The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

How did you find the GOF?

Petrie. · 241 · 47687

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
^^^Oh come on.  Your responses have an adequate amount of thought put into them and that's all we expect.  You fit in very well here.  Don't let anyone make you think otherwise.  There may be a select few here who can write very well thought out and lengthy responses, but that doesn't mean that being "scholarly" is a standard requirement for being here here.^^^

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I second that. When I said earlier that I was impressed with your posts I meant it The Friendly Sharptooth. You have shown yourself to write very thought through messages (and gosh, I love to read through that kind of messages) and also show a respectful attitude towards other participants in a discussion. I am a bit surprised that you of all people would feel "unworthy to contribute" here. There is not such a thing as "unworthy for the GOF" excepting spammers or people who just want to offend others (mercifully both are rarely showing up in the GOF).
It is very good to be self-critical to the degree where it enables somebody to accept constructive criticism and reexamine the own position to maybe discover mistakes and chances for improvement, but it may be harmful when a degree of self-consciousness is reached that makes somebody underestimate the own abilities and depreciate the own accomplishments.

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://gatewayisland.proboards.com
I found a few forums before this one, but they were all pretty much dead.  Last posts being made in 2006. o.o"
The link here I found it by visiting those forums and also by youtube. before I fixed the link, I used youtube to reach the GOF.

Also, The Friendly Sharptooth is one of the best and most explicit person I've seen. He knows how to explain it, while making sense and telling you what you want. Not many people can do that, write "bibles" per say and make sense. Not to be disrespectful to anyone, that is.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I don't write lengthy posts.  Doesn't it take all sorts to make a forum? :p

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://gatewayisland.proboards.com
Of course it does. Short and lenghty. But I meant that TFS (sorry, the name's long) writes them lenghty and comprehensible.

Or was that post not for me?

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
There is nothing wrong with lengthly posts, The Friendly Sharptooth.  In fact, I tend to be more drawn to longer posts (not saying that I ignore anything else).  I can't believe your instructors would cut back on your points 'cuz your answers were lengthly.  Although I find it awfully difficult to believe, I've had many praises on my writing and have been asked a countless number of times if I ever intend to publish anything.  My essay answers have always tended to be so long the instructors, with my permission, made copies of them to use for sample purposes in future classes.  The hardest thing I ever had to learn is how to not let my Southern dialect end up in a formal paper :rolleyes.  Anyhoo, I'll get to the point here :oops.  I'm shocked to hear that about your scores.  Even if it's not okay with them, your long replies are welcome here :yes.  Don't ever feel uninvited at the GOF.  We're a great bunch to be around, and you're a wonderful addition to the GOF :yes.  Take care, and post lots!

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Some folks have a style that makes lengthy posts natural for them and others shorter. Both can be natural.  Though some dislike long or short posts.

metadude1234

• Banana Egg
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
hi peoples, i found out about GOF from youtube!!!
I'm so happy!
YAY!!!  :lol:  :DD  :lol:
facebook.com/venomwargreymon

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
DarkHououmon and I chat about this site and Boom!...here I am

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

raga

• Petrie
    • View Profile
found it through the lbt funsite, finding it a second time took 15 min and a dozen google searches

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I hope you've bookmarked it.  If not you can find it on the lbt wiki front page I think.  Or you could when I use to go there.

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Kor,Mar 19 2009 on  06:01 PM
Happy you are here?
Yeah its awesome.

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I found it through Land before time wikipedia via google.  
Google is a wonderful program sometimes...

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Quote from: NeoGenesis005,Mar 20 2009 on  02:52 PM
Quote from: Kor,Mar 19 2009 on  06:01 PM
Happy you are here?
Yeah its awesome.
Great to hear. I hope you continue to enjoy yourself here.  & Everyone else too.  :yes  :smile

metadude1234

• Banana Egg
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
i'm glad i joined this site because it means i'm not the only one who likes LBT that isn't a kid!!!! yay!!!! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
facebook.com/venomwargreymon

Compy-Rex

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I found it through Welcome To Jurassic Park.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Yeah the best way to keep this site from being lost is bookmarking it or putting it under your favorites. I did favorites so I will never not know where this site is.

• Spike
    • View Profile
i'm glad i joined this site because it means i'm not the only one who likes LBT that isn't a kid!!!! yay!!!!

Ditto man, Ditto