The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

SeaQuest DSV

The Lone Dragon

• Member+
  • Spike
  • Release The Dragon!
    • View Profile
Any discussion referring to the 90s TV series SeaQuest DSV can go here.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with SeaQuest it is like Star Trek only under the sea and The SeaQuest is a the largest submarine in the world, set in the near future the series explores both the scientific and military adventures of The SeaQuest and her crew. The series however only lasted three seasons but I still really enjoyed the series.

What are your thoughts on the issue did anyone find it as interesting as I did?
What's the point in being mad if you don't do mad things now and again?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I watched some 1st season episodes way way back when it was first aired, but I think only some season 1 episodes. Don't recall why I didn't watch past season 1.  As I remember it was on the same time as Lois & Clark: the adventures of superman I think. So I saw it when Lois & Clark were in reruns or was not on.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I liked the premise but its execution felt flawed. Unlike Star Trek a show it very clearly took many cues from, a show that covered a wide broach of topics and had many different ways to relate to aspects of society, SQ never seemed to stray far from environmental messages. Likewise I never liked the gimmicks of including a genius kid and a sentient animal; both of which are very tired cliches even then. But for what it was it was great television, my particular favorite episode being the one where Shatner guest starred as an undercover tyrant.

The Lone Dragon

• Member+
  • Spike
  • Release The Dragon!
    • View Profile
I find that Season 1 SQ has a lot of environmental issues addressed while in Season 2 a lot more far fetched but interesting ideas are addressed while a large proportion of Season 3 is on military basis. In terms of Darwin the dolphin and the genius Lucus I really like that his character receives a lot of development throughout the seasons and his flaws as well as his virtues are all shown, he is still a teen genius in a divorced family and I really like his development.

I really like how S1 shows how difficult the choices and measures can be with environmental issues and human issues while in S3 I love the sub fighter action. Seriously who can't love a sub fighter they are totally awesome in my opinion.

I do of course speak as a fan who has seen the entire 3 seasons.
What's the point in being mad if you don't do mad things now and again?

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Dan Murell is that you? :p

I had completely forgotten about this series until last week's Screen Junkies Movie Fights. I used to watch it when I was little. I loved that episode when they went back in time and stopped the Cuban missile crisis.
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool