The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Trap

Akiko Okami

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Okay, let me say this before I post the first two chapters, I started this randomly this morning after I was inspired by the original land before time yesterday. I'm still working with plot ideas as I go along so any suggestions are very welcome.^^  :DD
Alright, so while this starts with a dangerous predator entering the great valley...don't worry, no one will get eaten.  :lol
...yet...
...just kidding.^^
The velociraptor character Gitta is my own so don't steal her.  :p
I in no way own any of the other characters and such, yatta.
The 'tunnel' Gitta enters the valley through is indeed the same one the gang went through upon finding their way. I love revisiting places like that seen in the movies.
Okay, I can't think of anything else to put here so onward with the story, yes-no?

The Trap
Chapter One: A Lone Raptor, A Hidden Paradise.

A lone figure moved silently across the vast landscape, only jagged rocks decorated the earth here, memories of disastrous earthquakes that had not too long ago caused massive panic amongst the herds. The velociraptor sauntered along these empty and deserted plains with her head held high, she was among the dinosaurs to have wound up separated from her pack during the earthquakes. However, she had left out on her own shortly before they happened, her stubborn and dominant nature getting the best of her. In her pack, she was often jealous of the current alpha in command, as she desired the position herself and felt she was more than worthy of it. She had soon regretted wandering off alone when the earth was spilt up and the trails leading home were destroyed. As much as she missed her pack, her natural aggressive nature would never let her express this out loud. Pushing it to the side of her thoughts, Gitta wouldn’t let those little emotions gnaw at her, instead she would prove she was strong enough to survive alone out there. She had wandered like this for quite a while now, and although she longed for companions she kept her attitude and her true emotions well hidden.

As she lunged from rock to rock, her powerful legs proving again to be one of her best weapons, she came to a pause atop a ledge. There in the rocks in front of her was a narrow passageway leading through the mountains. Curious as always, she got closer and craned her neck to peer through the little tunnel, a chorus of soft clicks escaping her as her tail swayed slowly behind her. She was rather young yet, not even quite an adult, and this was half the reason she was so frustrated. As strong as she thought she was the other raptors within her pack wouldn’t take an adolescent seriously as a leader. Her petite size proved useful here, however, as she slowly stepped into the passageway, following her acute sense of smell that was telling her food was near. Although it was a tight squeeze, she managed and as she emerged on the plateau on the other side her ember orange eyes widened with amazement.

She had heard legends and tales of a lush land known to the plant eater’s as “the great valley”, a hidden sanctuary from predators with a luxuriant supply of green foods. Although she sometimes thought this place was indeed only a legend, a story made up by hungry pack mates who would also see such a land as an extraordinary source of food. She often found herself questioning if perhaps it did exist, and now here she stood on a ledge overlooking this mini world within a world, this hidden paradise. A grin spread across her face, her claws tapping against the earth with enjoyment. A paradise with an plant eaters for miles and it was her find, it was all hers.

Chapter Two: Exploring the Valley, Fun and Games.

It was the dawn of a new day in the great valley and the youngsters were gathering in a small grove of trees to plan their activities for the morning. They were a strange group and unlike most of the others in the valley didn’t seem to mind their differences in the least. An apatosaurus, a triceratops, a  saurolophus, a pteranodon and a stegosaurus all playing together made for quite a sight amongst the grazing herds. However, this group of friends had journeyed far together and learned that appearances meant nothing, their friendship was strong and they depended on each other. In a way, they were a mini family, they had found comfort in each other’s company when they needed it the most in the time of the earthquakes. Like Gitta, they too were spilt up from their herds and alone in a strange and terrifying world, they were urged on only by young Littlefoot’s knowledge of the way to the great valley...the way to their home and families.

They had found their way through many hazards and dangers, escaping many just in time and here they were reunited with their parents. Their friendship continued on strong and each day they would meet up to play and plan adventures, and it was this group that stood out so that would catch the attention of the raptor. She was a sleek and cunning predator and she moved through the lush foliage with great ease, careful not to make a sound. As she observed the distant herds her eyes danced with hunger, her instincts overwhelming her now. Since the earthquakes, prey was harder and harder to find and she was growing thin, not a good thing as a well built and well fed raptor was a respected raptor. Gitta’s crimson tan colored skin served as a good camouflage against the towering trees as she stood, hidden and watching, as the young dinosaurs got closer to her and further from the safety of the grazing adults.

