The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Well I finally got Dawn of the Dragon.  If you ask me, this is the best Spyro game to date.  The gameplay and the story are awesome. I like that you can fly whenever you want now, and being able to play as Cynder is pretty cool too.  Overall this is a pretty good game.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Its a fairly short game. I best it in 2 days, which may be the fastest I've ever beaten a  game in 1 sitting.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Loofah

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I needed around 16 hours to get the 100%, i think the length is Ok for such kind of Games. It¥s the best Spyro Game from the LoS Trillogy, but not the best Spyro ever in my opinion.

Littlefoot90

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://lbtwelt.npage.ch/
I find the Spyro game all right. Very much send from the graphic and surroundings and am only at 12 per cent of 100.  :D

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I needed around 16 hours to get the 100%
That is so not fair! I beat the game between 25 hours and 25 and a half hours but only unlocked 97%. And I thought I was really good at that game...

I had to beat it alone since two of my brothers think Spyro games are stupid, and the other one only likes the PlayStation 1 trilogy, and I don't have any friends that can come over. When I started the game, I decided to pick my favorite playable character and max her powers out completely then start the other. So for more than the first half of the game, I only played as Cynder except when you temporarily need to do something with both, like have one hang on to something then switch back and have the other one tow him somewhere. Or if Cynder was right about to die. Then I'd have Spyro find some red crystals and then it would be back to Cynder.

Warning: For those who haven't played the game or beaten it yet, the paragraph below contains spoilers. Read at your own risk!

Out of every breath attack in the game, my favorite and one used most often by me was Cynder's secondary wind attack. Becoming a tornado lets you move very fast, only certain enemies can still hurt you when you are like this, and it causes so much damage to everyone around you. I played the XBOX 360 version where different amounts of combos earn you more points. I think the max combo is 350 or 400, somewhere around there if I remember correctly, and when there are a dozen small enemies nearby, and you use it and keep tapping the button to enter turbo mode, I almost got a 450 hit combo. I love how there were so many cutscenes and voice overs the entire time. I loved the ending, but it makes you wonder who the next fire elder will be now that Ignitus is the new Chronicler. And since it showed them being in love at the end, I hope the next games revolve around their child or children. Maybe they can have a daughter and the game will focus on a female dragon finding her purpose in the world?

But there was just one confusing thing about that game. I call it "The Black Dragon Mystery." It didn't make sense at all to me so maybe someone can clear it up for me. The Chronicler said that almost all dragon types are a master of one element, the exception being purple. Now when Cynder gets her four powers-wind, fear, poison, and shadow- it is explained that each one came from her exposure to darkness, so none of them were her natural element. It never says what power a black dragon is a master of! Every power she has was an after effect from evil. So what breath can she learn on her own that the game doesn't seem to mention? Red dragons- fire. Blue- ice. Green- earth. Yellow- Lightning. Purple- all four. Black- ??? What are black dragon's specialty? It drives me crazy. What power does her kind learn on their own? If any Spyro expert knows what a black dragons power is, please tell me.

Other than that, eveything made sense and was a pleasure to play. It is my favorite Spyro game, because other than windy parts, you can actually FLY not GLIDE, so I really enjoyed it during the rare times I used it. I prefer to be on the ground and usually only flew when necessary. Still, having the option at all times was great! Not many games actually show your armor like Oblivion and Fall Out 3, so actually seeing a visible difference with each piece of armor was splendid. I rate it a 7/10 because the camera had almost no control and was responsible for making the game much harder for me, and that your physical strength doesn't upgrade like your breaths. So no matter what happens, ever new level will require more time to claw an opponent to death. Toward the end, clawing was rarely useful since it took so long and getting near some enemies too long spelled death. Great game overall and seemed to improve on just about every Spyro game aspect. I still like seeing how quickly I can beat Malefor. Later!

platvoetje

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/monsterhunterkill
i beated the game in 15:43 hours. :D
i liked the armor's.
i found the part of the game where you must destroy the towers really boring.
it was running, fighting and repairing.
but anyway it was a good game my favourite spyro game will always be...
the one on the ps1 ummm.. :lol  i forgot the name.. umm spyro the dragon.
i loved it as a child and i still do i have 50 hours of playing on that one :D

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I loved this game!  The ending was so amazing, as was the song at the credits!
To be honest, I spent most of the time maxing out Cynder, too.  And did anyone notice the multiple Lord of The Rings Cameos?  The Siege Tower level and the Volcano were the most obvious.  
Fury Armor Owns all!  Only have it for Cynder, but still.

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
It took me a couple of days to get to the final story mode and then a couple more days to get everything to a hundred percent. I had forgotten how difficult it was to collect things.

I found the game to be quite amazing. Being able to fly was fun as was being able to play as Cynder and Spyro. Not to mention it was nice having all of your elements available at the start rather then having to collect them over the course of the game.

I liked the tornado attack, too. Mainly because it could be used to quickly build up your fury bar.  :smile

platvoetje

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/monsterhunterkill
my fav attack was definatly the shadow attacks with cynder. :smile
i always like dark and black powers/magic.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
there wil be more games in the storyline that is virtually certain. So we'll see more of Spyro, Cynder, Ignitus and the others. The only question is, when dioes the next game come out?
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Sharptooth, it is believed that Cynder originally was a wind dragon, she is a master of Wind. There is no mention of a Wind Guardian in the story so far, although it is possible that he/she might have been killed in the war that took place after the raid on the temple by Gaul and his forces, while Spyro was growing up safe and secure in the swamp. the other attacks, poison, fear and Shadow are residues from her evil upbringing by Malefor, gaul and others.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Thanks for letting me know! I did wonder what wind had to do evil. Besides, now that you mention it, wind is the only actual element she has anyway. Poison, fear, and shadow aren't elements of nature like the others and the only ones that sound evil so those must be the evil powers Cynder has. That is actually perfect then. If they have a child, that means he or she can probably use five elements, four from Spyro and one from Cynder. Can't wait to see what color they would make with offspring! I hope they get a new fire guardian for the next game now that Ignitus is the Chronicler. Maybe a girl guardian for a change. I might be mistaken, but none of the guardians appear to be a female. For future games, I can't wait so see Spyro fully grown. A New Beginning spoiled that surprise for Cynder though. I look forward to the next chapter. Later!

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Cynder appears to be the only female in the game to date, which is a complaint by many Spyro fans.  as for having offspring, I think the most abilities he/she can wield are four, as that is the most Spyro or Cynder can wield. The child will not be purple, since they don't come along very often, once every ten generations, or anywhere from 200 to 500 years, depending on how long you consider a generation to be. I personally believe Spyro to be very slightly older than Cynder, at most a day, but thats my guess. And their child would not be born for at least 6 years, given that they are both around 15 years old in DOTD. Cynder will probably appear quite different as an adult then she did in ANB, since she was corrupted by Malefor.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these: