The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://raptoid.deviantart.com/
I'd choose Samus, or Mega Man X.  I like them both.  :DD

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'll be Fox, he's by far the character I'm best with...
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
I am good with Mewtwo and able to stop some strong attacks that would be almost hard to block with some attacks of Mewtwo that changes it specaily from air to ground attacks one of Mewtwo's smash attacks upwards counters that attack with ease and if not just teleport up the attack misses completely.

I heard it hard to use MEwtwo and people that did find him rubbish but I must say, Mewtwo is a challenge to use on the game :D

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Well Metal Gear came out on Gamecube I guess that why Snake made a appearance in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, I gather why they pick all those charcaters since SEGA has no console now and Sonic on Playstation, Xbox and Gamecube with some of the major SEGA icons. So in a way Sonic jus moving towards the Nintendo all stars locatation.

Only stating what happened from history of SEGA no longer a console provider after the failiar of Dreamcast.

Nah...that's not strictly true. Sonic will ALWAYS be a Sega character. Just because he now appears on other consoles since Sega no longer make machines of their own does not automatically make him the property of the console makers. The Sonic franchise has evidently continued but the days of the console wars between Nintendo and Sega being the top-dogs has moved on. Granted the Dreamcast was a burnout but that doesn't bring to light the fact that Sonic is now the property of the console providers. He is just simply platform hopping since there is no home ground to tred on anymore. Sega is just like any other software company out there now (Square Enix, Capcom, Konami etc.) and they have their specfic stars and mascots.

Similar with Snake. He's made ONE appearance on Gamecube but that doesn't make him Ninty's character. This just happens to be a cameo appearance that obviously Ninty and Hal Labs approached Konami on (or maybe vice versa).

Not having a moan or anything but that just sounded like a misconception that should  needed rectifying.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Link has always been my personal fav! He's been my choice, first time every time!  :^.^:

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I'd choose Yoshi.  He is pretty fast and pretty strong.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Checked out the trailer again and it looks like me and Snake think alike in a little area.  We study our opponents to figure out ways to defeat our opponents.

Knowing your enemy is the first step to defeating your enemy.

My little brother doesn't realize that I strategize to win.  He thinks I cheat.  Sore loser I say. :P:

Simply, I figure out how my enemy fights and figure out possible counter strategies to beat those.  Just in case, I also figure out possible counter strategies to my own strategy of how to win and how to beat that one against me.

You alternate attacks to avoid me figuring you out, and I've got a nice strategy to beat that. ;)

In other words, me and Kirby are ready for all of ya!  So we say, Bring it on! :^.^:

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I found out the other day, browsing through a gamers mag, that apparently, Snake's going to be getting his own unique battle stage! No hints have been given away yet as to what will be included in terms of theme or traps/hazards etc. but apparently, Konami are supposed to be in on the making of it. Perhaps they will give up concept art from the Metal Gear Solid series so Nintendo and Hal Labs can create his battle arena. Sounds pretty cool! I wonder what it'll look like?

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
You not only have to think about the character being used, but also the person controlling the character--usually a person has a certain style to their play.  A lot of the really good gamers know their opponents.

KingdomKey23

• Ducky
    • View Profile
It takes a lot of practice to master your character. I've always chosen Fox, and I hope he returns in Brawl. I wonder if the wavedash ability will be in it? I want to learn it so badly. :(

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
USA release date confirmed for Wii. Noverember 18th

UK 8th December :) that cool only 20 days apart. I am getting a pre order done right away.

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I am one step closer to geting the Nitendo Wii :) I have pre ordered and top of the list. And one step closer to getting Super Smash Bros. Brawl

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ha!  I've got the money to buy the Wii in full cash now.

You see, my sister owed me $250 dollars, which I had loaned her, and she paid me back in cash.  It is currently hidden in a location that shall remain unknown.  Only a theif that is lucky could ever find it.  I made sure to that. ;)

Next up, I have yet to find a place in town to pre-order it, but as soon as I do, I'm pre-ordering it. :)

Now, I just need to know one thing, how much are these Nintendo Wii games going to go for?  I just need to know how much I need to save up to get my hands on Brawl. :^.^:

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
£179.99 it going to cost in full. I paid £20 as pre-order and from what i know of pre-ordering it reduce the cost by a little bit more :D

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
IF what I've been hearing is true we should get another new updated character list....tomorrow.  :D

*looks down at his signature*  He'll be there. ;)  I know it.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Hve they confirmed the number of character's yet?
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

KingdomKey23

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Funny, I don't know if they said anything at TGS. I must have not been keeping track, but I'm sure TGS would have some information on Brawl.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Haven't seen anything...guess I had heard a false rumor.  :(

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Nick22,Sep 28 2006 on  11:09 AM
Hve they confirmed the number of character's yet?
As far as I know, there's 50 charcters.  Though it is unknown what the final number will be.

Oh boy!  I just can't wait for this game!  Why must they torture us like this? :lol:

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
lol.  I just hope it out not long after Wii comes out. I really want it and if I guess right they will bring out a mario kart as well. for each nitendo there is always a Mario Kart.