The little triceratops raced on ahead, turning sharply as her friends caught up with her, “I win!” she exclaimed, her front right foot touching a tree stump that appeared to be a sort of base. Littlefoot was the next to reach the meeting place and he exchanged a questioning look to Cera, “This wasn’t a race,” he said, and return getting a quick glare from his friend.
“Well I say it was, and I won.” she protested, her tail hiked up in a dominate manner. The apatosaurus merely rolled his eyes and gave a laugh, there was no use to argue with her. The others soon appeared, Petrie landing on a scrawny branch of a nearby tree, unknowingly the very tree Gitta was standing near.
As Spike caught up, his adoptive sister Ducky lunged off his back and ran towards the others, waving her arms and laughing, “Cera always wins, yep yep yep!” she proclaimed, a comment that caused the little three horn to puff out her chest with pride, a grin spread across her face, “Hee!”
As they each settled into a comfy spot on the grass Spike took to grazing upon the plants growing around the edge of the meeting place.
“So what we play today?” Petrie asked, moving from the branch to Littlefoot’s head, which happened to be his favorite place to perch. They all seemed to think on this question for a moment.
“How about...” Cera started, a hint of playful aggression in the tone of her voice, “...sharptooth!” this caused a shrill scream from Ducky, who quickly scrambled atop Spike’s back again, looking truly fearful. the others looked at her wide eyes with confused expressions, after all it was only a game. She pointed at the bushes to the side of them, at first glance it appeared that nothing was there, but it was the raptor’s grin that had caught Ducky’s eye. Gitta was listening in, seemingly amused at their ideas and choice of game.
“What is it Duc-” Littlefoot started, but was cut off by a strange hissing voice from the weeds.
A voice that asked out loud in a snicker, “Can /I/ play...” Gitta spoke, slowly peeking her narrow face from the weeds.

That's all for now, like I said I just started it so I'm still working with stuff and I don't have too much written yet. I have some amusing ideas as to how Gitta will interact with the gang. I have a hard time keeping the canon characters very in character, although I try. If you guys enjoy it I'll post more as soon as I can. ^^ I love to draw as well, so perhaps I'll post some fan art here sometime soon.
This icon looks a little like Gitta... :wow Amusing, eh. Okay, well I'm hanging around for a little while longer and then I must run. For now, I'll explore the forums a little more, perhaps read other people's stories.^^
jaa.

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
That's a great start. :)  It doesn't remind me of any previous LBT films so it is indeed unique.

And I agree...post more art so I can add it to my Akiko gallery. :D Hehe.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Its good, so far, but any of the gang is eaten by her, I'll never forgive you.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Really a good one so far! I like the way you maintain important characteristics of the maincharacters, and also the inclusion of such funny elements like the confusion Ducky's yell caused in this situation.
Sort of a difficult situation for Gitta it is. I don't suppose she wants the grownup dinosaurs in the Valley to know about her presence, lest to learn about the little entrance she discovered. However, being spotted by no less than five dinosaur kids it will be difficult to stay hidden.
I cannot yet guess about her character but depending on it the story could take many very different turns. I don't think it is possible though that a matured raptor (or any other raptor) could turn into a leafeater.
I'm excited how this will continue.

Akiko Okami

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Thanks for all the comments guys!^^ I really appreciate it! I’m gonna try and post at least two chapters a day...even if I write more that day, I tend to leave it off at a cliff hanger, heh. Ah’, no worries Gitta won’t eat any of the gang.^^ She won’t become a leaf eater either though...instead the kids are, in a way, gonna teach her a lesson Eh, you’ll see what happens.^^ I'm trying hard to keep everyone in character, but certain events that happen, especially later in the story, make it hard.

Chapter Three: An Encounter of the Sharptooth Kind

The children screamed and turned tail to run when the young raptor lunged from her hiding spot and slammed down right in their path, her massive talons clicking against the earth as she grinned.
“Aw, why rush off? I though the game was just starting,” she said, her tail swaying from side to side as she stood in front of them. Although she wasn’t nearly as large as a t-rex and her species was actually one of the smaller kinds of raptors, she was still a terrifying sight with her dagger like claws and razor sharp teeth. However, Gitta was one to 'play' with her food, and as hungry as she was she wouldn't give up on a good chance to have some fun. She knew she'd have to stay watchful of the adults, however this hideout of theirs was a good distance from the herds and she would have a fairly good chance of snatching the slowest of them up. Although any of them would only serve as a ësnack’ to her, she figured she’d start out with an...appetizer.

