The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Battlefield: Bad Company

Spartanguy88

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I had rented this game and I am pleased to say that it's incredible.

Story

The game is set in the near future (2010 is my best guess) and there is a fictional war going on between the United States and Russia. You play as Preston Marlow, a soldier who has just been sent to the 222nd Army Battalion; AKA: Bad Company, "Where they scrape all of the left overs and rejects deemed expendable by the Army." Yet the reason why Preston was sent there wasn't explained.  <_<

He is placed in a four man squad along with hard nosed Sgt. Redford, Southern drawl Haggard, and Italian voiced loudmouth Sweetwater. These characters are absolutely hilarious with each other, you'd have to listen to them at some point. The team is sent on several missions to aid US forces, until they run into a Mercenary group called the Leggionaires. And they only pay in gold bars...

This promts the squad to go AWOL to find their big stash of gold. This all ensues in hilarious exploits, like taking a crazed dictator's helocopter, or single handedly invading a neutral country...

Quick Wrap Up

The game had pretty good controls in my opinion, and the enemies are both stupid and smart. (Standing out in the open, blowing holes into cover areas) Graphics and sound is amazingly well done.

Awsome game. Period.

Grade

A-

The Dark Patriot

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Laying waste to the landscape is always fun in my opinion  :DD

The grenade launcher is your friend in this one, I say.  :D

Spartanguy88

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah that, and this picture is absolute proof that Wal Mart will eventually sell hand grenades...

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
My brother just ordered this and it's supposed to be coming tomorrow. I haven't seen much of it but I'll ring in my verdict once I get to play it :) From what I've heard, it's good fun and the script is a laugh riot!  :lol The destruction engine is supposed to be very impressive (i.e. an entire building can be leveled after a certain amount of damage (all rendered and shown in real time))

I've heard good things about it but I'm never one to listen to too many professional critics. Gotta try it for myself to be totally sure! ;)

The Dark Patriot

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Not quite - you can't destroy the frames of buildings. It's still fun to have someone hiding behind a wall, and you simply blow the wall away with a well-placed grenade, I think. Watch him run XD! Sometimes, I think I love blowing stuff up too much... (as the entire village vanishes under the might of my mortar designator)

Spartanguy88

• Ducky
    • View Profile
^LOL

Just as Haggard says, "No need using the door; just make your own!"

My favorite thing about this game is the verbal chemistry between Sarge, Haggard, and Sweetwater.

The Dark Patriot

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Heh, Haggard:

"I remember when I blew up my first tank. Mmm-mm!"

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Me  WANT!  :wow
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

Keni

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/~sorawtk
I'm getting an Xbox 360 soon and this one is on my list of Must Have 360 games. From the previews it seems hilarious XD

Spartanguy88

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I have yet to try out multiplayer, but I've heard that the new game type, Gold Rush, is awsome.

For those of you who don't know what it's about...

There are two teams: one attacking, and one defending. The attacking team has to conquer the enemy's bases by destroying two gold crates in each base to advance to the next base. And the defenders have to, well, defend the crates.

Best Single Player Moment:

When Haggard runs down a hill firing his shotgun screaming: "THERE'S GOLD UP IN THEM THAR HILLS!!!!" :lol   :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cwUnNsWwj8&feature=related

(Not my video)