The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Threehorn,Oct 3 2006 on  01:24 PM
lol.  I just hope it out not long after Wii comes out. I really want it and if I guess right they will bring out a mario kart as well. for each nitendo there is always a Mario Kart.
There wasn't one in NES, Game Boy or Game Boy Color, but then again, I doubt much could've been done with so few buttons to use. :P:

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
since the super Nes there has always been one. for each Nintendo after the Super nes. Plus the first ones wouldn't do much cause of the graphics

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I imagine there will be a mario Kart Wii. although I'm not sure whether I want 2 riders per cart as in Double Dash or a single rider caart. If there is a simgle rider cart, then expand the number of racers. Another possibility would be a tournament (on the vs. menu) where you race against an opponent over a race course, you win, you advance to a different course and opponent.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, I have gotten the official information of the events of Nintendo Wii for the launch date. :)

Source: Nintendo Power Magazine

Prepare for Launch

At long last, Nintendo pulls back the curtain on the Wii launch-date, price, pack-in title, and more revealed!

After months of rumor, speculation, and message-board debate of apocalyptic proportions, Nintendo has finally announced official Wii launch details.  The console will hit North American shelves on November 19 for an MSRP of $249.99.  Each system will come with a wireless Wii remote and a nunchuk attachment, as well as a copy of Wii Sports, making it the first console to launch with a pack-in title since the Sega Saturn in 1995.  Wii Sports is composed of five activities-tennis, baseball, golf, boxing, and bowling-designed to be simple and intuitive enough for everyone to enjoy, and to serve as a showpiece for the controller's unique functionality.  Nintendo will also release The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and Excite Truck on launch day (alongside a number of third-party titles), and expects approximately 30 games to be available by December 31.  First-party titles will have an MSRP of $49.99, but other publishers are free to set their own prices (let's hope they follow the Big N's lead).

The other big news is that the system's interface-called the Wii Channel Menu-will offer a series of onscreen channels that enable a surprising variety of functions.  The Disc Channel is where you'll go to play Wii Titles or backwards-compatible GCN games.  With the Mii Channel (pronounced Me), users can create playable caricatures of themselves to use in certain games (though it's not yet known which games).  The Photo Channel provides a way to upload digital photos from an SD memory card and proform various editing functions or even add music and create a slide show.  When connected to the Internet via broadband, you'll also be able to access the Forecast Channel, which provides local weather updates; the News Channel, which lets users access up-to-the-minute news from around the world; and the Internet Channel, which allows you to browse the world wide interwebs if you download the optional Opera browser.  There's also a calendar-based Message Board that you can use to leave messages for family and friends, or send text and photos to e-mail accounts or cell phones.  Finally, the Wii Shop Channel is where you'll download classic games from the NES, SNES, N64, Sega Genesis, and TurboGrafx-16 for the Virtual Console.  Nintendo has yet to announce the Virtual Console's launch lineup and pricing details, but that infromation should be revealed in the coming weeks.  Needless to say, we'll have much, much more on the Wii launch in next month's issue.  For now, mark your calendars and start saving those pennies; it's going to be an exciting November.-Steve T.

Look at that, I even took the time to give this quote the fancy looking title it had in the magazine and everything. :)

Now, official game list for launch day:

Launch Window Titles:

The Ant Bully
Barnyard
Blazing Angels
Call of Duty 3
Cars
Chicken Little: Ace in Action
Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 2
Elebits
Excite Truck
Far Cry: Vengence
The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy
GT Pro Series
Happy Feet
Ice Age 2
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Madden NFL 07
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
Metal Slug Anthology
Monster 4x4: World Circuit
Need for Speed Carbon
Open Season
Rampage
Rapala Tournament Fishing
Rayman Raving Rabbids
Red Steel
Spongebob SquarePants: Creature from the Krusty Krab
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz
Tom Clancey's Splinter Cell: Double Agent
Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam
Trauma Center: Second Opinion
Wii Sports
World Series of Poker

Ouch!  Well since my hands hurt right now, I'll stop typing.  I'll give more after my hands have a good rest. :^.^:

KingdomKey23

• Ducky
    • View Profile
While it doesn't fully relate to the subject of Super Smash Brothers Brawl, Pokeplayer, this is indeed great news. With all of these cool features the game looks promising and a lot of fans will be excited to finally play LOZ:TP. I can already picture the crowed stores on Nov 18th. My birthday is on the 23th, but I don't have an intention to get the Wii...yet. XD But thanks for sharing that with us.  ;)

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
http://media.wii.ign.com/media/748/748545/vids_1.html

There's a new Brawl trailer out.  :D

My comments:

Is Wario supposed to imitate some lazy person with that itchy butt?   That was just too funny and sick at the same time.

Trailer shows that we've gained a canine friend, but I'm wondering on the status of another canine friend that resembles jackal-like Anubis.  Is he joining the party too?

Side note--they really picked on poor Kirby and Pikachu...I don't think either did any sort of attack but yet got beat up somehow. Sure hope they aren't fluff characters.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well KK23, (mind if I call ya that, KindomKey23?) what this info does reveal is that Brawl won't be around on Launch Day, which some of us did believe.  However, it just might be one of the games that will come out before the end of the year.  Hopefully that will be the case and we can all enjoy a nice battle against one another around good old Christmas. :^.^:

KingdomKey23

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Good, I wouldn't mind going head to head with some GOF members. If I get Wii that is. XD

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Hopefully that will be the case and we can all enjoy a nice battle against one another around good old Christmas

I'd be down for that! By the look of some of the player videos of some of you guys, you all look like worthy challengers!  ;) Dunno exactly when I might be going for a Wii (sorry...just had to say it like that  :P:  :lol ) but I will get one eventually coz I mean for the price it's at over here in the UK (around £130), it's dirt cheap compared to the extortionate price the PS3 will be when that first comes out.  <_<

Look forward to Brawlin' with y'all!  :DD

Lain_EX

• Ducky
    • View Profile
*Walks in* Hey, I also want my SSBB game, with new chars. Wario rox!

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hopefully that will be the case and we can all enjoy a nice battle against one another around good old Christmas

I'd be down for that! By the look of some of the player videos of some of you guys, you all look like worthy challengers!  Dunno exactly when I might be going for a Wii (sorry...just had to say it like that   ) but I will get one eventually coz I mean for the price it's at over here in the UK (around £130), it's dirt cheap compared to the extortionate price the PS3 will be when that first comes out. 

I'm game too!  I'll let you know when/if I get a Wii.  I certainly plan on it, providing it comes up with a few good multiplayer games.  I want to see it for myself before I decide for sure but I'll most likely be up for picking up a Wii and, of course, Smash Bros Brawl! B)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'm looking at a few things about the Wii, and I'm guessing that Super Smash Bros. Brawl will require both the Wiimote and the Nunchuck attachment to be played properally.

I took a recent look at a 3D rotational view of the Nunchuck somewhere on YouTube, and I spotted the B button on it.  It is conviently located right in front of the control stick. :P: Gee, what a nice place to put the special attack button, huh? :lol:

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
This is going to be the BEST game ever. I am a huge Super Smash Bros. fan! My school has had a tournament for the past two years with SSB and SSBM.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: lbt/cty_lover,Nov 29 2007 on  05:03 PM
This is going to be the BEST game ever. I am a huge Super Smash Bros. fan! My school has had a tournament for the past two years with SSB and SSBM.
Hey, check out this topic in The Gamers Zone for the latest discussions on the Super Smash Bros. series and the upcoming Super Smash Bros. Brawl!