"Run!" Littlefoot screamed, his eyes huge with terror, and the others were quick to follow his lead, turning sharply to look for an escape route around the raptor. Gitta swayed her front half from side to side in a swift motion, as if daring them to try and go around her. Cera, looking a mixture of horrified and frustrated, took a daring move to the right, a scream escaping her as the raptor's tail lashed around and nearly knocked her off her feet. A quick dodge sent her rolling head over heels, just missing a sharp smack with the tail. Scrambling to her feet, Cera let out a scream as Gitta gave an ear piercing screech and lunged right at her, huge hind talons aimed at her side. Yet the raptor leapt right overtop the triceratops, turning quickly as her jaws parted, seeming to laugh at the enjoyment she got from their terrified faces. "Well it's no fun if I can't chase you! Go on!" she hissed. Cera quickly moved to Spike's side after her encounter. They seemed trapped, their meeting place was half encircled with thick trees and Gitta was blocking the clearest way out, the path that would get them close enough to the herds to call for help. The only choice left was to turn and run through the dense forest. The trees and vines would slow them down and make it more risky, but at this point they saw no other choice.

Petrie flew swiftly above the others, eyes scanning the distant horizon as he flapped his wings fiercely, he was probably the only one of them that could escape Gitta. He couldn't leave his friends though...but this situation called for the help of an adult, so he'd have to find someone and fast. "No worry! Petrie go for help!" he called, puffing up slightly as he started off, for a moment feeling couragous...however, a fleeting glance below him made him stagger with fright. Gitta's sharp eyes had already seen the flyer attempt to escape and with great strength she lunged herself high into the air, her massive jaws snapping shut only inches from him, a snort from her causing him to rise higher. Flapping wildly with panic, his flight seemed swayed from the scare he'd just had as his tiny figure darted off towards the herd lands. Gitta snarled, she'd have to either flee herself or shorten her game or she'd soon find herself in danger.

Chapter Four: A Chase of Terror, Team Work is Strong

The others watched their friend narrowly escape and they slowly started to back away towards the forest. Spike was the slowest and the others exchanged nervous glances, there was no way they could escape her. Even if they spilt up, she would naturally go after Spike and without aid from an adult they stood little chance to do anything. Cera lowered her head and snorted, glaring towards Gitta, although she was truly terrified her pride would make her stand up, at least for a moment. After all, this raptor wasn't that big...and they did outnumber her.
"W-we're not scared of you!" she started, her tone trying to sound tough, "Now outta our way...!" She scraped her claws against the earth as if threatening to head slam her. Littlefoot gave Cera a shocked glance, and muttered in a hushed tone, "What're you /thinking/," if she got this raptor mad they may not even have the chance to try and run any longer. Gitta craned her neck forward towards Cera, her nose touching softly against the little triceratops's horn. Cera quivered and tried to back away, now regretting her words.

"You have spunk..." The raptor hissed, her jaws way too close for comfort, yet her eyes danced with an almost playful, yet evil amusement. "I like that..." she smirked, in fact Cera would almost remind her of herself, although she wouldn't compare herself to 'prey' out loud. "...I'll eat you first." she grinned. Gitta flashed a wide grin as Cera screamed at her words and staggered backwards into the thick overgrown forest, terrified and ready to try anything to get out of there as fast as she could. Littlefoot was nearly knocked over as the raptor pushed right past him and the others in pursuit of Cera, it looked as if Gitta had chosen her target. Even if the three horn wasn’t the slowest or easiest catch, her words had made her the velociraptor’s choice and she did so enjoy a challenge.
“Cera wait!” Littlefoot yelled, hesitating only long enough to give Spike and Ducky a quick glance before he took off in the direction they had run. Ducky gave a horrified look, her hands cupped over her mouth to hide a gasp. “Oh Spike we must hurry!” she cried, trying to urge Spike on, who despite his nervousness was still the slowest runner. The three of them ran after the raptor and the triceratops as fast as they could, somehow they’d have to catch up and stop Gitta before she seriously hurt Cera.

