The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Stone Of Cold Fire

AnimeLover

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I First Saw The Stone Of Cold Fire When It Landed On Threehorn Peak. But It Turns Out That It Was Just An Ordinary Meteorite. Later, The Eruption Causes The Stone To Explode Killing Two Pterano's Henchmen, Rinkus And Sierra While They Tried To Force The Stone To Reveal Its Power. Petrie's Uncle Pterano And His Henchmen Searched For The Stone, Thinking The Stone Might Have Magical Powers, But The It Was Fake. That Scene Was My Favorite. It Was So Awesome And We Will Treasure It Always.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Later, The Eruption Causes The Stone To Explode Killing Two Pterano's Henchmen, Rinkus And Sierra While They Tried To Force The Stone To Reveal Its Power.
Actually I think the two survived. After the explosion hurls them away we still see them bruised, but alive.
As for the explosion of the stone it is a rather odd thing. Stones and even meteors don't usually "behave" that way, but I reckon it has to be listed among some other violations of of laws of nature to be found in LBT 7.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Yes, the 2 were not killed but were hurled, I think, back to where they spent the night and they moan or something.  The flyers returning to the Great Valley glance in that direction as they fly past.

AnimeLover

• Chomper
    • View Profile
So, You're Saying That They're Coming Back?

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
What I said is that Rinkus and Sierra were not killed in the explosion. Whether or not they are coming back (even whether or not there will be any further movie at all) is a different question.

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
Quote from: AnimeLover,Apr 2 2009 on  01:00 PM
Later, The Eruption Causes The Stone To Explode Killing Two Pterano's Henchmen, Rinkus And Sierra While They Tried To Force The Stone To Reveal Its Power.
Perhaps the stone was filled with some explosive materials. Come to think of it, it answered two villians' efforts and revealed it's power. :)

Invaderbecky

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Yes, it had the power to explode into magical bits,lol.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I wonder what the movie would be like if one edited out the rainbow faces.  Would that improve the movie, make no difference ect.  Though it would leave a hole on how did the kids get to the top so quickly offscreen.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Let’s see…the movie would be missing a song, and one of its underlying themes/messages, as well as an explanation of what the Stone of Cold Fire is. Plus, the gang would be pretty hungry the morning after spending the night in Threehorn Peak, and they’d need to find a local volcanologist :p to tell them how to get to the top. Nothing major that couldn’t be fixed or replaced with a little creativity, as far as I’m concerned. (Though I always did think the rainbow faces were cool-looking dinosaurs, even if I never cared for their characters, voices, or implied origins.)

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The Beyond the Mysterious Beyond song, and the song they sing to Littlefoot at the end of the movie when they have vanished into the column of light, no idea what that song is called.  The movie would have holes in it, with obvious scenes missing.  Though it would be interesting to see one day I think, or at least I would be.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The Rainbowfaces didn't have to be cut out totally to make the movie more coherent with the setting of the other movies. It would have done, in my opinion, if they had not pushed that "alien from outer space button" too much. There could have been plenty other ways about dinosaurs having heard something about the Stone of Cold Fire (old tales or legends etc.). The rainbowfaces (who after all arrived with a migrating herd) could have heard tales from parts of the world where none of the Great Valley inhabitants had been before for example. If this, and some details (the way how they got onto and down from the top of Threehorn peak) had been changed I think the movie could have been much improved.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
So maybe instead of cutting the scenes with the rainbow faces in it out, just the ones where they make it obvious they are et's.  I'd like the movie better if they had not done the et thing with them.

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
*revival*
You know, I was thinking about some little holes (one of the many)

"Still, others believe that such stones are a message"
"What kind of message?"
"A message from beyond The Mysterious Beyond"
I agree with Mr. Threehorn. What kind of message?

And what about the way Pterano reacted to hearing about the stone of cold fire

"Some believe it has powers far beyond our comprehension: Heal the sick and other miracles"
So...how did he tie that into becoming an all-powerful leader? He does mention wanting to create a paradise at the last second. Necromancy, perhaps? I use that as one of his intentions in my fanfiction.

The Rainbow Faces NEVER mentioned anything about the stone granting leadership, but then Pterano just decided it would. Maybe he sneaked a chat with the Rainbow Faces before trying to get information from Littlefoot?

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Perhaps Pterano felt that, if he could do these miracles such as heal the sick, the herd would be so impressed by it that they would appoint him leader? That's what I was thinking.

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah, the good old days on the old forum with talk about Rainbowfaces.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Coyote_A,May 6 2009 on  10:55 PM
Quote from: AnimeLover,Apr 2 2009 on  01:00 PM
Perhaps the stone was filled with some explosive materials. Come to think of it, it answered two villians' efforts and revealed it's power. :)
indeed, the stone was filled with 2 no 2,000 sticks of TNT.

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
^ AND Tribbles.
That is my (joke) SoCF theory. It was a carrier full of Tribbles. Once again, the Enterprise had a Tribble overload, so they put them in a container and sent them backwards in time. I'm silly.

I've changed my Rainbow Face theory, though. Instead of being aliens/Kirk and insert-female-crew-mate-here, they could just be oddly smart and inquisitive dinosaurs that do a ton of traveling, hence their extensive knowledge that even Mr. Thicknose can't top.

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I don't think the Rainbowfaces should had been cut out.