The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

MGS4 Guns of the Patriots

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hey.
I just bought MGS4 today, and I gotta say it's awsome!
I've never played any of the earlier MGS games, but I've played the Splinter Cell games. So I thought I should try MGS.
I've spent some time reading about the earlier games, so I kinda got the hang of the story.

But if we should leave the story aside...

First off, the graphics are among the best I've ever, ever seen in a game.
The animations looks astonishing real, and the enviroments are great!
A good taste of this, is Snake's camoflauge suit, which is ¸bercool!

I really like the voice actors. Snake sure sounds real bada**!

It's great in that way, that you can both use stealth, but if you want to fire away, go ahead. It works great that way to, and the weapons are awsome!
From Full- Auto carbines, to hi-tech stealth tranqulizer guns.

The atmossphere of the surrondings are awsome.
I've just played trough the first levels, and had to keep my eyes open all the time, becasue the level was a freaking war zone!

As with many stealth games, MGS4 has it's funny moments for the player.
Not only in cinematics, but listen to this;

While I was playing trough the first levels, I did some practise with the Stealth suit.
I was crawling on the floor when the ! showed up.
That means you've been spotted.
I thought, "Okay... better lay still..."
So I layed down and activated the stealth camo-suit.
Then a PMC comes walking.
I remain lying on the ground...
He walks pass me...
Then that freaking moron turns straight around and freaking STEPS on me!
Ofcourse, he gets "angry", screams "We have an hostile!!!" and begins to fire his auto-rifle on me and I have to run like crazy to save my ***!  :lol

Great game, even after the first few levels.
I recomend this game to any PS3 owner, even if you haven't played earlier MGS games.
The gameplay and graphics will really get you!

I'll return with more fun moment's if I run into any.  :P:

Talk about the game here!
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I kinda like games where you don't see your characters face better but still the ones where you do are also cool.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I also played a demo for one of the PS2 MGS games I really wasn't too good at it.

Vaan360

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I¥ve played the other games of MGS, and if were anwsome to me, then MGS4 would be perfect. -_-
I saw some trailers, and pictures of MGS4, and let me tell you, you are a very lucky guy <_<

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Ahh! A fellow MGS4 owner! Funny enough, I haven't heard many people raving about MGS4 on here despite previous efforts. I've played it through and completed it once already (took about 26hrs including the movie length cutscreens  :lol ). MGS4 is the pinnicle of the entire MGS series. It wraps up the entire series so well it's practically air-tight. It's huge graphically as well in terms of it's inclusive content.

How far are you through the game Littlefot? You finished it yet?

I kinda like games where you don't see your characters face better but still the ones where you do are also cool.

You can actually play MGS4 completely in 1st person mode if you prefer. But given the natural of the game and how it works, it's more beneficial to have the 3rd person view as you can survey your surroundings a lot easier and prevent yourself from being spotted. Interesting to know that Nika Flutterman (I think her name is) happens to star in MGS4. She has voiced a few LBT characters like Lizzy from #11 and a few guest characters from the TV series. Funny how these VO actors get about huh?  :^.^:

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Awsome Littlefoot1616!

Otacon just dropped me off at Shadow Moses, I'm sitting down in the snow with a cigarette.  :lol
So no, I haven't completed it yet.

Indeed, playing in 3D is way cooler than 1st person.

One part where this game acctually lose parts is, though they are brilliant, the cutscenes. They are sometimes waaay too long.

What? I gotta listen more closley!
 :yes

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
How you progressing with MSG4 Littlefot?! ;)

If you're back at Shadow Moses, you've got one of the greatest fights in gaming history coming up! (that is if you haven't done it already). Let us know about your progression. Would be cool to see how you are getting along with it  :^.^:

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Littlefoot1616,Sep 13 2008 on  03:34 AM
How you progressing with MSG4 Littlefot?! ;)

If you're back at Shadow Moses, you've got one of the greatest fights in gaming history coming up! (that is if you haven't done it already). Let us know about your progression. Would be cool to see how you are getting along with it  :^.^:
I beat the game yesterday!
Man, I gotta say I've had some fun!
I guess I have to play it trough on Hardest now!  :wow

If you mean the fightg with Crying Wolf, it was great! Scary aswell.
Many times she came running out of nowhere, so I had to throw myself straight to the side.

Then we had the fights with Vamp, Liquid etc... Awsome can't sum it up!

Great game, absolutley replay-able!

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Erm...no that wasn't the fight I was talking about but that was a good one too. I was in fact in reference to the fight between the two Metal Gear models. REX vs RAY! I thought that was one of the best fights I've seen for a while. Also getting to nobble Vamp once and for all was a great achievement in itself (once you figure out how to beat him).

Good job on completing it! I'm running through Hard mode myself atm. Up to chapter 3 so far. Not doing too badly but seriously need to work on the stealth! Been spotted far too many times so far...not good!  :D

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Littlefoot1616,Sep 13 2008 on  12:29 PM

Erm...no that wasn't the fight I was talking about but that was a good one too. I was in fact in reference to the fight between the two Metal Gear models. REX vs RAY! I thought that was one of the best fights I've seen for a while. Also getting to nobble Vamp once and for all was a great achievement in itself (once you figure out how to beat him).

Good job on completing it! I'm running through Hard mode myself atm. Up to chapter 3 so far. Not doing too badly but seriously need to work on the stealth! Been spotted far too many times so far...not good!  :D
Oh yes! That was sssssssssssome!

I had a hard time with Vamp, putting that syringe onto him... Anoying as he jumps around like another frog!

---------------

I'm currently at the very beginning of Act3.
I've completed Act 1 and 2 with a total of 25 alerts! I'm very proad!  :D  (big boss hard)
Time to do some stalking...  B)