“Daddy!” Cera screamed in a shrill tone, stumbling through the thick weeds and vines that kept tripping her up, she smashed through frail logs with ease, yet she knew the raptor was hot on her tail. Gitta too was slowed down from the foliage, however she swung her arms forward to slash through the weeds, hissing with excitement from the chase.
“There’s no base in this ëgame’!” she would yell out to the child, her ember orbs filled with hunger. Her words, although faint to Cera’s ears, would only make her speed up, she ran onward until she came to the edge of the forest. Tripping over a sturdy log she rolled out into an open meadow with tall grass, only managing to stop herself just in time as she came to a ledge over looking a long fall down a cliff that led into the river. Gitta leapt out of the trees a half a second later, slamming to a stop only inches from the child, her front half lowered as if she were ready to lunge at her. Cera was again trapped, she could try and run to the side if she wasn’t too fearful that the raptor would easily lunge either way she chose. She tried again to scream for her father, and although Petrie had already reach the adults and they were on their way, Gitta had chased her a good distance through the forest which would spare her a few more moments to attack. A low snarl like snicker escaped her as she looked the three horn over, her long slender tail lashing from side to side.
“Not so brave now, are we?” she hissed, extending an arm to slash at the air in front of her, causing Cera to cringe back, as prideful as she was she was cornered and had a hard time finding the courage to speak up at the moment. Someone else spoke up for her.

“Leave her alone!” A tiny voice yelled as Littlefoot, Ducky and Spike emerged from the forest, and although they too were scared they looked furious and determined to help their friend. Gitta turned her head to give them a fleeting glance, “Tsk, tsk...you’ll all get your turns! Patience. I want some dessert, afterall.” she said in a sarcastic tone. Cera’s eyes widened at her friends and in the moment that the raptor’s head was turned she saw her chance. She gulped and lowered her head, running right at Gitta’s leg as a fierce cry was heard, slamming against her with all her strength. The raptor screeched and staggered slightly, for although the children were much smaller she wasn’t expecting a sudden burst of aggression like that. She jerked to the side and narrowed her eyes, jaws open.
“...That was a mistake. An awful mistake.” she snarled, angry now as pain seared through her leg. “and you’ll regret it!” Just when she was ready to lunge she felt something smack her in the head, and sure enough Ducky was sitting atop Littlefoot’s head throwing several tiny rocks that she had gathered quickly. Spike was picking up larger rocks from the ground and tossing them into the air as Littlefoot would smack them with his tail in her direction. Gitta was frustrated now, they were working together like a team...like a...pack. She knew that herds would work together like this, but these children were of all different species, never had she seen anything like this.

Okay, that's all for now...I actually have up to chapter eight written, but I'm gonna keep it to two per day if I can find the time, I can't get on everyday sometimes. I don't wanna post too much at once and plus, it's more fun to leave it off at an exciting moment.  :p  :lol

I drew this is ms paint the other day with the mouse...a sticky mouse mind you, so do excuse the ugliness of this thing.^^; it's just a doodle from a scene that hasn't even happened yet. So yes,I'm sure you're all curious as to how Cera and Gitta went from 'huntress and her snack' to leaning up against each other in an almost friendly manner...although they do look rather annoyed, yes-no.  :p It'll all get explained later on.

When I can get my scanner working again I'll post some better stuff, this is just awful I know.^^;;;;;

Thanks again for the comments everyone!^^

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I like how you wrote "they were working together like a...pack" ;)  It put it into raptor terminology and how it was unusual for such teamwork to come about. :)

Keep writing. :D

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I like the way the story continues, and I like the picture too. Arvens mentioned the raptor terminology already. Cera's way of acting too seems to suit her character very well. Proud and courages, but not "stupid" as not to try to escape the raptor. Actually I can imagine Cera and Gitta getting along with each other (as shown in your picture, where you can tell from their faces that they are not as relaxed as one usually is if one, well relaxes like they seem to in the picture) in a kind of suspicious "love-hate-relationship". Maybe circumstances are going to force them to work together? I'm curious how the story will go on.
I've just one question. Is Gitta already fully grown, or more like a juvenile?

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Nice story, but I'm not fond of Gitta at all.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Akiko Okami

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Thanks again guys^^ I'm sorry I haven't posted as much lately, with the holidays and all it's hard to find the time to get on as much. Gitta is a juvenile, just not as young as the gang...she's on the verge of adulthood, more like a teenager, if you will.  :lol Thus half the reason her pack wouldn't accept her as the 'wanne-be alpha' she thought she was...and still thinks she is for that matter.
It is rather hard to get too fond of her, and trust me it'll only get harder...she's an aggressive thing and hungry too...but she's got some good in her. It'll just take some time and work to show it. Cera will get along with her, eventually...at this point poor Cera has every reason to hate her, you'll see why.

Chapter Five: Face to Face, To the Rescue

Although she winced from the smacks to the face, Gitta lunged towards the others now, figuring she’d scared Cera into submission for the moment. Not exactly able to see where she was to land, she leapt against Littlefoot, knocking him onto his back and causing Spike and Ducky to scatter with fear. She had pretty much pinned him, although her hind feet were on either side of him and not right against him, so no actual harm was done...yet. “Knock it off!” she screeched, her voice cracked with anger and annoyance now, she was no longer enjoying this as an amusing little game. She outstretched her right arm, her talons against the dinosaur’s neck as if daring him.
“Move and you’ll have done my job for me.” she sneered, knowing that if he did her claws would take care of him in an instant. She looked around to the others. “Any of you wanna risk coming closer. My claws are much faster than your feet or flying rocks.” she grinned, an evil glint in her eyes.
Littlefoot gulped, he was about to try and push her off with his feet but her warnings would make him hold still with terror, wondering exactly why she was waiting...pride maybe? perhaps she just enjoyed tormenting them in a slow, cruel manner. regardless, he was trapped, pinned down by an aggressive predator, and he knew none of his friends would risk his safety to try anything.
Suddenly awful memories flashed through his mind as he winced his eyes shut to close out the sight of the raptor for a moment. Images of his mother fighting sharptooth, the way the monster’s jaws snapped at her, it's horrid screeches and gruesome claws. How it had chased them all for so long, and yet never had he come this dangerously close to it's claws or fangs. He wondered for a frightening second if he would soon see his mother again...if Gitta chose to move her hand. As much as he longed to see her again he knew others needed him still, his grandparents and his friends and even the chance to see his father again, whom he’d recently found after so long.
Suddenly a loud cry and a large shadow moving overtop of him made him open his eyes and snapped him to reality again. Gitta was no longer pinning him, she was smacked hard and flung several yards away by a massive tail. His grandmother. The adults had arrived, and just in time. Littlefoot jumped to his feet and staggered to his friend’s sides, Petrie soon landing atop his head with a nervous yet satisfied look, sure the adults could easily handle this petite raptor, they greatly outnumbered her.
“You okay?” he asked, having caught a quick glimpse of the awful scene a moment before the adult’s attack on Gitta. Littlefoot nodded, his jaws hanging open from the shock of it all as Cera, Ducky and Spike pressed close to him. “We are so glad, we are” Ducky said, wrapping her arms around his long neck for a moment. “Don’t scare us like that again,” Cera said, giving his side a slight nudge before turning her attention to the attack again.

