The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Land Before Time fanfiction characters

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I'm not so sure if the dinosaurs would use any such a term at all. One might argue that "storyspeaker" is a term used in the LBT series, but I guess that storytelling is something that can more regularly be done. To defend anyone or anything there needs to be an attacker. If there is an attacker those who have any means of fighting the attacker (e.g. Cera's father and Littlefoot's grandfather, but even Petrie's mother in LBT 2) will defend themselves or others against the attacker. I'm not sure if that would make any of them who are doing this ascribe any title to themselves or if they did it is not certain how this would be perceived by other dinosaurs (who may have defended themselves or other before without assuming such a name).

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
No offense, but I never gave you permission to use the name "Coatal".

And I like the idea of a squad of herbivores who are as close as you can get to a self defense force for the Great Valley.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

JBJB1029

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Serris,Apr 13 2009 on  02:48 PM
No offense, but I never gave you permission to use the name "Coatal".
Sorry :( .
Quote from: Serris,Apr 13 2009 on  02:48 PM
And I like the idea of a squad of herbivores who are as close as you can get to a self defense force for the Great Valley.
Thank You :wub: .

JBJB1029

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
So do you think you guys can help me create new names that's related to their species name or to their appearance or even behavior for these characters here:
  • A Notoceratops named Ellie Sattler who the Flattooth Herd Defender's assistent.
  • An Torosaurus dinosaur named Ajay Sidhu who is a Flattooth Herd Defender.
  • A Pachyrhinosaurus named Robert Burke who is a Flattooth Herd Defender (teacher).
  • A Arrhinoceratops named Robert Muldoon who is a Flattooth Herd Defender.
  • A Torosaurus named Roland Tembo who is a Flattooth Herd Defender.
  • A Lesothosaurus named Carter who is a beginer Flattooth Herd Defender.
  • A Leptoceratops named Ben Hildebrand who works for the Flattooth Herd Defender's, but looks after the children who's parents have been the victiums of Sharptooth Attack.
  • A Stegasaurus named Dennis Nedry who is the head guard for the Flattooth Herd Defender's.
  • A Camptosaurus named Donald Gennaro who works for the Flattooth Herd Defender's, but looks after the children who's parents have been the victims of Sharptooth Attack.
By going to this website here.

JBJB1029

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
How about we add the word "Herd" so they would be called "Flattooth Herd Defenders," instead of just "Flattooth Defenders" is that a better name?

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I really don't think they would assign any such titles to themselves at all not because of the language only (though especially assistant is a word which I doubt any dinosaur would know) but also because they just don't think in business- / job-live terms the way we do. "Profession" is a concept which dinosaurs in a world which has very few examples of material wealth or possession would probably not understand. I think a dinosaur would earn rather confused looks if he or she introduced himself to a member of the gang or anyone else as a "Flattooth Defenders assistent". Can't they be just... dinosaurs doing what live requires them to do without planning their entire life in terms the way humans do?

JBJB1029

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Apr 14 2009 on  04:11 AM
I really don't think they would assign any such titles to themselves at all not because of the language only (though especially assistant is a word which I doubt any dinosaur would know) but also because they just don't think in business- / job-live terms the way we do. "Profession" is a concept which dinosaurs in a world which has very few examples of material wealth or possession would probably not understand. I think a dinosaur would earn rather confused looks if he or she introduced himself to a member of the gang or anyone else as a "Flattooth Defenders assistent". Can't they be just... dinosaurs doing what live requires them to do without planning their entire life in terms the way humans do?
What do you think would be a better name than "Flattooth Herd Defenders?"

P.S. What do you think would be a better name for these characters (so it there names don't sound like from the Jurassic Park Series) here (since I can't come up with the names on my own):
  • A Notoceratops named Ellie Sattler who the Flattooth Herd Defenders assistent.
  • A Pachyrhinosaurus named Robert Burke who is a Flattooth Herd Defender (teacher).
  • A Arrhinoceratops named Robert Muldoon who is a Flattooth Herd Defenders.
  • A Leptoceratops named Ben Hildebrand who works for the Flattooth Herd Defenders, but looks after the children who's parents have been the victiums of Sharptooth Attack.
  • A Stegasaurus named Dennis Nedry who is the head guard for the Flattooth Herd Defenders.
  • A Camptosaurus dinosaur named Donald Gennaro who works for the Flattooth Herd Defenders, but looks after the children who's parents have been the victiums of Sharptooth Attack.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I think what Malte is trying to say is that if this story is intended to be LBT canon (within the LBT boundaries), then the group of herbivores aren't going to give their group a name at all.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
One question I want to ask before you make any naming decisions: how close to the LBT canon is it?

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

JBJB1029

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Serris,Apr 14 2009 on  09:19 PM
One question I want to ask before you make any naming decisions: how close to the LBT canon is it?
What are you saying (it's in bold)?

