The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Audiosurf

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I dunno if any one hear has heard of this game at all. First off, though it may look like a racing game, its actually a puzzle game. You conrtol a ship that rides on a track, while hitting colored squares that are on the track. Make 3 or more of the same color touch to form any type of shape to make them dissappear and earn points. So where does the music come into all of this? Well the track your riding "is" the song. The layout of the track is determined by what song you choose to play. During faster sections of the song, the track will be going downwards and squares will be coming faster, slower sections would be uphill so your ship will slow down. Also, the colors that are worth more points (red, yellow) will occur more frequently during fast sections, lower point colors, like blue and purple, will be more common in slower sections. The tack will also do a wave type motion to the beat of the song. Now, the best part about this game, is that you can choose ANY SONG that you have, the game will read it and create the track based of of your song. Heres a video of a couple of songs to show you what its like.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=JROWtJgdHkY

If you still don't believe that you can play any song, heres a video of me playing one, this should remove any doubts.
http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-4402544515716224979
Make sure you turn your volume up a bit for my video as its kinda quite.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I've seen this before.  I played around with it a little but I haven't used it in quite awhile.  It's kinda cool, I'll admit. :)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I've heard a bit about it, but no real details.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Its a fun game to come back to once and a while. Ive never really liked the puzzle genre much, but i really enjoy this game.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I have heard that many do like it.

The Dark Patriot

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Bought it recently...and I like! Gives me something better to do when I want to listen and game at the same time, but don't want to use my rather sucky MP3 player (iPod died after a bit of a soaking... :( ) Some of the stuff I have can be quite a challenge, even though I only play the Mono characters right now (I tend to freeze on the other modes). I think it looks great on max qual+8x AA...though it does lag a little on my new PC (My old one couldn't even try with any AA on). One of my better uses of ten dollars, I think.