Chapter Six: A Fierce Outcast, A Courageous Move

Gitta had already lunged to her feet again, although she had the wind knocked out of her for a moment from the sudden smack. She hissed and swayed slowly as the adults circled her, cornering her against the ledge. The huge apatosaurus adults gave each other a quick glance as they spoke in a firm tone, “How did you get into these lands?” The male asked, sure the raptor wouldn’t dare make a move when she was on the edge of a cliff and greatly outnumbered. Gitta was getting scared, in the past she had always had her pack, someone to attack from the side in a surprise assault. She had only herself now and no escape route at all. “What does it matter,” she snarled, “I’m not leaving. You leaf eater’s cannot own a land!” she hissed fiercly.
Cera’s father stomped his feet in anger, “Your kind are not allowed here! You’ll leave now.” he yelled in a fierce tone. The female long neck looked over the raptor for a moment, “These lands are free of predators, a safe place for our children to grow. You belong out there.” she said. Gitta’s eyes flashed with an awful hunger and anger at their words, “There’s no food out there! I am alone. I found this place and I intend to stay! Your so called paradise will soon become too populated with plant eaters if you have none like myself to keep things...in order,” she grinned, although the words she spoke were probably true the others wouldn’t look at it like that, and the raptor’s words seemed to especially anger the male triceratops,
“How dare you!” he snarled, lowering his head, his sharp horns aimed in her direction. Cera had cautiously gotten closer, standing between her father’s front legs now and giving the predator an awful glare, she slowly felt her pride and courage returning with all the adults around her. Their eyes on the raptor, none of the adults noticed the little triceratops right away.
“We’re warning you now, this is your last chance. Leave now.” the male long neck spoke again as they all seemed quite ready to advance on her at any moment. Gitta snorted, “It’s pointless to talk to your type! you’re all too stupid to understand anything!” she hissed, her tail smacking the air. That was it, her words enraged the male triceratops who was about to lunge forward and ram her right over the edge of the cliff when a shrill yet fierce cry was heard and a tiny yellow figure ran forward from the herd of adults and rammed herself hard against Gitta’s stomach. A proud grin across her face, she would knock the raptor over the edge herself! The male triceratop’s eyes widened with horror, “Cera!” he cried, moving forward to try and snatch at her.
Cera’s attack had shocked Gitta and she did stumble, staggering for a moment upon one leg, her eyes huge with terror. She would not let herself fall like this, she was alpha material, she was strong, she...couldn’t hold her balance and while she would topple right over the edge, she had wrapped her dagger like claws around Cera tightly, pulling her with her. She at least would make them regret it, screeching with horror as she plummeted towards the water. Cera wasn’t expecting this and screamed in confusion and terror as she felt herself getting pulled along.
 The long necks quickly lunged themselves forward, craning their necks over the ledge, the female just missed snatching ahold of Cera’s tail and watched with a helpless expression as the raptor and the child fell into the raging river below. Littlefoot, Ducky, Petrie and Spike quickly ran to the edge screaming their friend's name, yet they too could do nothing. Even Petrie, who started to fly after was stopped by his mother, who warned that the current of the river was too strong and it was too dangerous to risk it. They would follow the river to the lake that it led into however, if there was any chance, they would get swept away to there.

Alright...mwa, yes I'm gonna leave it at a cliffhanger...quite literally. I do have more typed up, however I haven't the time today. I may not get on for a day or so 'cause of the holidays, however I'll post the next few chapters as soon as I can.

Thanks again for the comments everyone.^^

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Great story. Hmm. I don't quite understand how Gitta will get to stay after this, but okay.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Really, you are writing very good and exciting!
I'm very fond of your mention of Littlefoot's mother's fate. Even though I wouldn't want Littlefoot to become melancholic I do think that they neglect his past too much in most of the sequels.
For a moment I was thinking about whether or not Cera would really attack Gitta, and possibly kill her, but I do think it is quite possible in the situation of your story. One thing which I half expected Gitta to say was, that if she had to leave the Valley she would return with her pack. This of course would have been a very foolhearty thing to say for her, as the more realistic result (more realistic to being somehow "permitted" to stay) would be the grownups attacking her.
The only critical remark I can make is the repeated use of the word "alpha". It sounds a little weird in a land before time story. Perhaps there is a more dinosaurlike alternative for the word. I have to admit that I can't think of one right now (elite doesn't sound very dinosaurlike either, and it may even miss the actual sense).

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Well, we never get hear anything from a raptor's point of view in the series, so we don't know that the word "alpha" is weird.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Of course it is just my assumption, but generally I really don't think dinosaurs would know such a scientific term. Note that whatever critic I write, it is just what I'd gladly get myself. Suggestions for what may be a possible improvement.
By the way, my own story dinosaurs frequently talk very strange too (and I do my best to correct it). For example Cera once stated in one of my stories that something was not an "insurmountable impediment"  :huh:  And very recently I changed a line of Ducky. She used to say: "He won't inflict anything to us." while I strongly suppose Ducky would much rather say "He will not do any harm (or "anything" as an alternative variant to "any harm") to us."  :lol:

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
True, but dinosaurs also didn't talk in real life, either, and the raptors were basically the most intelligent dinosaurs ever. But you're probaby right.

The word, "leader" would probably be better.

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I've acknowledged that there's new chapters to read and I will get to them sometime this upcoming week... ;)

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
This story is AWESOME! I'm going to keep an eye out for the rest of the story! :D