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I think the question is if you want to write a pure LBT story or one that is not in accordance with the setting and the content of the movies. Judging from what you wrote in other threads I suppose that you want your story to be strictly pure LBT (not even the tiniest chance for it to be accepted by Universals if it is not).
DarkHououmon understood me right. Why does an LBT story need for any such term at all? I really doubt the LBT dinosaurs would have any such descriptive term for a concept of job-live that doesn't really exist in the world of LBT. Unlike humans who usually identify by their job, their nationality, or the town they life in I don't think dinosaurs would usually identify as anything more specific than their species.

JBJB1029

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Apr 15 2009 on  04:51 AM
I think the question is if you want to write a pure LBT story or one that is not in accordance with the setting and the content of the movies. Judging from what you wrote in other threads I suppose that you want your story to be strictly pure LBT (not even the tiniest chance for it to be accepted by Universals if it is not).
DarkHououmon understood me right. Why does an LBT story need for any such term at all? I really doubt the LBT dinosaurs would have any such descriptive term for a concept of job-live that doesn't really exist in the world of LBT. Unlike humans who usually identify by their job, their nationality, or the town they life in I don't think dinosaurs would usually identify as anything more specific than their species.
So if I write the plot summary, can you guys edit it, so it would be pure LBT material?

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Depends on what you want people to do. I suppose most here would gladly share their view on what they think fits into an LBT story and what does not. I do not know if anyone is ready and willing to do anything like elaborating or doing highly time intensive editing work on a plot they receive. Many here have jobs to do and tasks to fulfill and must therefore be more miserly with their time than they would like to be. In any case most here will be happy to offer feedback, but I suppose that you will still have to write the story yourself.

JBJB1029

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Apr 15 2009 on  10:38 AM
Depends on what you want people to do. I suppose most here would gladly share their view on what they think fits into an LBT story and what does not. I do not know if anyone is ready and willing to do anything like elaborating or doing highly time intensive editing work on a plot they receive. Many here have jobs to do and tasks to fulfill and must therefore be more miserly with their time than they would like to be. In any case most here will be happy to offer feedback, but I suppose that you will still have to write the story yourself.
(In the Quote Section, in Bold) is that what your saying in short?

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Just what it says, I'm sure. That you may end up having the write the story yourself.

JBJB1029

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Apr 15 2009 on  08:53 PM
Just what it says, I'm sure. That you may end up having the write the story yourself.
So I'll have to get help from outside the forum, correct?

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
What Malte was probably saying is that, yeah you can probably get help from us to develop the ideas. But that you are the one who may end up having to write it. Did you have in mind that we do all the writing for you?

JBJB1029

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Apr 15 2009 on  09:21 PM
What Malte was probably saying is that, yeah you can probably get help from us to develop the ideas. But that you are the one who may end up having to write it. Did you have in mind that we do all the writing for you?
I would be doing the writing, but you guy's would be giving me advice (details) on how the Movie, or Episode goes, OK.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
As for that look at another part of what I wrote:
I suppose most here would gladly share their view on what they think fits into an LBT story and what does not.
I'm sure you can get feedback, advice, and help here about what you write, but there are sometimes people who want others to write their entire stories for them (which I doubt many are willing to do).

There have been some cases of people asking others to write their stories for them and then they still claimed all the credit giving none to those who actually wrote it. Anyway, that's a different topic.

JBJB1029

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Apr 16 2009 on  03:49 AM
As for that look at another part of what I wrote:
I suppose most here would gladly share their view on what they think fits into an LBT story and what does not.
I'm sure you can get feedback, advice, and help here about what you write, but there are sometimes people who want others to write their entire stories for them (which I doubt many are willing to do).
If that's true then let's get back to the reason I made this topic, changing these characters names, so there related to The Land Before Time:
  • A Notoceratops named Ellie Sattler who the Flattooth Herd Defenders assistent.

• A Arrhinoceratops named Robert Muldoon who is a Flattooth Herd Defenders.

• A Leptoceratops named Ben Hildebrand who works for the Flattooth Herd Defenders, but looks after the children who's parents have been the victiums of Sharptooth Attack.

• A Stegasaurus named Dennis Nedry who is the head guard for the Flattooth Herd Defenders.

• A Camptosaurus named Donald Gennaro who works for the Flattooth Herd Defenders, but looks after the children who's parents have been the victiums of Sharptooth Attack.

Quote from: Malte279,Apr 16 2009 on  03:49 AM
As for that look at another part of what I wrote:There have been some cases of people asking others to write their stories for them and then they still claimed all the credit giving none to those who actually wrote it. Anyway, that's a different topic.
P.S. That's not my style, If I did have the others write their stories for me and I submitted then idea in, I would still give you guys credit for helping me.