The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Playstation Vita

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
And because somebody tried to be neutral on the topic, you accuse them of faking it?

Wow, just wow....

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Ya know what WR, I'm a big slasher movie fan. I know you're not one, but you probably agree that the genre is one of the most heavily critiqued ones.

But you know what, I accept those remarks. I don't call people snobs for not liking slasher movies.

Heck, if someone's taste in movies/games is different from mine, I accept that.

I don't feel the need to stomp on other people's views just cause they're not the same as mine!  :anger

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
She is faking it. The last time Nintendo came up in a discussion, she didn't have two good things to say about it. My memory is not faulty.

You misunderstand me. I will bash the PlayStation whenever I feel like it, but that's it. I'm not accusing anyone of anything that didn't happen.

Oh, but I do accept your opinion. That doesn't change the fact that Sony's latest attempts have been craptacular, though. Sony lost focus of what a game console is. The PS3 had very few titles, and far too much focus was put on the peripheril functions. And the PSP was just ass. Seriously, a memory AND  a memory chip thingy before I could save a game?!
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
One advantage of being neutral on the topic of consoles is that it allows me to see the strengths and weaknesses of both Nintendo and Sony and am able to enjoy them without worrying about "which console is better". I don't have the disadvantage of being blind by a devotion to one.

It is not the consoles that make the games. It is the games that make the games. I don't play for the consoles. I play for the games.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
hey WR, i have both systems, both have thier flaws. to say one is craptacular while ignoring the flaws of the others is going too far. Sony puts millions into its systems, if they were epic failurees (like dReamcast) they would soon not sell them. Accept peoples different opinions on this, and leave it be. brek is right on what he says. just as you accept peoples different taste in movies, so should you accept their different perference in games and systems.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
I'm not blindly devoted. I just know what's good when I see it.

EDIT: Sony didn't make Dreamcast. That was Sega, and that was the console that put them out of business, unfortunately.
Again, I do accept their opinions of Sony, but the PS3 is still crap.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
thats fine but you don't need to paint with a broad brush
 there are good games on every system after all. much like dreamnworks has good films, even if they are not quitre as highly regarded as pixar.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Speaking of memory....

Didn't you tell Kacie and Animeboye to "kiss your ass" because they didn't like your bashing of avatar in the "fav film of 2010" topic?

Also, in regards to memory, weren't you the one who said there shouldn't be naysayers before a product comes out?

Weren't you the one who says "we shouldn't take things on TGWTG seriously and just enjoy them" when you were the one made a whole topic about one person who disliked Kickassia?

Yeah, my memory ain't faulty either

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
True, but all of those games can also be found on the Wii and the 360.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
To say that one shouldn't naysay a product before it comes out in a Nintendo topic and then turn around and naysay a product before it comes out on a Sony topic is called hypocrisy.

I do find it annoying how someone can be so negative towards a concept or product simply because they don't like the company, and then if their favorite company comes up with the exact same thing (whether before or later) they suddenly think it's the best idea in the world.

I grew up playing more than one console. I grew up on Nintendo, Sega Genesis, and Sony Playstation. Oh and Atari too. As a result, I never developed a strong devotion (extreme fangirlism) towards one console in particular. And I'm glad for that.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Animeboye basically attacked me. Yes, I did say we should give products a chance before they come out, however, in this case, I will make an exception, since the Sony has given me no reason to believe in it anymore. Sony's design is not identical to the Wii U, by the way.

As TGWTG and Kickassia. Neither one are meant to be taken seriously. That still holds and has no baring here.

Well, I couldn't afford to have a Sega and PlayStation. I had to pick a side and stick with it.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
thus is the nature of multiplatform games. there aren't many games made today that are exclusive, most of are multiplatform..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
But feeling the need to make a whole topic because  perosn gave a negative review?

And so you're saying it's ok for you to be hypocritical about your own views on nay saying?

Wow....just...just...wow.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
No, I'm just saying that some situations call for exceptions. Alright, fine, I'll give this thing Sony's making a try, if I can afford the blasted thing. I doubt it, because my spare cash is going straight for the superior device, the Wii U.
And that's as nice as you're going to get from me when it comes to Sony.

Oh, and it wasn't just one person who made a negative review of Kickassia. The internet is basically swimming with them.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Just because you "have a side" doesn't mean you have to crap all over every side WR!

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Then maybe Sony fans shouldn't pick fights like they usually do. Just an a nasty one with some moron who insisted that Sony should buy out Legend of Zelda and fix it. I would be willing to tolerate the existance of the PS systems of it's fans weren't so horrible most of the time.
That's a part of why I want Sony to just fail this time. Fail and have it go under and shut them up permanently.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
let me be clear on this everyone. I do not want a spat to erupt over this.. if it dooes it will be reviewed by the admins, and WR, your record isn't exactly clean. This is ultimately a matter that falls under opinion,  which I always try to respect on here. So everyone lets keep this civil alright?
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Wr..let me remind you that you were the one who came here and bashed

You are the one who bashes Sony at every opportunity. You are the one who loves to play the "you're a Snob!" card in regards to critiques of things you like, but you've said some incredibly snobbish things in this topic alone!

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Taking a side isn't always the best choice. For instance, when it comes to judges, they cannot take sides; they have to be neutral and look at the evidence before convicting anyone.

When it comes to gaming, picking a side and sticking with just one console doesn't make one more knowledgeable on gaming consoles in general, and in fact makes one more closed-minded. A neutral stand is better because, without an obsession over one console, the gamer can more fairly judge the games.

From what I understand, professional gamers tend to be neutral as well, and generally look down upon obsessive fanboys that stick to one console and bash the others.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
I never called anyone a snob. Don't you lie to me about my own actions.

I'm not a judge or a professional gamer, Dark. I can't afford to become either even I wanted to. And I don't obsess over the Nintendo. However, both their consoles and games are a lot better than the competition's. I don't say that lightly or blindly, either. I have friends who own the other stuff and never enjoy what the other companies bring to the table half as much.
You want me to be more 'well-rounded' as a gamer and play all the consoles? Then you can cover the charges, because I can afford exactly one console and later, maybe one handheld (still haven't been able to afford the 2DS), per generation without going into the red for months.