The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
Not sure if a topic is opened for this so I just made one. if it has then you can delete this topic.

I been watching trailers for the new game for the Nidtendo Wii or Reverloation (sorry for bad spelling.), and Super Smash Bros. Brawl looks pretty COOL. I was amazed to see that they got Snake in it. THE Snake from Metal Gear Solid, I got to see how this is going to turn out, I am getting the console soon as it comes out, I plan to reserve myself a copy of it. It is a must have system for me. But Brawl is one of the first games I am going to get hold of.

Does anyone know more about it? part from trailers and pictures found on the offical sight and Smash Bros. Site? I love to know more about this new cool game coming out soon :) I got to complete it like I completed Smash Bros. on the Gamecube. I managed to get all the tropies on the game :D which is pretty cool and played it more then any other game cause it one thing that you hardly get boried of. When you play with friends.

I wonder if Brawl will be the Wi-Fi type, that would be cool if it was, I can play people world wide with it. :lol

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I can't wait for Nintendo Wii to come out!  Of course, with it costing near $500, I'm really going to have to dip into my Savings Account, but I estimate to have about $10,000 dollars in there by then. :)

As for the game, SSB: Brawl, it's going to be one of the first games I buy! :^.^: (Along with the Lengend of Zelda game for Wii and Super Mario Galaxy.  Gezz!  I think that's about $700 I plan to spend. :blink:)

I read in a magazine that there's going to be about 40 charcters to choose from. :o

I'm not sure who will be in it, but 40 charcters? :wow Nintendo is definately taking gameplay to a whole new level. B)

Of course, just like the other two, my main choice for battle will be the pink wonder, Kirby!

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://raptoid.deviantart.com/
I've known about Super Smash Brothers Brawl since the E3 convention three months ago.  I heard Solid Snake from Konami's Metal Gear Solid is going to be a playable character.  But I still go for Samus Aran.  I heard that the game will use the Gamecube controller, but since the game won't come out until 2007 it might change.  Wario is also a playable character.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
My sig explains all.  :lol:  Yes I'm familiar with Melee and soon to be Brawl.  We actually have a huge topic about it at WTJP here started by yours truly. ;)

I'm not sure yet how much time I'll have to experiment with the latest release, even if I'm going to splurg on the system.  Too many unknowns right now, but I'd sure love to try it.  :yes

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Soon as Wii is out in the UK I am buying it right away! No questions asked. I am a fan of the Gamecube and got a lot of games for it, my fav of course is Smash Bros. As for other consoles. I got a Xbox360, Mega Drive, N64. and a PC and laptop. Another PC which I half own and my mum owning half of it and the internet. I am kind of the computer. Game Freak in the house lol followed by my sister who plays my Smash Bros. alot with her friend. Lol

Super smash Brawl here we come! if I get Wi-Fi I will play online with it as well. Muhahha and kick everyones butts! :lol

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Threehorn,Aug 4 2006 on  11:32 PM
Super smash Brawl here we come! if I get Wi-Fi I will play online with it as well. Muhahha and kick everyones butts! :lol
You'll have to get past me first!  The Pink Wonder Master! :D (There's not a game that involves Kirby that I can't beat with ease!  I'm a natural! :^.^:)

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
For some reason I'm having visions of Snake coming up behind Mario and slitting his throat, and that Raiden will be an unlockable character.  :lol:
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
For a minute there I thought poke was a Jiggs player too.  :lol:  For some reason I think Kirby is actually easier to KO than Jiggs though they're about the same size and weight.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'm a master with Fox Mccloud in Melee. I'm looking forward to Brawl, they will have Fox, Falcxo, Krystal(a new Starfox character) and I believe Slippy as well.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
So why does everyone play with who they do (in Melee)?

One of my favorites is Jigglypuff and its because it you can do it right, you can just keep hitting your opponent up in the air before they can recover and before they know it, they're off the stage and gone, while Jiggs puffs back on.  :D  It doesn't always work that way naturally, but it is a big advantage.  Plus, who can hate "rest"?  :lol:  40% KO's.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I at first used Kirby alot because of his "copy" ability.  However, as I improved, I found several reasons to like him.  If you use the "Stone" move effectively, it makes a VERY strong defense. (In fact, I can use this technique for those who dare to use Jig's Rest on me.  You start to do Rest, but I Stone, blocking it completely, I transform back and throw you VERY far.  Hehe!  Evil counter, huh? ;)) Just like Jig, he can puff his way back to the stage, and if needed, he can knock away those edge guarders with his hidden sword.

Not to mention, when you master the "puff technique", he can knock away enemies that are trying to get back on.

He can be the most annoying puffball your opponent ever faced when you use him well. (N00bs get really pissed at how easily I beat them with what they would consider a weakling.)

The only other one I've become incredibly skilled with is Pikachu.  The double quick attack is plain annoying to the opponent on the verge of knocking you off.

A surprise THUNDER from above can really blast someone into the stratisphere quite frequently when used right.  After a while, hot shot n00bs find it VERY annoying.

Ever known anyone else's tail to be an effective weapon?  I kill n00bs who think otherwise.

And who can resist an electric headbutt?  He probably has the most damaging forward airial attack around.

No wonder so many hate this electric rat.  He's annoying when used well. :)

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Personally, I'm a master with Adula Link. No one has beaten me while I use him for....ever since I mastered playing him shortly after "Melee" was released, and I play against some makor gamers, as well as the game with the AI on level 9.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Fox is one of the faster players, and I'm pretty good at using his attacks. Personal preference really.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, here's a little something I found.  The info isn't fully confirmed yet, but according to a magazine I checked out, there's a high chance that this game will come with the Nintendo Wii as a bundle pack for the amazing price of only $250. :o

How Nintendo can let the bundle sell for that much is unknown, but at a crazy price like that, these things will get sold out fast.  You'd best arrive 2 days early if you want a garentee at getting it when it hits stores. :^.^:

Best you mark your calendar for November.  This thing will sell faster than you may think. :lol:

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I heard on Attack of the Show on G4 TV that the Wii may be released as early as October 2nd.   :^.^:

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
$250 dollars is still less than the cost of the X-Box 360 and the PlayStation 3.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
So wil you be able to play this on the gamecube system or not?
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
They're not sure, the game won't come out until 2007, so it's subject to change.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It will be worth the wait I',m sure :)
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Nintendo Wii is coming out this year around October - noverember time and so is Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Games.uk which is a shop that part of the same people that own EB says it coming out late 2006 and about 6 games with it such as Brawl is part of it. not 2007. I have Asked GAME this and they told me this before coming out to the USA that was 2 months ago and checking on the website it stating 2006 still.