliable, but I haven't gotten the Wii online yet.  I want to now, though...

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Without jumping to too much of a conclusion, I'm gonna say that Friday's gonna be our best bet. I can log on after work (provided the clean up at the end of the night doesn't take forever  :P: ) so I'm looking at about 2am my time (GMT+0). This board is about 6hrs behind my time so it should be around 8pm by this board's local time. Since Mario Kart is the latest buzz for most players here, I recommend we go with that for starters. I'll be logging on about 8pm (local board time) so feel free to jump on and we'll see how it goes from there!

Looking forward to gaming with y'all! ;)

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Man...sorry I haven't been around at all lately.  With my schedule these days, I'm working or at school nearly every evening for the next few weeks.  :blink:

Here is my upcoming schedule so I can do my best to work with everyone.  I am listing all of the times when I am not either at work nor at school and can probably schedule some game time in.

Sunday, 11: After 6:15pm
Monday, 12: Before 4:30pm, after 9:15pm
Tuesday, 13: Before 5pm, after 9pm
Wed. 14: Anytime
Thurs. 15: Before 5pm, after 9pm
Fri.16: before 4:30pm, after 9:15pm
Sat. 17: not free all day (work in the morning/afternoon, Nightwish concert in evening)
Sun. 18: After 6pm
Mon. 19: After ~5pm.  This one is very uncertain at this point.
Tues. 20: Before 5pm, after 9pm
Wed. 21: Before 4:30pm, after 9:15pm
Thurs. 22: Before 5pm, after 9pm
Fri. 23: Before 4:30pm, after 9:15pm
Sat. 24: After 9:15pm
Sun. 25: After 6pm
Mon. 26: Anytime
Tues. 27: Before 5pm, after 9pm
Wed. 28: Before 4:30pm, after 9:15pm
Thurs. 29: Before 5pm, after 9pm
Fri. 30: Before 4:30pm, after 9:15pm
Sat. 31: After 9:15pm

See my problem?  :(  Total of five days where I have any kind of evening, and only two where I have a full evening (between 5 and 9 pm) free.  I have bolded those days above.
Sorry, all.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
That's cool Action. In the end, no one ended up online despite the fact I waited up til about 3.30am that night  :( Oh well, don't matter. I understand people have their lives to live and gaming is not a major factor to ensure personal survival  :^.^: Given a little more of a crowd I'm sure we can arrange a play time. Maybe if we could arrange a specific time and day a week we could all try to link up with. Make it more of a GOF gamers night (or day) so that way we can just jump online and hopefully someone would be there. Given time differences to link up with the US/Canada etc, I'm limited to evenings (my local time) but I'm free most of them.

If anyone has a regular timetable or a time slot in their week they can set aside or know they have a free moment (or few hours  :DD ) to game online, let me know so we can come to some sort of an agreement. ;)

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Sorry about that, LF1616!  As it turned out, my day off yesterday was devoted to taking care of countless errands.  <_<

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
What you need to do is set a camcorder or something to record this so we can see who the GOF brawl master is. :D

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
What you need to do is set a camcorder or something to record this so we can see who the GOF brawl master is.
I could always webcam-record it. :p

(Remind me to do that next time!)

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: action9000,May 15 2008 on  04:11 PM
Sorry about that, LF1616!  As it turned out, my day off yesterday was devoted to taking care of countless errands.  <_<
It's ok Action. I understand these things happen from time to time. No biggie! I still want this arrangement to happen though. I've been on Brawl a few nights now getting used to the slight delay between character action and button pressing. Since I'm the one ahead of given time, I'm waiting for other people's input so I can adjust to them. Once people know their game plan we can get the games running properly.  :D

What you need to do is set a camcorder or something to record this so we can see who the GOF brawl master is

I was thinking about this the other day when Brawling online. Maybe we could film the replay of matches and then find a way of airing them here. But obviously, we need the players before any recording can begin. ;)

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Things should be a little more normal for me in 3 or 4 days...here's hoping we can figure out somethin' in the near future. :)

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
This is Not going to die!
Let's game on, people! :D  :wow

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I might be able to join up with you tomorrow Tim if im not too busy, and maybe Monday as well. Im up for Mario Kart, Brawl, or PC games. Actually, we could try playing Emulators online as well (I still have Zbattle.net since that old topic and wanna give it a try).

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Actually, we could try playing Emulators online as well
That's true, I need to see if my ZSNES + ZBattle.net programs work on this computer. :p I haven't used them in ages!

I might be able to join up with you tomorrow Tim if im not too busy, and maybe Monday as well.
Monday would be awesome for me.  Tomorrow...I work 11-6 pm then I have to attend a training session after work, then I'm going out with a few of my buddies from work so I may not be home until fairly late.

I'm game for monday though!

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Well, im available between 3:30pm and ~6:30pm, but im not sure if im going to be busy or not.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Well, im available between 3:30pm and ~6:30pm, but im not sure if im going to be busy or not.
If you're busy, no worries.  No need to put our lives on hold for a little GoF gaming. B)

We'll see how it goes.  I'll be in touch.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'm free on Monday seeing as it's a Bank Holiday here on that day. I've got a bit of travelling to do but that shouldn't be any impediment on you guys seeing as it will be anti-social hours for you guys anyway :D Still, I'm up for it if you're all willing to accept one more ;)