The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The PS3

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Cyberlizard,Aug 12 2006 on  05:26 PM
It has a Blu-ray drive.
And a Blu-ray is????  :huh: Sorry, I am not Mr. up too date with all the electronics that come out.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Unless they're putting games on a Blu-ray disc, I wouldn't put bets on any high-def disc for film watching...much too early to see who would win that battle.

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://raptoid.deviantart.com/
They're just getting ready for the years to come, DVDs and Blu-rays will co-exhist until Hi def TVs are more common in households, then Blu-ray disks will replace DVDs like DVDs replaced VHS.  Also, there's an advantage to Blu-ray disks, they use a blueish violet laser with better precision, so this means that more data can be stored on one disk without taking up space.  DVDs hold up to around 8 GB while Blu-ray disks hold up to 25 GB.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I actually recently found a magazine with info on it, and found that there will be two different versions of PS3 coming out.

The first is the one we know that is worth $600.  It gives you quite the graphic look, along with the good old DVD player feature and everything else you would expect from Sony.

As for the other version, this one costs only $500.  The only drawback you get is that the graphics aren't as good, and because of this reason, some games won't be playable.

Despite all of this, I'm not getting it.  I'm sticking with good old Nintendo. :)

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
The PS3 is gonna be costly. We all knew that was coming our way sooner or later. $600 sounds so stupidly steep for a new console. There's no way in hell I'll be purchasing it for that price. From what I've heard on my side, the first batch of PS3s (which are deliberated not being supplied in enough quantities to meet demand to increase deamnd for them) are coming in at around 400GBP (can't find the Pound key on an American QWERTY keyboard LOL  :P: ) and these are the 60Gb hard drive ones. And that's just for the console! No games! Just the machine! Apparently, the 40Gb systems aren't being dispatched in Europe until a later date so that people will go for the more expensive machines before they release the lesser one.

Needless to say, I will be getting a PS3 but definitely not at THAT price tag! GOnna wait for the prices to slip a little and the bundle packs start coming out before I part with any of my cash. I'm happy to sit and wait. I mean...I'm still sitting here waiting for Kingdom Hearts 2 to be released for gawd sakes! PMSL  :lol (Next month...just 1 more month of unnecessary delays :DD )

I'm mostly looking forward to the games coming out for it. Metal Gear Solid 4, Devil May Cry 4, Resident Evil 5, Final Fantasy XIII...can't wait!  :^.^: