The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Super Mario Galaxy 2

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The sequel to the incredibly popular Super Mario Galaxy has arrived.  Say hello to Super Mario Galaxy 2.

Image Source: http://www.gamerankings.com/wii/960551-sup...xy-2/index.html

Super Mario Galaxy 2 is one of those games where you just need to look at the cover to know it's good.  Why?  Because Yoshi is in it and ANY Mario enthusiast knows that when you put Yoshi into a Mario game, it just makes it better.

Also, the ratings show it to be a contender for Game of the Year.  So yeah, there's a lot to be expected.

I'm getting this game tomorrow during my lunch break.  I can tell that I'm definitely going to enjoy it. :)

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
i'm going to get it too, and i will likely enjoy it.. 5 bucks says peach is kidnapped for no apparent reason :lol:
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I would agree.  I guess they don't know how to be original with their plots.  I guess super princess peach is about the most original they get, where Mario is kidnapped instead.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yeah, Peach does get kidnapped by Bowser yet again.  You really don't need this review to tell you that, but I'm posting it anyways. :)

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-super-mario/100404

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I've played a bit of the first one and it was okay, nothing special though.  So I wont get the second one, and one the reasons is, cause I don't even own a Wii, I had only played the first one at a friend's house.

But a contender for Game of the Year? For the Wii, yes, but all in all, hell no, many other games have already risen high up, like God of War 3, Red Dead Redemption (which I have yet to play), Alan Wake (same as RDR) among other games.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Best Wii game? Yes, best overall game? Thats god of War 3, and theres no comparison..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I still can't say that God of War 3 will be the best game this year, since the year has only started, there are many other games that look like they will do good.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
i meant to date.. :)
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yeah I know what you mean XD

At this given time, I would say for me, it would be God of War 3 as Assassin's Creed 2 was released last year.....

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
i'm probab;y going to get this next week.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Wow!  I've only played it for a day, and it is AWESOME!!

You get everything you would expect from a sequel to the original Super Mario Galaxy.  This game is just unbelievable.

I kind of like how they've contributed Yoshi into this game.  His new moves really come in handy.  For instance, a hot pepper makes him run so fast that he can run up a vertical wall.  There's also enemies that need to be beaten by Yoshi in a very specific way.  Such as one where Yoshi has to wrap his tongue around an enemy and pull.

I'm also liking some of the new abilities.  The classic Fire Flower returns.  Rainbow Mario and Bee Mario also return.  On top of this, the new Drill and Cloud Mario are fun to use.  However, I by far like the new Rock Mushroom the most.  With that, you become a boulder that can roll over just about anything.

Plus, the crazy one of a kind Galaxy controls are just so fun to use.

Best Game of the Year on Wii?  Looking like quite the possibility. :)

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
This is my next big purchase! Gamespot have already reviewed this and given it a 10/10! I loved the first Mario Galaxy and this one looks like it shall not disappoint. The gameplay looks just as fun and challenging as the first with some awesome new additions (including Yoshi of course! Yay Yoshi! :D ). SMG2 doesn't hit European shores for another couple of weeks yet (11th June) but this is one AAA-title I'm gonna be first in line for! ;)

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I just got the game a few hours ago! And it's great!  :)  :DD
I'll admit, I never played the original Galaxy, but I'm glad I bought the sequel.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I beat it!  Wow!  What a final battle. :)

What they saved for last was a pretty good battle.  Taking on Bowser in a black hole that's sucking you both in, and only one can come out the winner. (To anyone who complains about the logic of it, you seriously don't know Mario.) What a great battle.  The battle was rather easy, but it was a lot of fun.

There's no doubt in my mind that this will be THE contender for Game of the Year on Wii.  This one is looking like the winner for Wii this year.

Oh, and another thing I'd like to say, is that this game has made Mario&Peach canon.  They constantly called Peach "Mario's Special One".  That should say plenty. :yes

For now, I'm looking forward to my next purchase, Metroid: Other M. :)

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
I've finished the 70 stars landmark but I'm going for the full 120! Already screamed in frustration at a few of the fiendish challenges some of the worlds has thrown at me. Particularly the bird races. I love the diversity of the worlds in this one although I did prefer the space station acting as a central hub as a means of selecting levels. The new power ups are cool like the Spin Dig Drill and Rock Mario. Still, Yoshi is my favourite addition. The Dash Pepper cracks me up!  :lol I'd say this is a solid contender of Game of the Year. Many official game reviewers have marked it highly and rightly so! Wonderfully crafted and a joy to play (in most instances  :p)

Waluigifan

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.waluigi.de
I played Super Mario Galaxy 2 and it was great! :D I've collected all 242 stars and died 708 times (that's almost three deaths per star). It was a really difficult game (sometimes frustrating), but I kept on collecting new stars.

That's the first 3D Mario game I've ever completely finished, by the way.

Sky

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://hakunaro.deviantart.com
Hey, I got all 242 Stars too!  :lol:
The last one was such a pain. I needed over 100 lives to get the star. >__<
All in all, it was a great game (though, I liked the first one more from the story (if there ever was one)).

Waluigifan

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.waluigi.de
The last one was such a pain. I needed over 100 lives to get the star. >__<

It's easier when you have a second player who controls a Luma. The luma can interfere the enemies. I've only completed the last star with the help of that Luma.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
theres 242 stars?
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
yea, after getting 120 stars and beating the game, another 120 green stars are hidden in the levels (with no hint on where they are). After you get up to 240 stars the Grandmaster Galaxy is opened. After getting the star in that galaxy you have to have 9,999 star bits in the bank to unlock the daredevil run of the Grandmaster galaxy, which is a huge pain.