The Land Before Time > Land Before Time TV Series (2007)

Why did the T.V. series stop airing?

(1/8) > >>

jonk012:
It had 26 episodes and then...that was it.

Was it always meant to be one season just to "revive" the interest in the franchise?

I hear alot of people on here say that the ratings show that it was a flop, but I disagree. Now the only source I have is from the LBT wikia and under the critical reception section of it every single episode i've seen recieved a 9 out of 10, a 8 out of 10, or a 10 out of 10 on tv.com. But then again, it was just like 3-5 reviews for all those episodes.

So could ya'll point me to websites that has way more reviews and an average rating of the show so I could get a better understanding on where the fanbase stands on the series?

Now I watch every episode 2-3 times good or bad. Just so I can go back and take in the background and rehear lines that I was too distracted to hear or missed.

But overall, i would agree with those reviews.  I would give the series a 8 out of 10.

Now it does have some problems but ya'll basically covered them already.

Like for example, the series has no overarching plot. Each episode is just random and you can watch them in any particular order.

Also, the most obvious one. The recycled melodies that they used in each episode.

Also, on wide shots the walks cycles for the last few episodes was like they were still in the their computer-generated stage. Like they didn't even bother to animate them. Hmm I wonder if that was a sign that the show was running out of budget. Did ya'll notice the walk cycles on wide shots? Or was that just me?

Sorry if ya'll already made a thread on the topic. I was just really curious.

Truttle:
I really need to watch this series. I will try to find it somewhere.

rhombus:
Pretty much all of the TV series episodes can be found on this YouTube channel at the moment:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTXRaetwhoKvsh__pDQDLbA

As for why the series stopped airing, I think it is a mixture of the series primarily focusing on appealing to a younger audience and the series appearing after the films were past their zenith. I think a LBT series in the 1990s could have lasted several seasons, especially with the more limited options in terms of cartoon-based channels and the existence of Saturday Morning Cartoons on the three major stations in the US, but it probably lacked the viewership numbers to justify a continuation of the series when released in the late 2000s.

Truttle:
If perhaps some good effort could be put into it and appeal more to adults and kids alike, it can garner some attention. With the aid of advertisement and merchandise. =3

DaveTheAnalyzer:
I wonder how much continuity lockout might have played a role. If kid viewers just happened to be exposed to the Land Before Time through the TV series first, I wonder how lost they might be. There are callbacks to the movie series that the new audience mightn’t. Though Ruby and Chomper at times acted as the audience surrogates to explain these callbacks (which I think is a good idea), I’m not sure how effective the execution was.

I wouldn’t mind if the series had tacked to the tone and theme of The Sarah Jane Adventure. The Doctor Who spinoff was aimed at a young audience, but had genuine threat, great drama, and heartfelt character moments that sustained it among viewers until the lead actress’ death. I hearted that show and wouldn’t mind if other children’s television took a page out of their book.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version