The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

When worlds collide

Emeraldsunstone1990

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Hi there again. I was told that I could post an idea for a rpg, so...here goes. My idea for an rpg is invovles my two OC's Jake and Backstop being sucked back in time when Jake decides to go and visit dinotopia one day, but ends up going to the great valley by accident. Along with his triceratops buddy, he has to try and adapt to life in the great valley, whilst also trying to find the required magic to charge his sunstone to get home again. However, a great evil has been revived upon his arrival....what do you all think, and who might be intestered in this idea?

Emeraldsunstone1990

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I uhh...guess no ones really intersted then.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Emeraldsunstone1990

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Thank you for that Belmont. I just hope others show interset.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
You have to give folks some time.  Some only come on here in afternoons or evenings and the members are spread all over the world across many time zones.

Emeraldsunstone1990

• Chomper
    • View Profile

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 I must take a look at my times since I may get to be busy this whole semester, but I will still ask, who are those OCs you mentioned Jake and Backstop? can you post some background info about them? That can make things easier perhaps.
 Other thing may be if things like magic will be allowed and at what levels to avoid powergaming, and how much close to pure-LBT this rpg will be, things like that.
 Keep it up!.

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I got your PM, and while I don't think I have enough time to devote to an RP, I think it does sound cool. Good Luck!

Emeraldsunstone1990

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Name: Jake Scott

Speices: Human

Apperance: Jet black hair, that's spiked but the front hangs down over his eyes. Emerald eyes, straight nose. He wears a black open vest, sleevless green shirt, blue jeans and black boots. Has a katana strapped to his back, and a headbandanna of the rising sun underneath his spiked hair.

Personality: Fun seeking, adventorus seeking, stubborn, kind, loyal, cocky, trustworthy.

Bio: The youngest brother of the Scotts, he is one of the three chosen ones that was destined without knowing it to defeat Zargthar, the evil twin brother of Ogthar who wanted to rule Dinotopia. He has trained in multiple styles of martial arts, and swordplay and like his brothers, from being loyal and true to his saurian life partner, has gained Triasic powers.

----------

Name: Backstop

Speices: Triceratops

Apperance: Green scaled triceratops, with a red scaled back. Aqua colored eyes. Sevearl golden rings decorated on his horns, as well as a small arm band as well.

Personality: Brash, arrogant, tough guy attitude, loyal, stubborn, and kind

Bio: Backstop is the saurian life partner of Jake Scott, who helped him reach Zargthar to stop him from taking over the island of Dinotopia. His family was orginally killed by a Sharptooth, but he was assited by Jake in escaping. The two had a rocky relationship in the beginning, but after a trip through dangerous territory, became friends and then saurian life partners.

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Hey, I also got your invite and thanks, but I think I'll skip in all honesty but best of luck with the role play :D

Emeraldsunstone1990

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Well...so far only one person agreed to join, and im not really getting any other responses.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I think I'd like in on this, if you don't mind!

Emeraldsunstone1990

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I dont mind at all!! Itd be awesome to have more people!!

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
I might be in on this too... as I said in the PM...

Emeraldsunstone1990

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Okay then. Since a good number of people have agreed to join, please post what OC's or main LBT charecters you we'll be controlling, or useing.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Sounds like the rp will have magic in it.

Emeraldsunstone1990

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Yeah, they'll be some magic. JUst no "Over the top, blow up the world" kinda magic.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I guess stuff like Littlefoot breathing fire, Cera having cold breath, Petrie able to life and throw around bolders, ect.  A thing easy to powergame, as some folks like to do.  

I guess the Dinotopia the chars are from departs from the books done by Gurney that I've read (1-2, 4) the sunstones are glowing batteries used to power Poseidos tech.

I've not liked the times I tried being in an lbt rp where there was magic.  I ended up leaving fairly early since folks oc's were summoning storms, could call lightning, shapeshifting, and stuff like that, but fc's could not do any magic.

(Is it just me or is the forum slower then back when I had dial up.  It is only here since everywhere else loads at normal speed.)

Emeraldsunstone1990

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Dont worry, I'll be lient with the whole magic thing. It wont be where someones too powerful. Just powerful enough to defend himself, but not like any summon stroms, or revive people or anything like that,