The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Instrumentals of the songs?

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
My headphones are sort of broken right now, so when I plug them in just the right way, I mainly get only certain audio coming through clearly.

So I've been listening to "imperfect" instrumentals of the LBT songs. I can still sort of hear the singing, so I've used the russian versions (so the foreign dub won't be as distracting as the english lyrics I know), and I gotta say, they're pretty good, from what I've heard. The instrumental of "The Lone Dinosaur" song is just beautiful, showing how despite the occasional not-so-great singing and lyrics, Michelle and Amanda have a gift for melody. And "Very Important Creature"...just, wow!

It makes me wonder why, exactly, they chose not to put instrumental versions of the songs over the credits to sort of "recap" the movie, like they always did with PB&J Otter. Not that the  score that went with movies 2-8 wasn't some of the most beautiful music I've heard, but...considering the age demographic and quality of the sequels (yeah, I'm starting to see them for their flaws---hate me!:oops ), I feel instrumentals of the movie's songs would suit better.

Now, this made me think of something I discovered several years back, when I was having my LBT obsession and was in my early days on this forum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHZrJ5cTOrQ

As you can see, the trailer contains an instrumental of a song from the movie. Does that mean it's possible to somehow mute the singing and make instrumentals? If so, this would be an excellent thing to get on here, since as far as I know none have been made!

Unless that's the announcement that was gonna be made...!  :idea

Adder

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyBlueAOFW
I know that it can be done in programs such as Wavepad Sound Editor and Audacity. I've gotten near perfect results in the past by using the Remove Vocals filter.

I'm not that great with either beyond mixing audio together, but it is possible to remove the vocals of a song in those and other sound-editing programs.

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Cool!  :smile  Maybe I should check out those programs. I'm very much wanting to hear instrumental versions of other songs, too.

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Anyone ever thought of making them here as a project, though?

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
^probably couldn't help you but I'd say go ahead :)
Inactive, probably forever.

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Thought I'd bump this since I think it's a really cool idea and I hope anyone here has the technology for so they can publish it for curious fans.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Completely doable. As a matter of fact I've made a handful myself.

I'll post up a link to what I have:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B96...enM&usp=sharing

(Please read the filenames of the files I shared. The file name tells you whether that particular file has a melody part or not. If it does, the melody part is played with 1 or more instruments. Melody parts are NEVER sung in these files.)

Some of them are better than others and I've only done a handful. Also, many of them were created with the purpose of singing over, with the vocal lines on the instrumentals as reference only, but it's something. :)

For reference:
I made these by listening to the original songs and re-writing them in software by ear, one note at a time. None of the audio in these files is from the films themselves so there's absolutely no vocal bleeding. That's really the only way to achieve such a result.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Oh man, that's awesome! Amazing work! Thank you so much!! :smile

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile