The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Nintendo at E3

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
NOTE: On request from pokeplayer, here are all his links on Nintendo's announcements at E3 merged into one topic. Enjoy! Littlefoot1616 ;)

E3 has given us new info on plenty of new games for Nintendo, including the brand new anticipated Zelda game which is now officially titled "The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword".

Here's a video of the trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdP_BI4HuE0

It's motion control like you've never had before. :)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
As a Launch Title for the new upcoming 3DS, a new Kid Icarus game is coming out.

Watch the Trailer for Kid Icarus Rising here.

Looks so 8@D@$$!

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I love Kirby and I can't wait for his newest game to come out exclusively for Wii.

Kirby Epic Yarn

What can I say?  I'm a fan. :P:

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Perhaps the BIGGEST announcement Nintendo has given for E3.

Goldeneye for the Wii

We SO should've seen this coming. :D

Sky

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://hakunaro.deviantart.com
Yes! After so many years, Kid Icarus is returning!  :lol:
I'm so gonna get a 3DS. :3

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Oh man!  I SO loved Donkey Kong Country back in the SNES days.  To see a re-imagine of the game, it's just beautiful. :)

Donkey Kong Country Returns

I can now officially say that platforming is back. :)

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
This may actually force me to come out of video gaming retirement.  Talk about awesome! :smile

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Metroid: Other M has been quite anticipated since it was announced.  At E3, it was announced that Metroid: Other M would come out, exclusively for Wii, August 31.

Here's the Trailer to give us all the latest taste of it.
Here's the Trailer to give us all the latest taste of it.

Who would've thought you could combine all those views and make it look so beautiful. :)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
As my final announcement for the E3 2010 from the gaming company I've loved from the beginning, Nintendo, here is the official unveiling of the, much awaited by this forum, Nintendo 3DS.

*Note: Videos from GameTrailers.com.  Certain connections may experience problems and Video Ads may appear.*

History of 3D.

Live Demo Part 1

Live Demo Part 2

Debut Trailer

Staff Testimonials

To be honest, I cannot say I saved the best for last. :P:

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://raptoid.deviantart.com/
I'm pretty dang excited about it!  One thing that irks me though, is how so many people STILL think it's another rehash of the same old DS when it's NOT! (( I rest my case:  http://news.cnet.com/8301-13506_3-20002388-17.html ))  There's an anlog stick, the screen is wider, there's tilt motion detection, and to top it all off, the graphics processor is on par with, if not surpassing that of the Gamecube and Wii!  So yeah, I'm pretty excited about this jumpstart of the next generation in gaming and I welcome it with open arms!

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Cyberlizard,Jun 15 2010 on  09:36 PM
I'm pretty dang excited about it!  One thing that irks me though, is how so many people STILL think it's another rehash of the same old DS when it's NOT! (( I rest my case:  http://news.cnet.com/8301-13506_3-20002388-17.html ))  There's an anlog stick, the screen is wider, there's tilt motion detection, and to top it all off, the graphics processor is on par with, if not surpassing that of the Gamecube and Wii!  So yeah, I'm pretty excited about this jumpstart of the next generation in gaming and I welcome it with open arms!
I can actually understand why based on TWO simple facts.

1: The name is the same as Nintendo DS with a "3" added in.

2: It looks a lot like the DS.

I will admit that they are hard to ignore.  People will be ranting on it like this until they try it, and some won't try it because they are too ignorant to ignore these two facts.

I'll definitely be getting this, though.  New Nintendo stuff like this is just too much for me to ignore. (Yeah, yeah!  Call me a fan if you like!  I don't care!)

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Considering the greedy SOB's at Microsoft destroyed any chance and credibility of RareWare remaking this for Nintendo when they snatched it up, I'm surprised this wasn't thought of earlier. Couple of gripes though. 1. Daniel Craig as 007. Couldn't that have just gotten Pierce Brosnan (the guy who was James Bond in the movie Goldeneye)? I'm sure there is a reason why they chose Craig but it would have been nice if the continuity was there (that and Brosnan is probably my fav Bond any way  :p ) 2. Activision aren't the best people for creating FPS's. Thankfully it's not EA doing it coz their renditions of James Bond games are mediocre at best. As much as I would like a direct translation, I hope enough it changed to give a new edge to the game. One to watch for sure but Goldeneye was a huge hit back in the day, these guys have a lot to live up to.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Good stuff! And a good choice having Retro Studios taking the lead on producing this one. I've only ever played DKC2 Diddy's Quest all the way through but the DKC series is a golden classic! Gameplay looks just as fun and frantic as the previous renditions so this will be a good one to look out for!

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
My previous worries about Metroid Other M was that Team Ninja, despite how stylish and slick their visuals and animations are, would turn this into a 2.5D "run and gun" game. Essentially, Sonic with a plasma cannon. Thankfully, having seen more of the gameplay footage, it looks a lot more detailed than simply sprinting from A to B zapping anything stupid enough to get in your way. There appears to be more 3D elements than Nintendo/Ninja led there to believe from previous demos and trailers which is nice touch. Guess all that's left is to finally get our hands on it and see how Samus handles this time around. Definitely a title I'm looking forward to ;)

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Looks like a Ninty version of the arcade classic shooter Space Harrier. Can't grumble though coz I LOVED Space Harrier!  :smile Looks interesting to say the least and it's kinda surprising it's taken Ninty so long to come up with this considering it's one of their hidden gems.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Nice concept. Kinda reminds me of Yoshi's Story for N64 (in terms of style). The "string" animation effect looks quite good to be honest. As much as I'm never really owned a Kirby adventure game, I've played a few of them (old school and new) and they all great fun. Looks like this one will be no exception. ;)

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
As much as I love the Zelda series, I have a few worries about this one. Firstly, the cel-shaded style has returned. Don't get me wrong when I say that coz I absolutely adored Wind Waker and any one who didn't play it on account of how it looked is seriously missing out! My concern is that the people who shunned Wind Waker because of its cel-shaded style are likely to do the same thing here. Granted, the one thing going for it is that it doesn't look as cartoony as Wind Waker but I hope that alone will be enough to deter the haters from boycotting and shun this upcoming title. Secondly, I watched the live demo of Skyward Sword's gameplay being shown by Mr Nintendo himself, Shigeru Miyamoto. This new Zelda uses the MotionPlus accessory and, to be honest, the sword controls, whilst being greatly expanded, looked untuned and awkward. Incorrect movement registry looked like it could really destroy immersion into this game and just get players frustrated that Link doesn't do as instructed or intended.

That all aside, the mechanics of the Wiimote and Nunchuk as a Sword and Shield pair looks good. All sword movement is grafted to the Wiimote whereby you vertical, horizontal and spin attacks are all dependent on how you swing the Wiimote and at what angle. The shield, rather than a button press this time, is raised and used with movement of the Nunchuk. So to raise the shield, you physically have to lift the Nunchuk. To shunt or bash with the shield, you flick it forwards. Nice new additions that, I reckon, gives more defensive tactics to the shield.

Apparently, Skyward Sword is all but finished yet the release date. However, even though it was scheduled for around Xmas this year, it's now being shunted back to the first quarter of 2011! No real reason as been given for this delay. Still, I'm sure this Zelda will uphold the running genius that all Zelda's have presented over the years...except the CD-i one! That one doesn't count coz Nintendo didn't have anything to do with that one! Thank God!  :p  :lol

For those of you who'd like to check out the live stage demo of Skyward Sword, check out the link below and you can 1. see actual gameplay footage for yourself and 2. see the kind of points I was talking about regarding the efficiency of movement registry. I mean if Miyamoto-san cocks it up, what hope do we have a lowly game players have?!  :lol  :p

Zelda Skyward Sword E3 Stage Demo

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
If I didn't know better, I'd suspect that some bot had taken control of your account Pokeplayer.  I don't see the need for 50 new topics for every single game you come across.  Half the topics on the first page of the gamers zone area are yours now Pokeplayer.  It's getting a little excessive.  Perhaps you should start a new announcement thread or something and bump it every time you want to announce the release of a game.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I've just got to keep going now. :D

Anyways, here's Disney's latest game to come out exclusively for Wii.

Epic Mickey

Disney has been successful with gaming for a long time. (Since the NES days.) I'm hoping this will be yet another success of theirs. :)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Now for E3 Gameplay Footage of Sonic Colors.  For those that denied it would be good, start eating your words. :)

Tropical Resort Gameplay

Sweet Mountain Act 2 Gameplay

From only this, I can say that it's looking good.  Definitely on my "Buy it" List! :)