The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

GoF PC Games!

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Trust in love, and never give up...
    • View Profile
Well, that's one of our differences then, landbeforetimelover, despite us having some things in common...  Heh.  I've always been a crazy Doom nut.  And... I finally found a member title that suits me...  (Heck, until I get around to your LBT avatar thread, my avatar is an edited pic of Gouki from Street Fighter!)
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

1953-2011...  One day, mother, I shall see you again...

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I have this one for internet and basic pc stuff.  When I do play video games it's only on my other pc.  Partially since this one is so old it can only play old games, but I like the idea of having dedicated pc's like that.

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.landbeforetimefreak.npage.de
gee, I just have Guild Wars Nightfall^^

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Hey, pal...  Get yourself a copy of Doom, and the three of us (Loofah included) might be able to play someday soon...  Like I said to you on MSN, I'll walk you through everything about setting it up; I promised to do the same thing for Loofah - well, pretty much...  I didn't exactly say I'd help him, but of course I will! :P:  :p
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

KingdomKey23

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Dude! I love Doom! It's my favorite FPS. I'd play with ya anytime! I use Skulltag to play online.

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Wow!  Another Doom fanatic!  Awesome!
I've never used Skulltag - what's that source port like?
Yeah, I haven't touched my "current" level for a while, heh...  I was trying to make it compatible with all versions of Doom, without inducing the dreaded "no more visplanes" error in the DOS version, LOL!  (But, who uses that version anymore?  Heh!)  I haven't made too many maps, per se, but, anytime I get a cool idea, I try it...  (Which, hasn't been much, but, this many "hits" for Doom, inspires me to go on, and do more...!)

Do you like Doom III, or do you even play it...?  Or own it...?  I can't play it online yet, though...

And...  I can't do any of this stuff until I get my computer up and running over HERE.  I'd love to Doom with the three of you!  Hey, wonder if Cancerian Tiger still has it?  That would rule if we had a source port that can accomodate more than four players!  (But, I gotta warn ya, I don't like Deathmatch; I don't see a purpose in it...)  ...Maybe, we can corroborate on a cool level design, or something; something that REQUIRES cooperation from all four players, yeah?  Maybe that would be fun...  Hu, hu!  I can't wait! :D

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Does anyone else have Unreal Tournament 2004, other then Tim?

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
...Not here, sorry...

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Does anyone else have Unreal Tournament 2004, other then Tim?
I wish I could help more people get ahold of it, but we all know why I can't do that. :p

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
I'd probably get all these awesome FPS games but my lappy is just not gamer friendly  <_< It's running on a chipset rather than a proper graphics card so my gameplay for PCs is limited. Once I get the money, I'm ditching my laptop for a desktop again (seeing as uni days are long gone now :^.^: ). Looks like I stand alone with FEAR as an online game. I'd recommend it for anyone with a low(ish) spec computer coz it doesn't ask that much of your machine. It's the only FPS my lappy can handle anyway  :DD  :P:

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
UT2004 isn't very demanding on the lower-end graphics settings.  I have an economy system that can run it in low graphics details perfectly fine.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: action9000,May 22 2008 on  04:28 PM
UT2004 isn't very demanding on the lower-end graphics settings.  I have an economy system that can run it in low graphics details perfectly fine.
Granted....but I bet your machine doesnt run on a chipset  :rolleyes: I'm willing to give it a go but given my recent luck with PC games, they normally dont work out for me. They must be able to smell the console scent before I even purchase the ruddy things!  :lol

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
but I bet your machine doesnt run on a chipset
It's got a Radeon 9550 video card...ancient bugger!  Not much better than a modern chipset, if *any* better. :p

They must be able to smell the console scent before I even purchase the ruddy things!
:lol  :lol
If you want to see me die a horrible death many times over, play a console shooter with me! :P: I just can't get the hang of em!

Geez, LF1616, I've barely run into you at all lately!  Times just aren't lining up, are they?  

I'm probably out for this weekend...I'll be at work at all hours remotely close to when I'd see you, until Monday. :(

I've got Turok for the PS3 if anyone's game for some shoot-em-up goodness.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: action9000,May 24 2008 on  12:34 AM
Geez, LF1616, I've barely run into you at all lately!  Times just aren't lining up, are they?  

I hear that. Mind you I've had a little trouble with net connections recently. Thought there was something up with our net provider...it turned out that my dad had smashed the junction box that links our phone line and broadband line together  :lol Smooth move Pops!  :DD Also, I've had a bit of a rough time with the job at the moment. Seriously need to jump ship from the shoddy shack I'm in right now but there appears to be a major job drought in my area.  :unsure:

Anyway, all that dumb-foolery aside, I replied to the thread on GOF matches so check that out. Looks like we may just get our gamign sesh one way or another buddy!  :^.^: All others are welcome to join in as always.

I've got Turok for the PS3 if anyone's game for some shoot-em-up goodness.

Sorry dude. That's one FPS for PS3 I don't actually own!  :blink: I rarity I know. I played a demo of it from the Playstation Network but I didnt think much of it. mind you it wasn't the finished article and I'm always willing to try out new games. Seeing how awesome the Turok series was back in the day! ;)

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
...Yeah, Turok was pretty good...  But, after my "gamesave freakout" with my PS2 - due to some stupid mistakes I made - I just gave it all away...  So, strictly PC for me...  And, on that note...

I FINALLY HAVE MY COMPUTERS WITH ME AGAIN!  YES!  So...  If anybody's "game for Doom," then let's do some Dooming!  Chat with me on MSN about it...  Go ahead, if I'm not on your list, then add me!  We'll see what we can do!  ...Source ports?  I might be going with Skulltag - thanks for the tip, KingdomKey23!  And I'll see you on there, too! ;)

KingdomKey23

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Awesome, man! My MSN account is the same as my yahoo account. Just drop me a line when you wanna go a few rounds. Not tonight though, I'm tired. Any other time is fine. See ya.

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Okay...  Yeah, I've already added you to my MSN contact list, KingdomKey23!  I'll let you know!

EDIT: Don't worry; I need to brush up on my Doom skills anyway!  It's been a while since I really sat down to just play it, LOL...

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hey whens the next time your available to play Tim? You might notice that me and Littlefoot Fan tried to get a game of D2 going but you weren't responding on Hamachi.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I was actually there but I didn't notice the messages from Hamachi until it was too late. :(

I changed my Hamachi settings to pop up a message right in front of my face when one is sent to me, so that shouldn't happen again. :p

Sorry about that. :bang

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
heh, no problem. We just gotta find the time when all three of us are online at the same time.