The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Cars

Petrie. · 12 · 1209

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Interesting subject for sure....I thought it was a fine film, and glad they didn't focus on the racing aspect for the entire show.  Sure wasn't easy to market in the first place.

Found this place where people actually make their own cars look like the cars in the film with the eyes on the winshield and mouths under the grill.  Some of them are LOL funny.  I guess its inspried art students to try some things. :D

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1151725

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Haha :lol: At first I thought you meant that they were actually trying to paint the mouth and eyes right onto their cars :lol I actually still have yet to see that movie.

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h110/Lit...62010022841.jpg I still think this is awesome :p

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
The Pikachu Bug probably has the worst wind resistance of any car.  :P:  Surprised the tail doesn't fly off on the highway.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, this was a really good movie, one of which I'm glad I got for Christmas.

I don't know how long the idea of making cars have a mind of their own has been around, but it's still a good one despite that.  I really liked this idea of a rookie racecar getting stranded in the middle of nowhere and learning a few things.

I must admit, Lightning McQueen is amazingly good at racing.  He even knows some nice tricks to get out of tough situations.  I was definately amazed at how he got out of that wreck in one piece.  For a rookie, he's pretty unbelieveable.

I also liked the relationship he got with Sally.  I'm sure a number of people here know that I'm a sucker for romantic moments. :P:

I also liked the comedic moments they put in.  Mater is a really funny guy.  I just loved his quotes.  Especially these:

Lightning: You know her?

Mater: She's the town's attorney, and my fiancee.

Lightning: What!?

Mater: *laughs* Just kidding!  She just likes to rub my body.

:lol:

Mater: My name's Mater.

Lightning: Mater?

Mater: Yeah.  You know, like "tah-mater", but without the "tah"!

:lol

This is my fav:

Doc: Well, I didn't have much of a choice.  Mater didn't get to say good-bye.

Mater: Good-bye!  Okay, I'm good.

There's no smilie to indicate how funny that was. :D

Anyways, great film.  One everyone should definately watch.  The extra features are also good.  Espcially the short "Mater and the Ghostlight".

Totally funny.

:lol

Well, that's all I pretty much have to say about this film.

I'll see ya later. :^.^:

Lain_EX

• Ducky
    • View Profile
What can I say? The movie is fantastic! Great job, Disney and Pixar!

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Many thought it would be Pixar's first bomb.   Financially, it didn't make as much as other Pixar films, but it sure made a nice chunk of change in the process so I don't see it as a financial disaster.  Perhaps marketing was a bit off, but it was a different approach--you don't see feature length films about anthro cars very often. :p  Definitely trying something unusual and doing well with it.

nabil r

Quote from: Lain_EX,Jan 22 2007 on  03:23 PM
What can I say? The movie is fantastic! Great job, Disney and Pixar!
this movie is wonderful i have it on dvd :^.^:

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
It was cute.

Actually, it's "She just likes me for my body"

But one of my favorites is
Lightning: He's won three Piston cups!
Mater: *spits out beverage* He did WHAT in his cup!?
Sick joke, but still funny XD !

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Lightning: He's won three Piston cups!
Mater: *spits out beverage* He did WHAT in his cup!?
:lol  :p

heh, that's priceless. :lol:

One movie I should probably see one day.  I've just never had the opportunity present itself for me to see it, so I never have.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It sounds like a movie I'd like, I've never gotten around to watching it.  Maybe I will one day.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
ya, it was a pretty good film, i watched it a bus ride for a school trip, otherwise i probably would have never gotten around to seeing it.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
I honestly didn't care for this movie :p First of all, why would there only be cars on earth and no source of human life anywhere?  :blink: The plot of it all and everything about it, it just wasn't one of my faves :p